Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Team Thread
zaga_fan Wrote:Well keep in mind the post was about the best ever.
UCLA has 11 titles, that's the most ever.
There was a point when they were UNSTOPPABLE.

and they were in the finals in 2006 against Florida when Jordan Farmar played for them.
When's the last time UK was in the Finals? and be honest....

Hey but you see ten of those titles were won within 12 years..... Around a decade of absolute dominance of college basketball. But before that... nothing that really established them as a major basketball school. Like I said they should be in the deiscusion with all three of those teams but I put more stock into a long history.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Hey but you see ten of those titles were won within 12 years..... Around a decade of absolute dominance of college basketball. But before that... nothing that really established them as a major basketball school. Like I said they should be in the deiscusion with all three of those teams but I put more stock into a long history.

Hey I know what you're saying.
It's like the Celtics when Bill Russel played for them, unstoppable, but they only had what....3 championships after that?
I made another thread about it since this is the Duke thread lol.
vundy33 Wrote:**** he's ugly.

And Cousins is a GQ model, right?
I'm not going to argue about how good two males look.

All I know is that Scheyer is ugly as dog ****. I'm not going to compare.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm not going to argue about how good two males look.

All I know is that Scheyer is ugly as dog ****. I'm not going to compare.

So you don't want to argue who looks better...but you'll say one man is ugly. Contradiction?
About the new point guard (Kyrie Irving), can he shoot 3-pointers as well as Jon Scheyer could? If not, this might be a problem Duke will have next season. I know Scheyer wasn't the only 3-point shooter on the team, but he made the most 3-pointers on the team. If Kyrie Irving isn't as good at shooting 3-pointers, I would think that would put pressure on the power forwards and centers to score.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:About the new point guard (Kyrie Irving), can he shoot 3-pointers as well as Jon Scheyer could? If not, this might be a problem Duke will have next season. I know Scheyer wasn't the only 3-point shooter on the team, but he made the most 3-pointers on the team. If Kyrie Irving isn't as good at shooting 3-pointers, I would think that would put pressure on the power forwards and centers to score.

Irving can't shoot like Scheyer, but he's a true PG, and that will allow Nolan Smith to flourish. People also have to account for Andre Dawkins who is a year older and Seth Curry, Stephen Curry's little brother, who will shoot the lights out in the building.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I respect Duke in the same style that I respect UNC but for some reason..... the hate flows so much stronger. Not to take anything away from the Dukies, they are a top 5 team in history after this last title and are well deserved for such acclaim. But it would be:
1-UK
2-UNC
3-UCLA
4-KU
5-Duke

(Kansas and Duke are flip-floping in my mind but I give the edge to the birthplace of basketball.)

UCLA has to be number 2.
:flameBig Grinuke:devilflam :biggrin:
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you don't want to argue who looks better...but you'll say one man is ugly. Contradiction?

There ya go, now you get it. :Clap:
LClion4life Wrote:UCLA has to be number 2.

Understand why but as I have explain in the wins vs championships thread I think that the OVERALL picture that UNC has makes for a stronger claim for the number 2.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Understand why but as I have explain in the wins vs championships thread I think that the OVERALL picture that UNC has makes for a stronger claim for the number 2.

But don't they only have 4 championships?
LClion4life Wrote:But don't they only have 4 championships?

Nope UNC has five as of two years ago:
1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009

Sucks, I know!
[SIZE="4"]
I will agree with you Scotty and say that UNC is definitley in the top 3 somewhere of best programs to date.. They have done good within the past few years.. I remember the years that Illinois went all the way to the finals only to get upset by NC. Then in 2009 everyone hated on NC the whole year, the got quiet down the stretch only to show up big in the tourney. They have been pretty consistent until this past season.
Ballers Wrote:I will agree with you Scotty and say that UNC is definitley in the top 3 somewhere of best programs to date.. They have done good within the past few years.. I remember the years that Illinois went all the way to the finals only to get upset by NC. Then in 2009 everyone hated on NC the whole year, the got quiet down the stretch only to show up big in the tourney. They have been pretty consistent until this past season.

I just think it is not such a clear cut favorite for number two as UCLA and that OTHER important things go into it. That provides UNC to show off such a storied and decorated history.
[SIZE="4"]