Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesnar Submits Carwin at UFC 116
Amazing fight and great sportsmanship afterward. Brock got pounded on but took it like a man and came back from it.
I already see people on other sites complaining that the fight should have been stopped. I thought Brock defended himself good the entire time. I see numerous people saying Carwin was landing big shot after big shot, but Brock was only bleeding a little when he got up. Carwin will have to take a different approach if they rematch because the new Lesnar isn't going to be as aggressive. Lesnar pulled the ole Rocky and let Carwin wear himself out and then took advantage.
I thought the fight shoulda been stoped...Congrats Brock!
Well, I was HOPING that the fight would have been stopped, lol, but I gotta give it to Brock, he took a beating that first round, and came back out that second round and pulled out a gutsy win..all in all, I have to say that this was the best pay per view that I have ever bought. Every fight was good IMO..UFC knocked this one out of the park..and I think we'll see a Lesnar/Carwin rematch..this has the makings of an awesome rivalry..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brock Lesnar just proved that he is the baddest S.O.B on the planet...

Cain Velesquez is now the #1 contender.
As long as a fighter can physically defend himself then the fight should be continued. I see alot of fights now stopped way to early. The ref let it go as well he should have. Lesnar was hurt but if you watch when he came out in the second he was smiling, kinda like "I aint out yet, lets go".
how did he sumit him?
He made him tap with a triangle arm choke.

Here's a quick recap with one of my favorite quotesSadI got it from Yahoo sports)

The interim Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion rocked champion Brock Lesnar with a crushing left hook early in the first round of their title unification bout and spent the rest of the round pounding on him relentlessly.
Lesnar was pummeled like never before, but he managed to survive the round, and Carwin wasn’t able to do the same in the second. Lesnar took Carwin down early in the second, gained great position and slapped an arm triangle choke on Carwin. Carwin (12-1) was never able to move Lesnar and he was forced to tap at 2:19.
“I stand before you a humble champion and I’m still the toughest S.O.B. around, baby,” Lesnar said.
Lesnar (5-1) was taking huge shots on the ground, but he said he knew Carwin was tiring and that if he could hang in there, he would be all right.
“I knew he was getting tired,” Lesnar said. “Each shot was less dramatic than the other.”
most people do not like Brock because:

1. He is an ***-hole, which he came to UFC with that intent. He knew he had to be different and remove himself from the persona that he had just came from.

2. He came fro WWE and everyone dissed on how it is fake, thus, Brock will be a fake.

He proved both reasons wrong last night. He really is a quality person, that is REALLY high strung. Don't you have to be to be the best in the world? Are not the greatest at any sport a little too much into themself and could care less what others think. Add in a little theatrics and you get Brock. His self intensity plus the ability to "work" the crowd and get interest in himself. I pro wrestling, you want to be the heel, he is the one who makes all the money. So for Brock, it was natural to come in and be rude, bragging, and disrespectful. I believe last night, he proved he can be respectful.

People forget how great and athlete he was prior to becoming a professional wrestler. This guy was a beast in the amateur ranks. He had more forfeit victories and any wrestler in college wrestling history. He destroyed athletes. People want to diss him because he went straight to WWE instead of Pride or UFC. That's ignorant for thinking that. Are we not all about Money? This guy has banked MILLIONS of dollars away from going to WWE. He made more money in the WWE than he will ever make in UFC as their #1 dog. He did the right thing to establish his name and set himself up financially. Took a big risk that his body would not be able to get into MMA later, but he has proven everyone wrong.

It goes to my argument that people want to say Professional Wrestling is fake. My professional wrestler, just kicked you legitimate bad-man's arse!:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:most people do not like Brock because:

1. He is an ***-hole, which he came to UFC with that intent. He knew he had to be different and remove himself from the persona that he had just came from.

2. He came fro WWE and everyone dissed on how it is fake, thus, Brock will be a fake.

It goes to my argument that people want to say Professional Wrestling is fake. My professional wrestler, just kicked you legitimate bad-man's arse!:biggrin:

The last 2 sentences are the greatest sentences ever posted.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:The last 2 sentences are the greatest sentences ever posted.

:notworthy lol
Stardust Wrote:most people do not like Brock because:

He proved both reasons wrong last night. He really is a quality person, that is REALLY high strung. Don't you have to be to be the best in the world? Are not the greatest at any sport a little too much into themself and could care less what others think. Add in a little theatrics and you get Brock. His self intensity plus the ability to "work" the crowd and get interest in himself. I pro wrestling, you want to be the heel, he is the one who makes all the money. So for Brock, it was natural to come in and be rude, bragging, and disrespectful. I believe last night, he proved he can be respectful.

People forget how great and athlete he was prior to becoming a professional wrestler. This guy was a beast in the amateur ranks. He had more forfeit victories and any wrestler in college wrestling history. He destroyed athletes. People want to diss him because he went straight to WWE instead of Pride or UFC. That's ignorant for thinking that. Are we not all about Money? This guy has banked MILLIONS of dollars away from going to WWE. He made more money in the WWE than he will ever make in UFC as their #1 dog. He did the right thing to establish his name and set himself up financially. Took a big risk that his body would not be able to get into MMA later, but he has proven everyone wrong.

Yeah people seem to forget that Brock was actually a national champion in wrestling during his college days....He is one bad man!
The fight kinda reminded me of Brocks first fight with Frank Mir, went in there and beat the **** out of his opponent and still lost. Carwin beat the **** outta Brock but still lost but as everyone has said Im giving Brock all the credit in the world taking those shots and staying in it and winning the fight. I'll say there will be a rematch soon but if not Lesnar and Valquez wouldnt be a bad one but Congrats Brock! You are one bad SOB and proved it last night.
MVP2 Wrote:The fight kinda reminded me of Brocks first fight with Frank Mir, went in there and beat the **** out of his opponent and still lost. Carwin beat the **** outta Brock but still lost but as everyone has said Im giving Brock all the credit in the world taking those shots and staying in it and winning the fight. I'll say there will be a rematch soon but if not Lesnar and Valquez wouldnt be a bad one but Congrats Brock! You are one bad SOB and proved it last night.

Pretty good analogy.

Rematch is a definite
MVP2 Wrote:Carwin beat the **** outta Brock but still lost .
He landed one knee and one uppercut that hurt Lesnar. Lesnar then stumbled and went to the ground and put up his defense. Carwin then went to punching Lesnar's arms for the next 2 mins. He may have landed a couple of shots while trying to ground and pound but they weren't clean shots because they were glancing off Lesnar's arms.

Carwin came out looking good. He took it right at Lesnar but he emptied his bag and didnt have anything left. I look forward to the rematch.
I hope Carwin kicks his a$$ and wins next time. Lesnar is a jerk:redboxer:.
Westside Wrote:I hope Carwin kicks his a$$ and wins next time. Lesnar is a jerk:redboxer:.
Won't happen. Lesnar will not make the same mistakes next time and rush in exposing himself to a knee. Next time it won't make it out of the first round, as Lesnar will win again.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Won't happen. Lesnar will not make the same mistakes next time and rush in exposing himself to a knee. Next time it won't make it out of the first round, as Lesnar will win again.

I agree with you. Lesnar is so in-expereinced at this game, yet such a good learner. Each fight has presented something new and different, and he has been able to take each of those learnings and build on it. You also have to give it to the man-beast, he took a beating and figured out a way to survive.

It was so telling when he went back to his corner and they asked him if he was OK. He said that everytime Shane hit him, Shane had less and less on each punch. Brock knew he had to get the fight back to the feet and he let Shane wear himself out. Pretty smart and pretty gutsy. This is Heavyweight, where one punch puts your lights out. He was ring savvy enough to build a plan as he got his face shredded.
I don't see anyone that can do anything with this guy in UFC. Brock is too **** big, too powerful, and as time goes on will learn everything he needs to know to be the absolute best on the ground.. As for his stand up game, you definitley do not want to get hit by that guy.. He's the size of a 4 door truck.
Ballers Wrote:I don't see anyone that can do anything with this guy in UFC. Brock is too **** big, too powerful, and as time goes on will learn everything he needs to know to be the absolute best on the ground.. As for his stand up game, you definitley do not want to get hit by that guy.. He's the size of a 4 door truck.

Carwin was actually as big, if not bigger. They both weighed the same and Shane wore a 5X glove to Brock's 4X.
Stardust Wrote:Carwin was actually as big, if not bigger. They both weighed the same and Shane wore a 5X glove to Brock's 4X.

Come on now Dusty, Carwin may weigh the same, but if you put the two side by side, you have to agree Brock is bigger, but face to face they look about the same size.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Come on now Dusty, Carwin may weigh the same, but if you put the two side by side, you have to agree Brock is bigger, but face to face they look about the same size.

Carwin has a thicker lower half. I honestly do not know if that gives him an advantage in the Heavyweight ranks or not. Don't get me wrong, I am a Brock fan and I was extremely impressed with how he took a BEATING. I certainly questioned whether he could take a punch or not. he proved to me that he could from a BIG man!