Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby or Pitino?
WHO DO YOU THINK CONTRIBUTED MOST TO UKs PROGRAM IN THEIR REIGN AS HEAD COACH?

TUBBY SMITH or RICK PITINO
I picked tubby jus on the strength that Rick pitino hasnt prove to be a better coach, it's easy to coach talented NBA stars but look at him now has average talent and is doin jus enough but it not consistent gettin beat by alot of unranked teams.
I like Pitino
Pitino. How many times did he go to the tournament #1, and lose in the second round......0
They are both great coaches and top 5 in college basketball today IMO. Pitino is a better motivator and Tubby is a better bench coach. Pitino is a better offesnive coach, while Tubby is a better defensive coach. Pitino ball was more exciting to watch, but Tubby ball is just as successful. If the game was on the line I would rather have Tubby Smith on the bench
I like Pitino
I voted for Tubby because I like him over Pitino. IF we are talking about all-time greatest coach at UK then it is a no brainer....Anyone ever heard of Adoloph Rupp?
Of the two, Pitino. But I'm pretty certain that a man named Adolph Rupp was the best coach to ever grace UK's campus... I'm still not sure but I think that the Wildcats' arena may be named after him :lol:.
This is tubby or pitino. No one is doubting Adolph rupp.
Question was which contibuted most to UK, Pitino or Tubby? No doubt Rick. He took over a program that was on probation and had lost many D1 player to schools like Cuse and Zona. By they way those KY boys went 14-14 in Ricks 1st season. Those hometown boys even played the mighty Duke to a last second shot from the free throw line. He brought UK back to a national power. Wining a Nation Champ, a National runner up, and let Tubby go for a ride on a National champ team. Don't get me wron though Tubby is good and is now making his mark on the team. But so far Pitino has been a bigger impact for UK.
"Hip-hop Box" Wrote:This is tubby or pitino. No one is doubting Adolph rupp.

There is three options for the vote...Tubby...Pitino...Other. That is why I said Rupp, but I know what you are saying.
Yes that's the only reason I mentioned Rupp also... third option is misleading.
"Showtyme" Wrote:Question was which contibuted most to UK, Pitino or Tubby? No doubt Rick. He took over a program that was on probation and had lost many D1 player to schools like Cuse and Zona. By they way those KY boys went 14-14 in Ricks 1st season. Those hometown boys even played the mighty Duke to a last second shot from the free throw line. He brought UK back to a national power. Wining a Nation Champ, a National runner up, and let Tubby go for a ride on a National champ team. Don't get me wron though Tubby is good and is now making his mark on the team. But so far Pitino has been a bigger impact for UK.

=D> PDT_003
Tubby but thats just based on the fact that Pitino is at Louisville now...........haha........

At least Tubby isnt in it just for the money..........
"Showtyme" Wrote:Question was which contibuted most to UK, Pitino or Tubby? No doubt Rick. He took over a program that was on probation and had lost many D1 player to schools like Cuse and Zona. By they way those KY boys went 14-14 in Ricks 1st season. Those hometown boys even played the mighty Duke to a last second shot from the free throw line. He brought UK back to a national power. Wining a Nation Champ, a National runner up, and let Tubby go for a ride on a National champ team. Don't get me wron though Tubby is good and is now making his mark on the team. But so far Pitino has been a bigger impact for UK.

Couldn't have said it better
CTD is a nut
I also took option three. Going with Rupp.
PITINO! To me, the facts speak for itself. 1) tubby won the national championship with players pitino recruited. 2) a perfect example for this can be the game from this season between U of L and UK. U of L doesnt have near as much talent as UK and only lost to them by one point on a bad call, considering that Patrick Sparks walked twice on the same posession. Im big on college sports in our state, and i love seeing both teams win. BUT if i had a choice between Pitino and tubby...its a no brainer for me.
UK finds formula for SEC dominance
Lexington Herald-Leader
Feb. 1, 2005

Kentucky is making a parody of college basketball's well-documented parity.

Kentucky has won 42 of its last 45 games against Southeastern Conference opponents. Even by UK's stratospheric standards, that's out of this world.

In the last 50 years, no set of Kentucky teams has matched that record. (See chart.) That it's happening in an age of early entry into the NBA, reduced scholarships and increased emphasis on basketball in the league and around the country, is in the words of Florida Coach Billy Donovan, "remarkable, incredible ... amazing."
Without a doubt, the best coach ever at UK was Adolph Rupp. 4 NCAA Tournament Championships, 20 Tournament appearances, and 875 career wins. He set the standard for UK basketball.
UK basketball wouldnt be what they are without Adolph Rupp.
yea...adolf rupp had to be the best coach we've ever had

pitino did the most to help the team, but i'd pick tubby over pitino any day cuz
1. tubby does a great job recruitin new players who are gonna be great by the time theyre senior (crawford, rondo, etc)
2. pitino would pick a guy from outta state over someone from kentucky just cuz...like he turned rondo down, so thats why we have him...which is great
3. nothin against louisville fans, but pitino left uk to go to louisville??? tubby would never do that...
I don't care for Rick but he left for the NBA and then went to the Cards.
If your true BLUE you are true BLUE, you never turn red just for a coach!! Tubby all the way he is UK's coach right now and thats all that matters. Plus Pitino gaurd the inbounds pass every grade school coach knows that.
Tubby Smith. Who's this other guy?
"4leaf" Wrote:Tubby Smith. Who's this other guy?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
man u guys show some respect to pitino, he should of won 3 national champs, if derek anderson wouldnt have been injured against arizona, and yeh that 98 champ was pitinos team, not tubby's... Big Grin
If Pitino would have played Anderson instead of just letting him shot the techincal free throws it would have never gone to OT.

Anderson was practicing and was in NBA tryouts within a week of the championship game. HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE GAME.
absolutely rite, he should of been in the game, and we should have won...but lute olsen is a great man, so i was kinda happy that he won, but jus kinda...lol
TUBBY IS DOING FINE