Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 at Union College
Whose teams went to this today. The Harlan Co. Bears were there....anybody heard how we did?
Boyle Co. went :1:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Whose teams went to this today. The Harlan Co. Bears were there....anybody heard how we did?

They cut the tournament short due to the heat, kid from Clay County got very sick hope he is alright. So many teams was hard to keep up with all of them. Your Bears got in a fight with some team from Virginia or Tenn, I think they won the fight also. The bears looked good what I saw of them, they beat Leslie I know. Bell looked good beating Clay, Clay was impressive also.
cherokee Wrote:They cut the tournament short due to the heat, kid from Clay County got very sick hope he is alright. So many teams was hard to keep up with all of them. Your Bears got in a fight with some team from Virginia or Tenn, I think they won the fight also. The bears looked good what I saw of them, they beat Leslie I know. Bell looked good beating Clay, Clay was impressive also.

Thanks for the info Cherokee!:Thumbs:
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Whose teams went to this today. The Harlan Co. Bears were there....anybody heard how we did?

The Black Bears looked good today DenMother, you'd been pleased. They won 4 and tied one. Everybody ran off I suppose because of the temp, so us and Fairdale went out and played for the "championship" and the Bears won. We were fixing to play the winner between LCC and Cumberland Gap I believe before they delayed the games because of the heat. I guess everybody had enough of the heat and packed up and left.

IT WAS HOT! :devilflam
Who did Bell lose to?
I have no clue.
I heard they lost one. But don't know who beat them. Boyle wasn't sharp early on but seemed to find a groove later in the day. Had a close one against Leslie. All the teams got lots of good reps and needed work and Union put on a good tourny, but man was it freakin' hot.
64black&gold Wrote:Who did Bell lose to?

Letcher County Central is who Bell lost to, I believe.
Bell knocked Letcher out. Fairdale beat Bell in pool play. Also a huge fight in that game. Many fights all day long. Heat was getting to them. The final four was set to be Harlan County, Bell, Boyle and Fairdale. Boyle and Bell left early because they delayed part of the tourney for heat. Fairdale beat Clay in the semis and that is when those kids went down. Harlan County and Fairdale played for the championship. HC won 34-14 in that game. Cumberland Gap and Lynn Camp and Powell Valley VA were still playing the the bottom flight (they did not place high enough in pool play to advance to championship flight). It was a very hot day especially on that turf.
Thanks for the info.
It was very Hot today. I was very pleased with Leslie Co. They have gotten some athletes out this season and the new coaching change really seems to be getting everyone excited. They played well today. 2-1 in pool play, and were on the 15 going in against Boyle's Varsity with the score tied and a minute or so left, and the Dawson kid just made a very good play on a ball and got a pick. One of the few mistakes Leslie's QB seemed to make all day.

In tournament play, just ran out of gas with the heat and the lack of conditioning against Harlan Co. But I was really proud of the team, and hope this is a sign of things to come..
How did Knox do?
I thought Leslie did well. As for Knox, I thought that was the best team that Boyle played yesterday but they didn't play some of the other top schools either. I thought Knox looked pretty good though.

For Boyle's first game none of the officials had a coin to toss so they did heads and tails with a dip can......ah Barbourville !!
Knox Central was in a pool with Harlan Co, Rowan Co, and Powell Valley,Va.. Knox lost their game against Harlan Co, beat Rowan Co, and beat Powell Valley. From my understanding in the winner's bracket they went down against Boyle Co in their first game. Final four was set to be Boyle vs. Harlan Co and Bell vs. Lou. Fairdale. Boyle and Bell both dropped out leaving Harlan Co and Lou. Fairdale in the championship of the tourney. As stated before, final score was Harlan Co 34 Lou Fairdale 14. Harlan Co didn't lose a game, beating Knox Central, Powell Valley (Va), Leslie Co, Lou. Fairdale, and tied with Rowan Co (Rowan hit a late bomb to make it 31-31)
dontfeedthebears Wrote:Knox Central was in a pool with Harlan Co, Rowan Co, and Powell Valley,Va.. Knox lost their game against Harlan Co, beat Rowan Co, and beat Powell Valley. From my understanding in the winner's bracket they went down against Boyle Co in their first game. Final four was set to be Boyle vs. Harlan Co and Bell vs. Lou. Fairdale. Boyle and Bell both dropped out leaving Harlan Co and Lou. Fairdale in the championship of the tourney. As stated before, final score was Harlan Co 34 Lou Fairdale 14. Harlan Co didn't lose a game, beating Knox Central, Powell Valley (Va), Leslie Co, Lou. Fairdale, and tied with Rowan Co (Rowan hit a late bomb to make it 31-31)

Rowan County looked pretty good yesterday as well. They beat Powell Valley VA. They tied Harlon County on a last second bomb from Wing to Cross. They lost to Knox Central by one score on a cheap call by the ref and the end. Rowan and Knox had a fight break out as usually. Those two schools just don't like each other. I thought the best schools there were Boyle, Bell, Harlon Co, Rowan, Knox Central, Letcher Central. Thats NOT in any order of best to worst. Because they all did not get to play each other.
What was the cheap call?
64black&gold Wrote:I thought Leslie did well. As for Knox, I thought that was the best team that Boyle played yesterday but they didn't play some of the other top schools either. I thought Knox looked pretty good though.

For Boyle's first game none of the officials had a coin to toss so they did heads and tails with a dip can......ah Barbourville !!

Thats bush league if i ever heard it. Btw what kinda dip was it? lol:thatsfunn:lmao:
I wasn't there but heared that Canady from KC had to be taken to the hospital because of major cramps dehydration. This happened during or just before they played Boyle. His dad told me they give him four IV bags. A very HOT day. My son told me by the time they started playing Boyle, they where ZAPPED.
PREACHER MAN Wrote:What was the cheap call?

Dont know for sure but i heard one of Boyle's coaches talking about it. Knox Central player was stopped at the one by the tag and his moment carried him into the end zone the refs let it go. Not a big deal state titles are not won in July.
Way to go Black Bears! I know it is only a seven on seven, but good to hear the Bears progressing in this area of passing and defending the pass. I know Jordy Brewer has worked hard and made huge improvements in his QB skills. The young Jenkins QB shows potential as well and with some experience at this level, he too will provide a passing threat. Cant wait. The Bears must continue to work hard and I know they will. One day we will wake up and it will be GAME DAY!!!! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!