Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State 34 Notre Dame 20
congrats OSU and Troy Smith will be a Heisman Candidate next year he solidfied that in this game....and to Notre Dame hell of a season for 1st year man Charlie Weis...hes one of my favorite coaches and expect more from this bunch next year they have a great recruiting class coming in....but other than congrats again and its OSU's 3rd Fiesta Bowl in 4 years! They should rename it the Buckeye Bowl!....lol
As a Michigan fan, I hate the Buckeyes but they really used their speed and big play capable to beat the Irish today. If it hadn't been for 2 blocked FGs adn a turnover in the redzone for the Buckeyes this score could have gotten out of control early and could have been very nasty. Congrats to both teams on a great season. Both should be well reloaded for another run next season.
Way to go OSU... I was hoping Notre Dame would pull out the win
I was hoping that notre dame would come out and win this one
Shew this upset me. lol
I was hoping for Notre Dame to win. But congrats the Buckeyes on the win, and congrats to both teams on a great season.
I was reading recently in a magazine published back before the season began, and they company had Notre Dame ranked #50. Weis, IMO, is the Coach of the Year in college football. With Brown, Jeff S. (I'm not even gonna try to spell his last name), and Brady Quinn, the Fighting Irish proved doubter wrong and shut up every critic with a 9-3 season (should have been 10-2.....USC). If that offensive squad stays for next year, WATCH OUT!!
As for the Buckeyes, excellent mix of run and pass, and how about the maturity of Troy Smith. On their final posession, he had 3rd & 9 and 3rd & 11, and both times scrambled to buy some time, and converted for a 1st down. Eventually, Pittman would score to seal the game for OSU. And with Gonzalez, Ginn, Holmes, Pittman, and Smith all eligible for next year (Ginn and Gonzalez the next 2 seasons), Jim Tressel will have an offense like no other in 2006-2007.
actually Holmes was a Senior this year, so he will probably be in the NFL Draft come April
hate to say it fellers but i told ya sooo
Glad to see OSU play so well.