Poll: Who Will Win the NBA Rookie of the Year Award?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
John Wall
47.83%
Derek Favors
0%
Wesley Johnson
4.35%
DeMarcus Cousins
34.78%
Someone Not Listed
13.04%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be Rookie of the Year in the NBA?
Watching these summer league games have got me wondering, who do you think will end up winning the Rookie of the Year award this year in the NBA? As much as I like John Wall, I'm going to say Boogie Cousins ends up winning it. What do you guys think?
Blake Griffin
Yeah probably Blake Griffin. Rules state anyone who misses the first complete 82 season can compete for ROY the following season. I already looked it up.
Hmm, I don't like the recent history of the #1 picks and injuries associated with them. Wall may only play 25 games this season.
BCF4L Wrote:Watching these summer league games have got me wondering, who do you think will end up winning the Rookie of the Year award this year in the NBA? As much as I like John Wall, I'm going to say Boogie Cousins ends up winning it. What do you guys think?

Me too. :Thumbs:
Griffin. If Griffin actually played last year then I would of said Wall or Boogie.
Aslan Wrote:Griffin. If Griffin actually played last year then I would of said Wall or Boogie.

Griffin is seemingly accident prone and probably will not complete the season once again. Greg Oden type player.

Its hard to tell with just summer league. Cant wait to see these guys play with the pros.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Griffin is seemingly accident prone and probably will not complete the season once again. Greg Oden type player.

Its hard to tell with just summer league. Cant wait to see these guys play with the pros.

That might be true but I hope not. He has great talent and it would be a shame if he never gets a chance to display it at the highest level.
Aslan Wrote:That might be true but I hope not. He has great talent and it would be a shame if he never gets a chance to display it at the highest level.

He was an amazing college athlete. Hope he gets to display his talent.
John Wall
Stardust Wrote:Hmm, I don't like the recent history of the #1 picks and injuries associated with them. Wall may only play 25 games this season.

Yes sir... And throw in the EA Sports video game curse as well. As John Wall is expected to be on the cover of next years NCAA Basketball 11..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Yes sir... And throw in the EA Sports video game curse as well. As John Wall is expected to be on the cover of next years NCAA Basketball 11..

Last I heard, there was no college basketball game being made this year.
Reanimate Wrote:Last I heard, there was no college basketball game being made this year.

Yep.
I would really like to see Blake Griffin vs DeMarcus Cousins.

By the way, I think DeMarcus Cousins will be rookie of the year.
Reanimate Wrote:Last I heard, there was no college basketball game being made this year.

Nope and it is a real shame! I would same after an outcry from a year off, some developer will pick it back up.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would say cousins or griffin
Cousins by far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Cousins by far.

:Thumbs: With the tradition of the 1st round draft picks, and knowing how players that usually get injured during their first year don't do much.. I am gonna go with Cousins or Wall.. But I will say Cousins.

Wow really.. I didn't know that. That's stupid.. Why?
i cant wait to see how Al Farouq Aminu , Pattrick Patterson and bledsoe do this year i would like to see p pat get rookie of the year of cousins cause if u ask me cousins has a bad attitude which will get him in trouble. Wall on the other hand i dont see him playin moe then 25 games. but i would like to see patterson get it i mean he is a really good player for a pf ...
DukeFan4life Wrote:i cant wait to see how Al Farouq Aminu , Pattrick Patterson and bledsoe do this year i would like to see p pat get rookie of the year of cousins cause if u ask me cousins has a bad attitude which will get him in trouble. Wall on the other hand i dont see him playin moe then 25 games. but i would like to see patterson get it i mean he is a really good player for a pf ...

I'll agree to all of the above.
Lets all go ahead and do the "John Wall", he'll be our ROY.
With the momentum Wall has going into this season I'd say it is going to be hard to beat him out for it. The media has been portraying him as the next BIG thing in the NBA and I'd say if he can just produce which shouldn't be a problem it will be very difficult for the voters to not give it to him. It is about legacies with awards like this, and people are looking for Wall to leave a big legacy. How many people felt Melo deserved ROY over Lebron?

That being said I fully expect Boogie to have a BIG season and hopefully be there for the ROY at the end of the year. With the Kings picking up Carl Landry I expect them to be a real player in the West and hopefully Big Cuz will lead them to a nice little playoff run. I really don't care which one of them wins ROY, just as long as Pat, Cuz, and Wall are the three frontrunners for it, that's not greedy is it?
I don't know why everyone thinks John Wall is going to get hurt just because other #1 picks have...

I'm picking Wall to be the Rookie of the the Year.
vundy33 Wrote:I don't know why everyone thinks John Wall is going to get hurt just because other #1 picks have...

I'm picking Wall to be the Rookie of the the Year.

If your referring to my post, I was talking about Griffin, not Wall.
I'm going with John Wall in this one. He's got too much talent to go with anyone else.
Cousins has a big chance in Sacramento. They only non-rookie center they have is Samuel Dalembert and they don't have a lot of talent in general. If he asserted himself he could get almost 20 a game.

*Sleeper* Watch out for the OTHER center the Kings drafted out of Marshall. Hassan Whiteside. Very versatile 7-footer for the Herd and actually passed up UK to play there. Recording Marshall's first ever triple double(he had 3 last year) and lead the NCAA in blocked shots.
Being a Kings fan, I am drooling over a possible Tyreke Evans drive and dish to Cousins with a kick-out option is Omri Cassipi! WOW! Give Sacramento 2 years, they will be playoff contenders.

Could have a line-up of:
Dalambert/Cousins/Whiteside
Carl Landry
Omri Cassipi
Tyreke Evans
????
lwc Wrote:Being a Kings fan, I am drooling over a possible Tyreke Evans drive and dish to Cousins with a kick-out option is Omri Cassipi! WOW! Give Sacramento 2 years, they will be playoff contenders.

Could have a line-up of:
Dalambert/Cousins/Whiteside
Carl Landry
Omri Cassipi
Tyreke Evans
????

They have plenty of talent, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get there this year. They are a lot like OKC. You are right, within a few years this team could really go places.. The addition of Cousins will keep their future bright for now.
Ballers Wrote:If your referring to my post, I was talking about Griffin, not Wall.

Negative. I was talking about the post you quoted that said "Wall on the other hand i dont see him playin moe then 25 games" and the others like it.
Looks like John Wall has over-thrown Cousins in the poll. Wesley Johnson, I don't think he should be in the talk for rookie of the year. I am a Syracuse fan but he's no Rookie of the Year. Sorry Overrated.