Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alleged bin Laden hunter returns to U.S.
Denver, Colorado (CNN) -- An American man detained in Pakistan while on an alleged hunt for Osama bin Laden arrived back at his home in Colorado late Wednesday night.

Gary Faulkner arrived in Los Angeles on a flight from Dubai on Wednesday afternoon after being released without charge.

Faulkner than took a connection flight to Denver, where he was met at the airport by family members and reporters.

"It is good to be back in the mile-high city," Faulkner said as he got off the plane. Faulkner made international headlines recently when he was captured far away from the mile-high city.

Pakistani police said he was stopped near the border with Afghanistan's Nuristan province on June 13, carrying a pistol, a sword and night-vision equipment. They said he told them that he was on personal mission to capture bin Laden, something he had been wanting to do since al Qaeda's September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.

He later was moved to Islamabad and questioned. A medical exam determined he needs dialysis every 20 days for for kidney disease

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/2...index.html
This guy is awesome I wish more Americans was like him.
^ ditto. It was enjoyable watching the specials on him.
Stardust Wrote:^ ditto. It was enjoyable watching the specials on him.

I agree Dusty. It gave me goosebumps when he started talking about the people that sit and talk with no action.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I agree Dusty. It gave me goosebumps when he started talking about the people that sit and talk with no action.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:This guy is awesome I wish more Americans was like him.
I'll buy your plane ticket.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'll buy your plane ticket.
You gonna take me up on it Cpt. Backdoor, or were you just blowing smoke in the above statements?

Captain Backdoor Wrote:This guy is awesome I wish more Americans was like him.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I agree Dusty. It gave me goosebumps when he started talking about the people that sit and talk with no action.
TheRealVille Wrote:You gonna take me up on it Cpt. Backdoor, or were you just blowing smoke in the above statements?
What's next? Are you going to issue a triple-dog dare to get a response to your childish offer? There is a big gap between doing nothing and packing your bags to personally go hunting for the leader of a group of terrorist thugs in Pakistan. If you are looking for hypocrisy, then look in your garage. What are you doing to meet those CAFE standards that you support?

We all understand that you would be happy to participate in a purge of conservatives in this country but do not ask us to self-deport. Life must be tough for a 20 percenter living in a Republican county in the Bible belt. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:I'll buy your plane ticket.

No I am capable of buying my own plane ticket. Did you even watch the video or are you just being your normal incompetent self again?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:No I am capable of buying my own plane ticket. Did you even watch the video or are you just being your normal incompetent self again?
No, just replying to your own words. You said you wish more Americans were like him. Why would you wish for other people to go over if you aren't willing too. You also said it gave you goosebums when he talked about people that sit and do nothing. You are just like me, not willing to go over there and we are gonna just sit here and do nothing, so why wish other people would?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What's next? Are you going to issue a triple-dog dare to get a response to your childish offer? There is a big gap between doing nothing and packing your bags to personally go hunting for the leader of a group of terrorist thugs in Pakistan. If you are looking for hypocrisy, then look in your garage. What are you doing to meet those CAFE standards that you support?

We all understand that you would be happy to participate in a purge of conservatives in this country but do not ask us to self-deport. Life must be tough for a 20 percenter living in a Republican county in the Bible belt. :biggrin:
Are you CB's big brother? I don't owe the Republicans in this county a dime and never will, so yes, life is good. BTW, in my garage are two vehicles that get 45 mpg. My wife drives a block to work or walks mostly, and I have a truck out front that I've had since early April and only have 1800 miles on it, and 500 of it was this past weekend. So yes, I am conserving.
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you CB's big brother?
:yawn: Great retort, RV. You are really on your game tonight.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::yawn: Great retort, RV. You are really on your game tonight.
You are on your game also, you only quote one sentence, and come back with your usual smartazz remark. Yes, I am a proud atheist Democrat in a Republican county, I tend to use my brain to think, and not believe in childhood fairy tales.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, just replying to your own words. You said you wish more Americans were like him. Why would you wish for other people to go over if you aren't willing too. You also said it gave you goosebums when he talked about people that sit and do nothing. You are just like me, not willing to go over there and we are gonna just sit here and do nothing, so why wish other people would?

You obviously answered my previous question with this comment...I asked if you were your normal incompetent self and obviously you are. When and where did I say I wasn't willing to to go???? You can bet your candy @ss that I would go. If you would have actually watched the video instead of assuming what all was said you will know that this man didnt just pack his bags and take off. He had a bunch of help with this and yes if I had the resources he has you could bank on me going.
I'd like to watch videos on this guy if anyone could post them, thanks.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:You obviously answered my previous question with this comment...I asked if you were your normal incompetent self and obviously you are. When and where did I say I wasn't willing to to go???? You can bet your candy @ss that I would go. If you would have actually watched the video instead of assuming what all was said you will know that this man didnt just pack his bags and take off. He had a bunch of help with this and yes if I had the resources he has you could bank on me going.
Blah,Blah, Blah. Let me know when I can read an article about you going hunting, and not just being a keyboard warrior.
TheRealVille Wrote:Blah,Blah, Blah. Let me know when I can read an article about you going hunting, and not just being a keyboard warrior.
:lmao: Go ahead, triple dog dare him to go to Pock-E-Stahn! Obama is SOOOooo lucky to have minions like you to do his bidding. What were those marching orders that he gave? Oh yeah, 0Bama said to get in his opponents' faces and challenge them. He would be so proud of your belligerence on his behalf. A real life Obama keyboard warrior. Well done, sir.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'd like to watch videos on this guy if anyone could post them, thanks.

Click on the link in my initial post.
TheRealVille Wrote:Blah,Blah, Blah. Let me know when I can read an article about you going hunting, and not just being a keyboard warrior.

Confusedhh: Man, your really out doing yourself huh? It took you 2 days to come up with an ingenius response like this?...Keep up the good work RV!

Oh and by the way I am still waiting on you to point out when and where I said I WOULD NOT go....
I like when asked how close he was to Bin Laden, Faulkner says "if I had a rifle I could have shot him." Then the reporter asks if he actually seen him, and Faulkner tells him no, but he was in the area. I think this interview should have been put off for a while as Faulkner seems to still be on his own personal high.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I like when asked how close he was to Bin Laden, Faulkner says "if I had a rifle I could have shot him." Then the reporter asks if he actually seen him, and Faulkner tells him no, but he was in the area. I think this interview should have been put off for a while as Faulkner seems to still be on his own personal high.

I agree this should have been put off for at least a month for him to get settled back down.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Confusedhh: Man, your really out doing yourself huh? It took you 2 days to come up with an ingenius response like this?...Keep up the good work RV!

Oh and by the way I am still waiting on you to point out when and where I said I WOULD NOT go....
I didn't say you said you weren't going to go. I just pointed out that you shouldn't wish other people to go if you aren't. You are just like me and others in the US, you are going to ***** about other people that aren't doing anything, and hoorah this guys words, and you aren't going to do ****. All I was saying was, put your money where your mouth is.
Quote:Originally Posted by Captain Backdoor
This guy is awesome I wish more Americans was like him.
Originally Posted by Captain Backdoor
I agree Dusty. It gave me goosebumps when he started talking about the people that sit and talk with no action.
You are one of the ones he is talking about, that sit and talk with no action, just like the rest of us.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:You obviously answered my previous question with this comment...I asked if you were your normal incompetent self and obviously you are. When and where did I say I wasn't willing to to go???? You can bet your candy @ss that I would go. If you would have actually watched the video instead of assuming what all was said you will know that this man didnt just pack his bags and take off. He had a bunch of help with this and yes if I had the resources he has you could bank on me going.

TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't say you said you weren't going to go. I just pointed out that you shouldn't wish other people to go if you aren't. You are just like me and others in the US, you are going to ***** about other people that aren't doing anything, and hoorah this guys words, and you aren't going to do ****. All I was saying was, put your money where your mouth is.
You are one of the ones he is talking about, that sit and talk with no action, just like the rest of us.

You are just being your normal incompetent self again huh? If you would take the time to read my above post you will see that if I had the resources that this guy has I would leave this afternoon. And as far as you buying me a plane ticket I don't need you to I am very capable of doing that on my own.
Man that guy was lucky...if he had had ANY contact with the Taliban or Al-Qaeda we would be talking about the video that shows his head being cut off. I do believe that there is a "possibility" that he was in the area, but i'm about 99% sure he wasn't.

I'm wandering how he got any kind of info on where Bin Laden was or any insurgents for that matter, does anyone know if he speaks Farsi, Dari, Pashtun or Arabic? Even if he did, he would have an bad western accent and I still think he wouldn't get any info.

But, kudo's to him, if he was even able to get to the AFG border without dying then that shows he was smart and had his **** together.
He said hes been over there I think 7 times. It is kinda fishy to say that he was close to him. But I do applaud his ambition and drive to seek out the most wanted man in the world.