Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier 35 Ballard 34
Final.
Wow! Heart Breaking for Coach J! Great job Coach. Wow. Wish you would've stuck around here for a couple more years.
Said in the prediction thread that the Bruins had enough talent to hang with X and looks like I was right. Didn't expect it to be this close though.

Congrats X!
This would have been a fun game to be at. Is Trinity the team in 6A????
Stardust Wrote:This would have been a fun game to be at. Is Trinity the team in 6A????

That's a very good question.

At this point, I would give Trinity the edge.

But X and Ballard aren't far behind.

Louisville dominates 6A this season, outside the likes of Ryle or SK.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's a very good question.

At this point, I would give Trinity the edge.

But X and Ballard aren't far behind.

Louisville dominates 6A this season, outside the likes of Ryle or SK.

With what Campbell County did tonight, I'm not quite ready to give NKY 6A to Ryle or SK! I've said all along, people are putting SK high just because of their recent history. There is no Miles Simpson anymore!
^^^^ Campbell County beat a school that is trying to rebuild their football program and is struggling. It is a Cinti school with a good tradition and they trounced them but its too early to tell how good of a win that is at this point. No doubt that N.Ky 6A presents some real competition for the state title this year. I still think that Trinity is a notch above all of them but it's close enough that an upset would not be all that surprising. Looking forward to seeing what Ryle does after that tough loss to Highlands b/c they may be the real deal.
kypecos Wrote:^^^^ Campbell County beat a school that is trying to rebuild their football program and is struggling. It is a Cinti school with a good tradition and they trounced them but its too early to tell how good of a win that is at this point. No doubt that N.Ky 6A presents some real competition for the state title this year. I still think that Trinity is a notch above all of them but it's close enough that an upset would not be all that surprising. Looking forward to seeing what Ryle does after that tough loss to Highlands b/c they may be the real deal.

Fair statement. The Camels found something that they have not had in five years, and that is a running combination. With Seipel (sic), the Camels will finally utilize the talent they always seem to have.

No excuses, I believe HHS is better top to bottom, but Ryle had injuries that slowed down their running game. HHS completely shut down the passing game of Hempel, but the Raiders will be exposed at the Wideout's this season.
Close one for St. X.