Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks
The New York Knicks finally got a return on their two years of self-induced misery on Monday, finishing up the final touches on a five-year contract for Phoenix Suns free agent forward Amar'e Stoudemire that is expected to be worth around $100 million. A source indicates a formal announcement from Stoudemire should be forthcoming within the hour at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/05/stoud...index.html
Will be interesting to see if anyone follows such as, Bron, Melo, or Wade.
Aslan Wrote:Will be interesting to see if anyone follows such as, Bron, Melo, or Wade.

Denver came out today and said they would not be trading Melo
CardinalAlum Wrote:Denver came out today and said they would not be trading Melo

They offered Melo a 3 yr/$65 extension. It seems unlikely that he will turn it down, but if he does not accept it, look for Melo to be in NYC for the 2011 season.
Just saw on PTI where it looks like it could be Dwayne Wade and David Lee to Chicago, and LeBron and Amar'e to New York. Any team with LeBron and Amar'e will be a contender, then add Wade and Lee to the Bulls who already have a solid team and it makes for a very intersting year in the Eastern Conference.
This might be a problem for New York...

Amar'e has had problems with his knees for awhile...it may come back to haunt them in the end.
Amare is a solid player, but they are crazy for paying that much.. With their past regular season record I guess they will do anything to try and get something going..
Ballers Wrote:Amare is a solid player, but they are crazy for paying that much.. With their past regular season record I guess they will do anything to try and get something going..

I agree with you, way too much. If they would have gotten shut out in Free Agency, they fans would have wrecked MSG. The Knicks had to do something, even if it was stupid.
Stardust Wrote:I agree with you, way too much. If they would have gotten shut out in Free Agency, they fans would have wrecked MSG. The Knicks had to do something, even if it was stupid.

Yeah more than likely, the Knicks fans are pretty crazy.. I remember seeing them at last years draft booing Golden State for getting Stephen Curry..
Ballers Wrote:Amare is a solid player, but they are crazy for paying that much.. With their past regular season record I guess they will do anything to try and get something going..

I didn't really pay attention to how much they were paying him the first time I was on this thread...I agree with you