Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cliff Lee To The Cincinnati Reds?
i saw on the news tonight that the Reds have contacted the Seattle Mariners about Acquiring Cliff Lee Mary Jo Perno or however you spell her last name also said that the Reds would have to get rid of some of there Prospects in order to get Lee, she also said that the Reds biggest Challenge was the Minnesota Twins
Yeah I think we are in the running for Cliff Lee...

I am hoping we make the deal...Jocketty has made some major moves in the past and this would be no exception.

However I just hope we don't give up the whole Minor system just to land him for 2 months.
DUDE!!! This is a perfect time to do some rotation shifting. In some way I think that the Reds could deal Harang (low value), Arroyo (medium value), and highly touted minor leaguer (medium value) for a pitcher that is proven and will sure up that front in the Reds rotation. Not only does that let Harang out of the picture (with his age starting to come into question), it still allows for a power arm to be in the front spot for the oncoming months and next year in place of Arroyo. This also allows for the potential pitching situation to consist of Edison Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Mike Leake, Travis Wood, Aroldis Chapman, Homer Bailey and (if and only if) Cliff Lee!!! That is a monster pitching situation to work through for the Reds.

I guess the run down would be
1) Cliff Lee
2) Johnny Cueto
3) Mike Leake
4) Edison Volquez
5) Travis Wood/Homer Bailey/ Aroldis Chapman

I do not know if this will happen but I LOVE the Reds being proactive to make a BIG TIME run for the playoffs!!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harang I can see him being traded...

I think Bronson should stick around...he's still been pitching very well this season.
J-Rod Wrote:Yeah I think we are in the running for Cliff Lee...

I am hoping we make the deal...Jocketty has made some major moves in the past and this would be no exception.

However I just hope we don't give up the whole Minor system just to land him for 2 months.

Mary Jo said the names of the players that they would have to give up but i couldn't remember them all, just remember that they are alot of prospects.
ill try and find a the story and link

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:DUDE!!! This is a perfect time to do some rotation shifting. In some way I think that the Reds could deal Harang (low value), Arroyo (medium value), and highly touted minor leaguer (medium value) for a pitcher that is proven and will sure up that front in the Reds rotation. Not only does that let Harang out of the picture (with his age starting to come into question), it still allows for a power arm to be in the front spot for the oncoming months and next year in place of Arroyo. This also allows for the potential pitching situation to consist of Edison Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Mike Leake, Travis Wood, Aroldis Chapman, Homer Bailey and (if and only if) Cliff Lee!!! That is a monster pitching situation to work through for the Reds.

I guess the run down would be
1) Cliff Lee
2) Johnny Cueto
3) Mike Leake
4) Edison Volquez
5) Travis Wood/Homer Bailey/ Aroldis Chapman

I do not know if this will happen but I LOVE the Reds being proactive to make a BIG TIME run for the playoffs!!!

that would be a huge deal if the Reds can pull it off and could make the Red Legs The Contender for the Central
J-Rod Wrote:Harang I can see him being traded...

I think Bronson should stick around...he's still been pitching very well this season.

i agree with the Harang Getting Dealt, but Bronson needs to go also as well as Homer Baley and Cordero with maybe a couple others
Yonder Alonso would be the main piece for the Red's to give up if they want Cliff Lee...

I wouldn't feel bad at all since Votto is blocking Alonso at 1st base.
Not an Reds fan but Lee used to be part of the Tribe Smile
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enqirer says the Reds have talked to the Seattle Mariners about left-hander Cliff Lee.

“I will say this: We’re looking at anyway we can to improve the club,” GM Walt Jocketty said. “To improve the club, it would have to be a pretty significant player to do that. We have a lot of good things going. We don’t want to disrupt that.”

Seattle supposedly has been asking for a young productive hitter that is close to being major-league ready, and Fay suggests the Reds’ Yonder Alonso could fit that description.

Fay adds that it will likely take more than Alonso to get Lee, and he expects the Reds’ interest in Lee to change depending on how Edinson Volquez returns from Tommy John surgery.

http://blog.prorumors.com/2010/07/rumors...+Rumors%29
J-Rod Wrote:Harang I can see him being traded...

That is exactly why I think he may be trade bait. I love Bronson and I love his style of pitching but I think that his good year makes him a very big name to tack on for a trade. Either way the Reds, need to have an older arm to mentor the youthful guys.

Aslan Wrote:Not an Reds fan but Lee used to be part of the Tribe Smile

I know it man!! Would that allow for you to root for the Redlegs???
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is exactly why I think he may be trade bait. I love Bronson and I love his style of pitching but I think that his good year makes him a very big name to tack on for a trade. Either way the Reds, need to have an older arm to mentor the youthful guys.

I know it man!! Would that allow for you to root for the Redlegs???

I root for any former Indian player unless they become an Yankee...C.C...Grr!
Aslan Wrote:I root for any former Indian player unless they become an Yankee...C.C...Grr!

I will gladly welcome that!!! Come on Jockety make it happen!!!
[SIZE="4"]
You know for years people kept crapping on our pitching...

Now look at us...we have so much depth of great pitching.

I love it!
J-Rod Wrote:You know for years people kept crapping on our pitching...

Now look at us...we have so much depth of great pitching.

I love it!

:Thumbs::Thumbs:. I agree. I would love for us to get Lee! I hope Jock makes it happen!
Latest I've been hearing is that the M's like Juan Fransisco better than Yonder Alonso...

Which I think is even better...Fransisco has been mashing the ball in Triple A Louisville...but with Scott Rolen playing like he's 25 instead of 35 he might be here a couple years.

Fransisco/Maloney/Doule A Prospect would be wonderful if they'd take it.
I still hope that Harang gets the move to Seattle. Making the room on the pitching roster is a big deal so I would say that he would be part of the puzzle with maybe Francisco and Maloney.
[SIZE="4"]
Harang being included in that deal is very doubtful...

The M's want to get MLB ready prospects and youth.
I hate that. If Lee was to come, I think that it would be an interesting pitching situation with all of the guys like Volquez and Bailey coming back.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I hate that. If Lee was to come, I think that it would be an interesting pitching situation with all of the guys like Volquez and Bailey coming back.

I am not holding my breath that Bailey will ever be a very productive pitcher. IMO, his head is done.
Stardust Wrote:I am not holding my breath that Bailey will ever be a very productive pitcher. IMO, his head is done.

May be might. But I think that will all of the time and patience that the Reds organization has show with him, I think he will get his couple of chances to get it right. At one point this year he was having solid start after solid start.
[SIZE="4"]
Multiple sources are saying they believe the Texas Rangers are the favorites to land Lee now...

I don't know...I see this dragging on for awhile.
J-Rod Wrote:Multiple sources are saying they believe the Texas Rangers are the favorites to land Lee now...

I don't know...I see this dragging on for awhile.

I hope that this is subject to change. I really hope that the Reds are about to get a stud arm or stud bat to sure up the pitching lineup and the struggling hitting right now. I dont think that the hitting is too much of a concern but there places that would need a more potent bat.
[SIZE="4"]
After I read that I seen that the Red's & M's have yet to have "serious talks" yet...

But the intentions are there that they are going to talk seriously.
Now it appears that the Yankees are in the drivers seat for Lee.

If I were the Reds, I would unload both Alonso and Francisco to acquire Lee. With the Reds losing around 33 Million dollars of salary next year with Harang, Arroyo, and Hernandez, there is no reason why the Reds couldn't get Lee and sign him to a long term deal.

Even if you lose Harang and Arroyo, you would still have Lee as your 1, Volquez as your 2, Cueto as your 3, and Bailey, Leake, Owings, Chapman, Maloney, and Travis Wood to battle it out for your 4th and 5th starters. That's a solid rotation right there. Plus, it's not like Alonso or Francisco will be called up any time soon with Rolen and Votto blocking them.
BCF4L Wrote:Now it appears that the Yankees are in the drivers seat for Lee.

If I were the Reds, I would unload both Alonso and Francisco to acquire Lee. With the Reds losing around 33 Million dollars of salary next year with Harang, Arroyo, and Hernandez, there is no reason why the Reds couldn't get Lee and sign him to a long term deal.

Even if you lose Harang and Arroyo, you would still have Lee as your 1, Volquez as your 2, Cueto as your 3, and Bailey, Leake, Owings, Chapman, Maloney, and Travis Wood to battle it out for your 4th and 5th starters. That's a solid rotation right there. Plus, it's not like Alonso or Francisco will be called up any time soon with Rolen and Votto blocking them.

Most all the major sources agree.
The M's backed off!!!!!

The M's were concerned one of the pieces the Yankees offered was currently injured...

The Rangers & Reds are in the driver's seat now.
Strikeout King Wrote:i agree with the Harang Getting Dealt, but Bronson needs to go also as well as Homer Baley and Cordero with maybe a couple others

Why? He has been one of the most consistent performers on the roster this year and the last few years. Do you even watch the Reds?
J-Rod Wrote:The M's backed off!!!!!

The M's were concerned one of the pieces the Yankees offered was currently injured...

The Rangers & Reds are in the driver's seat now.

Im so sick of the Yankees putting their noses into every situation that would require a nice piece of money. I am pretty happy that the Ms back off and now the two teams that have been in the talks to longest can work things out.
[SIZE="4"]