Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Season
Stand outs for next year????
Ariana Collins for the Letcher Central Lady Cougars. Her goals as a freshman and sophomore is incredible. She still has two years left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think Caleb Petry will do good and Arianna Collins will also do good.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA caleb petry only does good cuz they only play scrub teams like middlesborough, buckhorn, and jackson city lol, but thanks for the laugh tho that was great, i mean if u dont believe me look at pburgs schedule from the last few seasons....weak
Actually we have never played middlesboro or buckhorn... lol, so go take a look at our schedule.
This thread is about stand out players . I still think Arianna Collins and Caleb Petry are the stand out players in this region.
any word on new players coming to any schools?
Don't think that we got any new ones, but we have a great AAU program, a great feeder program, and great coaches which really helps us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
So who are the standout teams coming into the new season?
There are 2 really good standouts for the Letcher Central Boys this year and they are Stephen Sturgill and Dakota Hall, also Chase Lewis is doing a great job.
Letcher County Central Boys are a big standout this year because they went to region last year and they have only lost 3 players. They played a scrimmage with Hazard yesterday and won 10-0 by mercy rule.
wow, sounds like a pounding.
so, after the soccer rama what do people think about shelby valley?
beating pikeville for like the 1st time in 3 or 4 years(1-0) then defeating prestonsburg for the 1st time in a while(1-0). Then also winning against jackson city(3-0).
This was the first time alot of those kids who played have ever played with eachother an one who has never played soccer before. I think they did very well though losing(1-0) to paintsville in thier 1st game. I cant wait to seee what they become later on this year, i see a great team coming up.
Sounds like the Region is going to be tough this year. As far as standouts I think the two that were mentioned before are false!!! Caleb and Arianna have the same skill... It's called My parent is the coach. "Don't anybody else score and If you I'm going to put it down that they scored!" Padded Stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
37cougar Wrote:Sounds like the Region is going to be tough this year. As far as standouts I think the two that were mentioned before are false!!! Caleb and Arianna have the same skill... It's called My parent is the coach. "Don't anybody else score and If you I'm going to put it down that they scored!" Padded Stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any substance to this or is this just another whiny parent.
Well i saw caleb in the jc game at the soccerama and he scored right off the kickoff by just simply dribbling through everybody so he appears to have goten better. And honestly who else on pburg is going score???
I think Trevor Tackett and Michael Bartley will do really well this year, an Johnathon Pickett will do good also. All from shelby Valley.
Well i saw Caleb at the soccerama too, against valley an he didnt seem to get a shot to scroe the whole game, valley will have a solid defense this year an they have amazing kickers. Also i think Johnson central has a very nice team from what i saw from them.
SVBSoccer Wrote:I think Trevor Tackett and Michael Bartley will do really well this year, an Johnathon Pickett will do good also. All from shelby Valley.

Are these players seniors . If so to bad .The 16th region has reputation of not supporting soccer at these schools .
yes sadly, all 3 are seniors.
Valley is a good team. However they're beatable. They only beat Prestonsburg by a penalty shot.?

Overall though, this should be an interesting season with many tossups.
oh yes, all teams are beatable, but just saying this will probaly be one of the best or the best team valley has ever had.
Valley has a great team but Letcher Central has their best team in their soccer history this year. They were great last year and they only lost 2 seniors and 1 exchange student, and the spots are filled easily with plenty of subs.
Went and watched Prestonsburg and Pikeville play tonight, Prestonsburg won!!!

There are 3 outstanding player for pburg. (Caleb Petry, Charlie Joseph, and Zach Romans) and 2 decent ones (Spencer Newsome and Logan Hunt)

I have a feelin' pburg is gonna be good this year!
valley beat pcc 8-0 tonight, michael bartley scored 4 goals in around 5 minutes. trevor tackett socred 3 goals and trent tackett scored a goal.
and valley girls won 6-2. emily smallwood scored 2 goals, rachael smith scored 2 goals, alix bentley scored a goal and mackayla potter scored a goal.
Valley Boys and Girls are looking great!!!! Hope we can continue to play like we are!!!! We play Johnson Central Thursday!!