Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paige Lowe to Betsy Layne
According to some students, Paige Lowe is going to Betsy Layne. Anyone know this for sure?
yeah I go to pike central and paige sighned out 2day she told me personally she was going to play for betsy layne

kayla jonson also signed out 2day she is going to phelps
Thanks gurl. Any more information, please let us know.
Best of luck to her. Why she would want to go to Betsy Layne, I have no idea, but good luck.
Good Luck to her.
Good luck to Paige, will really help the BL program.
I knew this way before this thread was posted...I just didn't tell anyone...
Wow!
That makes 4 high school players they have lost since the start of the season.
2 were last season starters.
Good Luck Girls. Hope things work out for you.
About time. I can't believe she sat the bench as long as she did.
Is she playing for BL right now?
Betsy Layne has only won around 1 game this year.. so maybe she can help them out some.. does anybody know when she gets to start playing?
Yeah really because me and my team play BL sometime really soon!
Does she get to play for BL this year? even after she has played for PCC
Is there not a one year waiting rule?
or that just some rumor I've heard?
She changed adresses, so she can play.
If she moves there she CAN play
Yea she changed adresses, I think she is starting school there tomorrow.
"Basketballer" Wrote:If she moves there she CAN play

WRONG!

No offense--but a bonafide change of address doesn't guarantee eligibility. Especially if the KHSAA gets the impression that she is moving for "athletic" purposes. (SEE HIGHLANDS HIGH SCHOOL/MICHAEL MITCHELL).

Read the bylaws. The wording is something along the lines of "the one year eligibility period CAN be waived if the student athlete is deemed to have a bonafide change of address . . . . "

I don't know the young ladies personal situation, and frankly, it is none of my business. But the reality of the situation is--she won't play. And if she moved strictly for athletic reasons (which is what the current evidence looks like), she isn't going to see the court for the rest of the year.

At the very least--don't expect her immediately. There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be filed before she can get close to the court.
Yep, just because she moved doesn't mean she gets to play. Take Franci Chaffins who moved from KCC to AC for example. She was ruled ineligible.

Lowe won't be playing tomorrow or anything. It will probably take 3+ weeks if she is even ruled eligible. It took me about a month before I was eligible to play.
yeah she wont be playing for the rest of the year dont expect it...
Excuse me but i think Paige Lowe moved to get away from the PCC considering the coaches treated her wrong. And frankly i don't blame her as for her playing ball she isn't playing this year at all not at PCC and not at BL either. But i want to wish her all the best.
:Geek:
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:WRONG!

No offense--but a bonafide change of address doesn't guarantee eligibility. Especially if the KHSAA gets the impression that she is moving for "athletic" purposes. (SEE HIGHLANDS HIGH SCHOOL/MICHAEL MITCHELL).

Read the bylaws. The wording is something along the lines of "the one year eligibility period CAN be waived if the student athlete is deemed to have a bonafide change of address . . . . "

I don't know the young ladies personal situation, and frankly, it is none of my business. But the reality of the situation is--she won't play. And if she moved strictly for athletic reasons (which is what the current evidence looks like), she isn't going to see the court for the rest of the year.

At the very least--don't expect her immediately. There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be filed before she can get close to the court.
How did the coaches treat her wrong she walked out on them...She was wrong for letting emotions get the best of her...As an athelte you know it is going to be tough and you know their is going to arguments does not give you any right to walk out on the people who depend on you the most i dont care who you are...
I don't see her getting to play right away either... she will help BL when and if she gets to play though..
IMO i think that it is crazy to change your address just to play basketball. If you love the sport enough then you would play reguardless. But anyways GL to her n Besty Layne.