Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 UK Players Taken in 1st Round
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Im pretty sure than when Dangerousdan made this thread he knew that it would be nothing but arguments. And that has basic held true.:popcorn:

When I saw that emoticon, I really wanted to put it in this thread just for the fun of it! :biggrin:

...Although, I guess I could've waited until a Cavemaster and Hoot Gibson argument. :p
Deathstar 80 Wrote:When I saw that emoticon, I really wanted to put it in this thread just for the fun of it! :biggrin:

...Although, I guess I could've waited until a Cavemaster and Hoot Gibson argument. :p

HA!! Nicley said. By the way, I love your personalized message on the side of your information. It is a great thing to see on here.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
johnnyt Wrote:talent alone will only get you so far. experience is a big factor and UK didnt have alot of tournament experience. being the most talented team doesnt mean you will win the championship (see the 18-1 new england patriots or for a more direct comparison see the fab 5 from michigan). if talent alone was the key reason for winning championships then why doesnt the Yankees win it every year or why didnt the russians beat the americans in lake placid. how many sporting events have we seen that the lesser talented team beat the more talented.

yet we are going to argue on this thread and talk about how embarrassing it is that a group of 18-22 year old kids couldnt bring a championship to UK with all of that talent.

What about coaching, does it have a factor? Is Cal a great coach or a great recruiter.
Stardust Wrote:What about coaching, does it have a factor? Is Cal a great coach or a great recruiter.

Why cant he be both?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Why cant he be both?

How can anyone say Cal is a great coach? He don't have an official final 4 under his belt. He always has one of the most talented teams and comes up short. Great recruiter yes, great coach noway.
Aslan Wrote:How can anyone say Cal is a great coach? He don't have an official final 4 under his belt. He always has one of the most talented teams and comes up short. Great recruiter yes, great coach noway.

That was quite evident in the WVU game. Why in the world Cal does not press with both of WVU's point guards on the bench with 8 minutes left????
Stardust Wrote:What about coaching, does it have a factor? Is Cal a great coach or a great recruiter.

He is a great recruiter. If he was a great coach, he would have at least one official final four.
I would rather have a coach like Tom Izzo. He recruits 3 star talent, they beat teams laden with 5 star talent with defense and teamwork he has led six teams to the final four loaded with 3 star talent.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:That was quite evident in the WVU game. Why in the world Cal does not press with both of WVU's point guards on the bench with 8 minutes left????

Why UK didn't press the entire game is a mystery to me. WVU starting PG was out. What lilttle UK pressured in the end was very effective.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:HA!! Nicley said. By the way, I love your personalized message on the side of your information. It is a great thing to see on here.

:thanks:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Why cant he be both?

I wish he was.

IMO, he is only ONE of the two. I want him to be both, but I also wanted to marry for money......:biggrin:
Jarons Wrote:He is a great recruiter. If he was a great coach, he would have at least one official final four.
I would rather have a coach like Tom Izzo. He recruits 3 star talent, they beat teams laden with 5 star talent with defense and teamwork he has led six teams to the final four loaded with 3 star talent.

Amen brother.

If I had a team of Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard - I as the coach could win 92% of the league games. But it would still require me to "coach" them in the playoffs and get a title. It takes talent at the coacing level to get titles. I'm not convinced Cal is anything other than a "salesman" who Buys, oops, bad choice of words - convinces, the best college players to play at his program. Don't get me wrong, I want the best players in the nation to come here, then I want them to win titles. I hope that happens before we get caught doing anything wrong!
Aslan Wrote:Why UK didn't press the entire game is a mystery to me. WVU starting PG was out. What lilttle UK pressured in the end was very effective.

Good question - see earlier post?????????
Stardust Wrote:Good question - see earlier post?????????

Nuhu
Aslan Wrote:Nuhu

Coaching
Stardust Wrote:Coaching

Oh I wasn't sure what you was talking about haha. But I completely agree.
Stardust Wrote:Amen brother.

If I had a team of Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard - I as the coach could win 92% of the league games. But it would still require me to "coach" them in the playoffs and get a title. It takes talent at the coacing level to get titles. I'm not convinced Cal is anything other than a "salesman" who Buys, oops, bad choice of words - convinces, the best college players to play at his program. Don't get me wrong, I want the best players in the nation to come here, then I want them to win titles. I hope that happens before we get caught doing anything wrong!

Amen.
Stardust Wrote:Amen brother.

Ageed.
You keep staying stuff like that and UK nation might come after you. Confusedhh:
Aslan Wrote:Ageed.
You keep staying stuff like that and UK nation might come after you. Confusedhh:

I am UK nation. Just like I am an American, but I don't have to like the president! :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:I am UK nation. Just like I am an American, but I don't have to like the president! :igiveup:

:Thumbs: :thatsfunn