Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
32.50%
Greenup County
67.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Greenup County 8/28
old warrior Wrote:I am one of those fans that watch you get beat everytime you are in playoffs, you all can't win the big one still, you all choke.

Yea.....well.....Maybe someday you will get to watch your own team lose in the Playoffs.
There is something a to be a little concerned about if you are a GC Fan. If you have 26 seniors on that team That means there were only about 10 underclassmen on the sidelines the other night. How will you field a team with only ten kids next year. You need eleven to play.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Typo yea.... That's it a typo! :eyeroll::lmao:

It really was. But once I saw it I liked it.
Pretty sure there is under 20 sr's.
I'm not a Tomcats fan, but no.
I mean no I don't think Russell will beat the Muskies this time.
For what it's worth I don't think my Lions will beat anybody this year, but GC wins this and they finish 2nd in the district.
Kosar Wrote:Pretty sure there is under 20 sr's.

18 Seniors, 7 Juniors, 6 Sophmores, and 7 freshman.
Musketeer Wrote:18 Seniors, 7 Juniors, 6 Sophmores, and 7 freshman.

OK.....Just wondering......We've just heard all the talk earlier about 80 players and 29 of them being seniors. I get to the game and the numbers for GC were pretty low for a 4a school. They will have to be in great shape to win games. They can't have much depth.
Musketeer Wrote:18 Seniors, 7 Juniors, 6 Sophmores, and 7 freshman.
Does that include the 2 that are injured?
I know they did have a really good 8 th grade team last yr. They beat ashlands 8th grade an that was the only team they lost to reg season then lost to lex. Catholic. In the middle school state playoffs, I don't know who all knows about this but it is relatively new as far as I know, the last several yrs. Pretty good thing though gives those middle schoolers something yo play for other than just the end of the season!
BADCAT74 Wrote:I know they did have a really good 8 th grade team last yr. They beat ashlands 8th grade an that was the only team they lost to reg season then lost to lex. Catholic. In the middle school state playoffs, I don't know who all knows about this but it is relatively new as far as I know, the last several yrs. Pretty good thing though gives those middle schoolers something yo play for other than just the end of the season!

It's actually one of the crapiest tournaments ever. Good concept but not well thought out. Playoff games are much to close together. These kids take a beating and then have to play a day or two later. example: Racelands 7th grade played NEKC champ game against ashland on a saturday and then had to go to morgan co. on monday to play Fleming in the playoffs. Had we won on monday our next game would have been on wednsday. Now i'm no whiner, but thats to much for 12-13 year old kids.
OU812 Wrote:Does that include the 2 that are injured?

Yes!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It's actually one of the crapiest tournaments ever. Good concept but not well thought out. Playoff games are much to close together. These kids take a beating and then have to play a day or two later. example: Racelands 7th grade played NEKC champ game against ashland on a saturday and then had to go to morgan co. on monday to play Fleming in the playoffs. Had we won on monday our next game would have been on wednsday. Now i'm no whiner, but thats to much for 12-13 year old kids.

Yea we had to do the same thing, it's a little rushed but we really enjoyed it, by that time if the season everybody got all the practices in an conditioning is either there or it's never going to be. But, I think at least, our kids would rather play in a game than practice, (most do) it seemed to be harder on the coaches an parents than the kids they had a ball, heck they got like three more games to play instead of packing away the cletes for another year!
So after seeing Ashland beat GC with the passing game, does anyone really think that Russell will pass more than they run? Or even a 50/50 split? I for one find it hard to believe and think Russell will sweep and trap as they always do.
Russell will sweep and trap.
FBALL Wrote:Russell will sweep and trap.
Wow, LOL, that was really insightful.
Kosar Wrote:So after seeing Ashland beat GC with the passing game, does anyone really think that Russell will pass more than they run? Or even a 50/50 split? I for one find it hard to believe and think Russell will sweep and trap as they always do.

Ivan mcglone will run the wing-t all game he'll live or die by what brought him to the dance plus Russell doesn't have the skillset at qb and wr that.Ashland.does
More insight. Russell can't throw and doesn't have the skill players that Ashland does. No shot gun, no spreading the field and they are all slow. GC shouldn't even worry about anything but a power running game.
I like Russell by 3 tds
FBALL Wrote:More insight. Russell can't throw and doesn't have the skill players that Ashland does. No shot gun, no spreading the field and they are all slow. GC shouldn't even worry about anything but a power running game.

Personally, I look for them to go 5 wide, air it out, and possibly even set some state records.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I like Russell by 3 tds

no no no no and no russell may win but will not win by 3tds
I think it will be interesting to see if GC can rise to the occasion, and beat the team that has had there number for years?? Despite being the best greenup team I've personally seen. This should be a good Win for GC, but losing to a team year in an year out can sometimes be too much to overcome mentally?? No matter how good you may be!

Old habits die HARD!:HitWall: I will be listening....
Russell-42
Greenup County-13
GC-29
Russell-7
Russell 3
GC 0
Today is the day for the Musketeers to make believers out of everyone. Go out and get it done!
GC-1

Russell-0
Greenup 35
Russell 14

I hope I am wrong though. Good Luck to the Red Devils tonight.
Greenup whoops their tails!