Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipper Jones tears ACL
I'm somewhat heart broken over this loss. Everyone who follows baseball knows that Chipper was the face of the Atlanta Braves and he said before the season began that he would be retiring after this season. Chipper was starting to really hit the ball well and the Braves have a shot at winning the NL east over the Phillies, but with the loss of Chipper's bat - it's a crucial blow to the team. I still think we can win the east with this group, but I don't think we have much of a shot at a world series after this loss.

Hopefully the guys rally behind Chipper and keep the good play going.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5458167"]Chipper Jones has torn ACL, likely needs season-ending surgery - ESPN[/ame]
Real shame if he has to go out like that! What a player Chipper has been. Still in the twilight of his career he is playing well and putting up good numbers.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, defintely a shame for a player who has done things the "right way"!
I hate this for him.
As a braves fan this broke my heart.
Chipper had a successful surgery and announced that he will attempt a comeback with the Braves for spring training.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Chipper had a successful surgery and announced that he will attempt a comeback with the Braves for spring training.
Good News! Chipper is right up there with Dale Murphy and Mark Lemke as my all time favorite Braves players. Id love to see him comeback and play one more year!
He may surprise and make the come back for one more?? Never know, especially with a guy as driven as Chipper Jones!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe he can persuade Mr. Cox to come back for one more year as well.
One of the good guys in baseball I hope he does make it back for another year.
No surprise, Chipper is aging quite a bit.