Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbellsville Head Coach
Heard that Jay Cobb would be announced this week. Anybody else hearing similar? What about him already having taken a job this spring and leaving before he ever coached a game?
Has Cobb moved up to Knott yet?
Say it ain't so.
If this is true you can chalk this one up as another black eye to coaches.
Here's the story...

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?085+...9085085003
Wow this is so interesting. I can't believe this. I wonder how Knott people are handling this?
So much for all the Knott County hype. Hope Cville doesn't start getting the swagger going. Seems like Cobb is a Swagger Jacker. He may leave before season starts.
New trivia question for KY HS football fans . . .

What do Henderson County and Knott County Central have in common?
Well at least he already owns a lot of Purple and Gold stuff....can just monogram over SHS with CHS.
Both are schools Coach Cobb committed to and backed out on before he ever coached a game.
Any more updates today in the news about why he is going to C'ville or anything?
Generals2010 Wrote:Any more updates today in the news about why he is going to C'ville or anything?

I think he is going to be a head coach.:Clap:
Dood is Nimble
Wymt has posted on there twitter account that he is now the new coach at Campbellsville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I dont like the fact he left Knott Co this late in June but Its a bussiness so good luck Cobb weather it be a Campbellsville or if your mind changes again.
Cobb has a job ahead of him Cville is in a down phase of talent IMO. They are also very low in numbers and dont have the athletes to run his system. Maybe he can get some athletes that are in the halls to play football. The good news is the district they are in is weak so they could win the district but I just cant see them being a very good team IMO
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Cobb has a job ahead of him Cville is in a down phase of talent IMO. They are also very low in numbers and dont have the athletes to run his system. Maybe he can get some athletes that are in the halls to play football. The good news is the district they are in is weak so they could win the district but I just cant see them being a very good team IMO

How many years has Cobb been a head coach and what is his win/loss record?
All told, Cobb has been a head coach for about 25 seasons and he likely has a .500 or sub-.500 overall record at every school he's coached at except for Somerset.

Every job he's taken has been a pretty major rebuilding job (or a program starter), so his overall career winning percentage is likely pretty close to .500.
Gitback Coach Wrote:All told, Cobb has been a head coach for about 25 seasons and he likely has a .500 or sub-.500 overall record at every school he's coached at except for Somerset.

Every job he's taken has been a pretty major rebuilding job (or a program starter), so his overall career winning percentage is likely pretty close to .500.

You can pull up the records of each school from decade to decade on KHSAA. You would need to know what years he coached at those schools.
I don't agree with what he did with KCC or even Henderson for that matter but Coach Cobb is a good coach and he will do great things at Cville. Good luck!
Gitback Coach Wrote:New trivia question for KY HS football fans . . .

What do Henderson County and Knott County Central have in common?

Answer: an o-line coach that only coaches when he thinks the team can be successful, wait i'm wrong, that would be somerset and it's on again off again professor perkins.
I will give Cobb credit Campbellsville is much better than I expected thus far in the season. Thwere 0-2 but played close against two teams that i figured would roll over them.
Very true. He's done a good job with them defensively. Now if they can just score...
The main trouble they have is depth they only go about 13 deep and it's bitting them in the backside. But I actually think they will win their district and Hazard will beat them in the REgional finals
Pigskinman53 Wrote:The main trouble they have is depth they only go about 13 deep and it's bitting them in the backside. But I actually think they will win their district and Hazard will beat them in the REgional finals

A regional final appearance sounds about right. The Eagles will get better every week (and every season) that Cobb is there.
pay now Wrote:Answer: an o-line coach that only coaches when he thinks the team can be successful, wait i'm wrong, that would be somerset and it's on again off again professor perkins.

I don't know why Perkins decided not to coach the past couple of years and I definitely would have thought better of him if had stayed both years, but you can't deny that he may be the best OL coach in this end of the state. A lot of OL coaches develop kids into good offensive linemen. Coach Perkins develops those kids into OL coaches almost. Most of if not all of the offensive linemen that have played for Coach Perkins could coach an OL as good as some of the actual OL coaches in the state. Disagree with what he did or not, you can't argue that the guy can coach.
Jackson05 Wrote:Very true. He's done a good job with them defensively. Now if they can just score...
Coach Estes controls the defense and should be given at least some of the credit for the defense. The games I have watched in which Estes was the D-coordinator. C-Ville has been good on defense and only get worn down because of a terrible offense.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I agree that Dale Estes has done a wonderful job and does deserve some credit Bull. I think he also got some of the kids out to play that didn't play last season. Because of a weak district (Clinton Co. Williamsburg, Berea, Lynn Camp) Campbellsville could win the district title if they find a way to score. Cobb has been running more I backfield sets because of depth and I don't think it will take building some depth before he can go with the full out spread attack he ran at Somerset.