Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: UK Basketball Under Investigation?
Ballers Wrote:I see that you have your L-ville hat on Aslan.

Just being honest.
If Cal got UK into trouble with the NCAA, UK fans would treat him WORSE than BillyG.
Stardust Wrote:My comment was not directed "at" you. I agree with what you are saying. I agree with your assertion that we, as UK fans, will and should expect this every year. As I have mentioned before, the NCAA is out to get Cal. The question is "Why"? IMO, it is because they have not caught him yet, but they certainly have reasonable doubt that his ship is clean. If UK fans want to put the cloak over their eyes and make this about "Why is the NCAA picking on us", it's because of Cal.
I agree that it is unfair that UK should draw extra scrutiny because it hired Calipari but nothing about the NCAA is fair. They have time and money invested in the previous investigations of Cal's programs and they failed to take his scalp. Calipari is getting the same kind of attention that Tarkanian received most of his career.

I always suspected that Tark was the biggest cheater in the game but the NCAA did not nail him with much considering all of the time and money they spent investigating him. I did admire Tark for taking the NCAA to court over its harassment of him.

The NCAA does not accept the notion of a legal presumption of innocence but it has always been an organization of witch hunters.
Ballers Wrote:If your referring to the Wall, Bledsoe, Orton, Cousins, team against your Singler/Scheyer team.. Then yes.. That's correct. I would also say that 90% of NCAA fans would agree there big time. Let's take a poll shall we?

Looks like your poll so far is pretty even, not the 90% you were thinking of getting, eh?
Well Im not humble.. The UK ppl voting Duke is humble about the loss in the NCAA tourney.. I know what should of happened, and I know where UK stood... Obviously everyone else doesn't..
PC_You_Know Wrote:I said all I needed to say. Calipari hasn't gotten UK into any trouble, but if he did UK fans would treat him as bad as Billy Clyde, even though Billy Clyde never got UK into any trouble probation and scholarship wise. Thanks for calling me stupid.

You're welcome. You were also called moron. I think you have some serious problems.:lmao:
superfreak Wrote:You're welcome. You were also called moron. I think you have some serious problems.:lmao:

What kind of problems do I have? I'm telling the truth to you UK fans who have the premium blue tint on your sunglasses. You people's defense for Cal is that he has never been caught. Well neither has coach K but I can agree that coach K is as dirty as the next. You have to be dirty as a coach and pull some strings to get players, but you also have to own up to it as a fan, quit denying things that are right in front of your face.
Ballers Wrote::thanks:

No it's not a load of crap, and if your referring to this thread, actually I am the creator of it so shut the **** up. I have about heard enough of your mouth you big baby.. Go somewhere else and cry because Duke is terrible and everyone knows they didn't deserve the championship. :thanks:

sounds to me, like your the one crying... "" Duke is terrible and everyone knows they didn't deserve the championship"

Name me a reason why Duke didn't deserve the Championship, Was it because they didnt have the All Stars that UK had.

Was it that you think Duke had the easiest road.

What is it!
NYY10 Wrote:sounds to me, like your the one crying... "" Duke is terrible and everyone knows they didn't deserve the championship"

Name me a reason why Duke didn't deserve the Championship, Was it because they didnt have the All Stars that UK had.

What is it!

I can't wait till this season is over so UK will have had the past 2 #1 classes and no championship to show for it.
Duke's last 4 recruiting classes: 8, 27, 8, and 5. But atleast we have a title to show for it.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I can't wait till this season is over so UK will have had the past 2 #1 classes and no championship to show for it.
Duke's last 4 recruiting classes: 8, 27, 8, and 5. But atleast we have a title to show for it.

If UK's class would stay for 4 years, the would win a title.
Stardust Wrote:If UK's class would stay for 4 years, the would win a title.

More than one:1:
NYY10 Wrote:sounds to me, like your the one crying... "" Duke is terrible and everyone knows they didn't deserve the championship"

What is it!

Well Duke fan, if you have to stick your nose in it... He was bashing UK so I bashed Duke.. Simple as that. Yes I do think Duke is terrible, why do I think they didn't deserve the championship? Well you guessed it.. Their #1 seed was a little far fetched, (at best Duke should be #6 in NCAA) they got lucky, got a good draw, got a good seed against weak teams.) **** this is the weakest tourney I have ever saw.. Butler vs Duke in the NCAA finals? And Butler stuck with them? What a joke. That is all I need to say.
Okay here is my take on it. I expected something like this. People have to remember that investigations do not ALWAYS produce results. Just like with police stuff, they can investigate but people are not always guilty.

Do I believe something illegal was done ABSOLUTELY! Do I believe that every program that gets investigated has done wrong, no.

About the source, TMZ is the first place to report anything usually. That is their claim to fame. They are the first to report, the problem is that, being the first to report, often means you are the first to be wrong.
It was reported today that Bledsoe's family paided for his house, not the coach. I hope that this is true.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:It was reported today that Bledsoe's family paided for his house, not the coach. I hope that this is true.

Not the family, friends of the family paid for the housing.
If that is the case it is a he said she said, and if they have no documents to prove that the coach paided for it, then that part is taken care of. The one problem that I have is the academic part of the investigation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:If that is the case it is a he said she said, and if they have no documents to prove that the coach paided for it, then that part is taken care of. The one problem that I have is the academic part of the investigation.

ditto
Ballers Wrote:Well Duke fan, if you have to stick your nose in it... He was bashing UK so I bashed Duke.. Simple as that. Yes I do think Duke is terrible, why do I think they didn't deserve the championship? Well you guessed it.. Their #1 seed was a little far fetched, (at best Duke should be #6 in NCAA) they got lucky, got a good draw, got a good seed against weak teams.) **** this is the weakest tourney I have ever saw.. Butler vs Duke in the NCAA finals? And Butler stuck with them? What a joke. That is all I need to say.

#6 in the tourny. Are you serious, I think you need to go watch some more ball kid, because they where only 2 teams that where better then Duke, That being, Kentucky and Kansas. Tell me, who did UK face that was better then Duke faced. The only team in Kentuckys bracket was WV and thats it!!

And if it was the weakest tourny you ever seen, what does that say about UK since they probably had the best class that they will ever get again in a long time and still couldn't do nothing when it Counted!!
NYY10 Wrote:#6 in the tourny. Are you serious, I think you need to go watch some more ball kid, because they where only 2 teams that where better then Duke, That being, Kentucky and Kansas. Tell me, who did UK face that was better then Duke faced. The only team in Kentuckys bracket was WV and thats it!!

And if it was the weakest tourny you ever seen, what does that say about UK since they probably had the best class that they will ever get again in a long time and still couldn't do nothing when it Counted!!

You said something that makes sense. lol,
This story was started by a DUKEIE