Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Chris Paul's Trade Wish List
Ballers Wrote:I'll take Chris Paul over Deron Williams... Deron Williams has the numbers he does because of the team he is on.. I guess one could make the same assumption about Paul too tho.

Would being on a better team lower your numberS?
Stardust Wrote:I think it is foolish to think that Paul goes anywhere right now. It would be suicide for a first year GM to give in to a players wishes who still has 2 years on his contract. Paul is in no position for this demand, and there is NO WAY that the GM will give in. Not happening this year, period.

They would have to get a lot back in return, and Chris Paul wouldn't want the trade if the team on the other end was giving too much.

NBA players can be such babies anymore...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Would being on a better team lower your numberS?

Well that depends on what you see as a better team.. If he went to Orlando, I would say his numbers stay the same.. I believe he would be getting more assist with Dwight and Half-man half-amazing than he would be with New Orleans.. Scoring wise maybe a little less because they have ppl that can score. Chris Paul would fit perfect in Orlando IMO.
Stardust Wrote:I think it is foolish to think that Paul goes anywhere right now. It would be suicide for a first year GM to give in to a players wishes who still has 2 years on his contract. Paul is in no position for this demand, and there is NO WAY that the GM will give in. Not happening this year, period.

LOL.. We can only hope that he gets out of New Orleans.. but yeah.. Until he is a free agent all of this is just talk I guess. But then again, if Paul doesn't want to be in New Orleans, he may do more harm than good.. The GM may look at that as a possibility also.
Ballers Wrote:LOL.. We can only hope that he gets out of New Orleans.. but yeah.. Until he is a free agent all of this is just talk I guess. But then again, if Paul doesn't want to be in New Orleans, he may do more harm than good.. The GM may look at that as a possibility also.

If he gets mad and sits out or simply lays down and doesn't play up to his potential his stock is going to go way down. He would just be hurting himself and everyone around him.
It's always in every players best interest to simply play their hardest with the team they are on and worry about other teams when you are a free agent.
I hade it when you have situations like Gilbert Arenas and Stephon Marbury that simply don't want to listen to the people set in place to manage them.
zaga_fan Wrote:If he gets mad and sits out or simply lays down and doesn't play up to his potential his stock is going to go way down. He would just be hurting himself and everyone around him.
It's always in every players best interest to simply play their hardest with the team they are on and worry about other teams when you are a free agent.
I hade it when you have situations like Gilbert Arenas and Stephon Marbury that simply don't want to listen to the people set in place to manage them.

I can agree with all of that..
Makes you wonder why Carmelo wouldn't want to come to NO Hornets, and get another guy to come alone to make the hornets a great team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Makes you wonder why Carmelo wouldn't want to come to NO Hornets, and get another guy to come alone to make the hornets a great team.

Cuz Melo is thug and thugs go to the Knicks lol

SD your right. CP3 Isn't Going Anywhere

NEW ORLEANS -- Chris Paul is staying put with the New Orleans Hornets -- at least for now.

The Hornets' star guard did not request a trade Monday in his meeting with new coach Monty Williams and top team officials, general manager Dell Demps said.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5411166"]New Orleans Hornets say Chris Paul meeting didn't include trade talk - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5411252@@AMEPARAM@@5411252[/ame]
zaga_fan Wrote:Cuz Melo is thug and thugs go to the Knicks lol

lmao, you sure about that? If that's the case they will also be losing Kenyon Martin to NY :biggrin:
Ballers Wrote:lmao, you sure about that? If that's the case they will also be losing Kenyon Martin to NY :biggrin:

Buddy the nuggets will lose their whole team.
Cuz they are all thugs lol
What is the official definition of a thug?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:What is the official definition of a thug?

The English word thug, meaning a violent criminal, comes from the Hindi word thag (and originally from the Sanskrit word sthaga), meaning a thief or villain.Back in the 1500's, there was a god, in which ladies would come to. They would scarfice items to it, and also cut themselfs and the men would come and still there sacrifices and beat the women and they call themselves thugs"The original Thugs were bands of roving criminals in India who strangled and robbed travellers. Originally these gangs committed murder following precise religious rites to honour Kali, the Hindu goddess of destruction.

Thug is a pretty broad term now-a-days. I think your attitude determines it. Like when the Nuggets were getting thumped by the Jazz in the playoffs and Melo says "I can't do it by myself".
zaga_fan Wrote:The English word thug, meaning a violent criminal, comes from the Hindi word thag (and originally from the Sanskrit word sthaga), meaning a thief or villain.Back in the 1500's, there was a god, in which ladies would come to. They would scarfice items to it, and also cut themselfs and the men would come and still there sacrifices and beat the women and they call themselves thugs"The original Thugs were bands of roving criminals in India who strangled and robbed travellers. Originally these gangs committed murder following precise religious rites to honour Kali, the Hindu goddess of destruction.

Thug is a pretty broad term now-a-days. I think your attitude determines it. Like when the Nuggets were getting thumped by the Jazz in the playoffs and Melo says "I can't do it by myself".

Or when Kenyan Martin calls out Mark Cuban, and Mark Cuban calls him a thug... Kenyan Martin decides to go on and call him a bunch of nice names after words on live TV.
Chris Andersen could probably be put in the mix too..
Ballers Wrote:Chris Andersen could probably be put in the mix too..

He definantly has the look lol. Modern day Denis Rodman haha only with a bit less attitude.
Ballers Wrote:Chris Andersen could probably be put in the mix too..

In the mix....
Birdman is the definition of thug lol
zaga_fan Wrote:In the mix....

All I know is he definitley doesn't do anything against NBA's drug policy.
zaga_fan Wrote:I would rather have Deron Williams.
Agreed
zaga_fan Wrote:In the mix....

Don't agree!!!
Aslan Wrote:Agreed

Don't agree!!!

I like Anderson too, Aslan.
However, he's a thug lol
He's making good on his second chance so far...
but he almost blew his chances in the NBA because of drugs and off-court issues once.
zaga_fan Wrote:I like Anderson too, Aslan.
However, he's a thug lol
He's making good on his second chance so far...
but he almost blew his chances in the NBA because of drugs and off-court issues once.

:Thumbs: