Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sweep D-backs, win 6th straight
Cincinnati wins again tonight over Arizona, 9-5. The Reds seemed to break open what had been somewhat of a close game by scoring 5 runs in the 8th to take a 9-1 lead. However, Arizona came back with 4 of their own in the bottom of the inning, just to make the Reds fans sweat it out a little bit. But in the end they hold on for their second straight series sweep.

The Reds now sit at 3 1/2 games ahead of idle St. Louis right now. After winning the first 3 games of a daunting 9-game West coast trip, Cincy now heads to L.A. for the next three. Go Reds!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is the 5th road series that the reds have swept this year, which is the best in the MLB. It feels good as of now to have a 3 1/2 lead over the central in late Aug. Lets keep it up and take 3 from LA. Big Grin Go Reds!
Jordan Smith has had a rough go of it the past two nights. I think that he will get it sorted out but man to come out there and give up a big two run homer last night (Reds, down four, came back to win), and a three run homer tonight after being called upon to get Bray out of a jam. I hope that the lower middle relief of out bullpen can get that straightened out because we need them to be big in the up coming series(s).
Masset was pretty solid, not give up any runs in the 9th and we did not get to see the walking heart-attack that is Cordero. The Reds are rolling since allowing the sweep to the Cards and at this point I think it could not have turned around in any better fashion. Watching the games on TV, the team seems to be so happy and supportive of each other, offering high fives, smiles, chest bumps, etc. The most important thing that you get to see on the TV is the advice from the veterans as they continue to mentor players like Bruce, Stubbs, Heisey, and Gomes (Votto must have already figure his problems out). I absolutely love the makeup of this team and they have the division title waiting to be grabbed! I can not wait to see the race over these last 40 games.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]