Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logical Explanation?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Exactly, if Lebron ever had half the team's Kobe has had, he'd have 1 or two rings. Regular season records don't matter and I don't know why people keep bringing them up.

Remember the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the Super Bowl. Your regular season record isn't that definitive of a descriptor for how good your team is.

The bolded is a bunch of rubbish. How does it NOT matter? When Celtics won in the finals vs Lakers, I'm pretty sure they had the best regular season record - for that season. Not their fault Lebron and his team can't get the job done.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you're saying I'm wrong and that the team with the best regular season record always wins the championship?

The word your looking for is "should" win.. Kinda like UK when WV dropped hail mary 3's from outter space, and Duke went on to win the national title. Same scenario here.
Ballers Wrote:The word your looking for is "should" win.. Kinda like UK when WV dropped hail mary 3's from outter space, and Duke went on to win the national title. Same scenario here.

Lol, you are definitely one of the biggest 18%'ers on here.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Lol, you are definitely one of the biggest 18%'ers on here.

Which means?
Ballers Wrote:Which means?

You're part of the 18% of UK's fanbase who thinks UK is all mighty and does no wrong, UK cannot be beat, and that if a player is good he goes to UK.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you're saying I'm wrong and that the team with the best regular season record always wins the championship?

You are wrong. If the regular season don't matter, then why play it? If your record is not good enough in the regular season, then there will be no post season for that team. Sometimes the best team hits a slump, or a decent team gets hot, or even injures can destroy the best team chances.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're part of the 18% of UK's fanbase who thinks UK is all mighty and does no wrong, UK cannot be beat, and that if a player is good he goes to UK.

I root for UK but man, that percentage is way higher than just 18% lol. I'd say around 70ish.
Aslan Wrote:I root for UK but man, that percentage is way higher than just 18% lol. I'd say around 70ish.

It's an actual term people use referring to UK fans, you can find it all the time on some other message boards. We all know the number is higher, but somehow that became the number used.
Aslan Wrote:I root for UK but man, that percentage is way higher than just 18% lol. I'd say around 70ish.

75%... "PC Don't Know" obviously bleeds the wrong blue.
PC_You_Know Wrote:It's an actual term people use referring to UK fans, you can find it all the time on some other message boards. We all know the number is higher, but somehow that became the number used.

I know. Who come up with the term? Was it the Lexington Heard?
Aslan Wrote:You are wrong. If the regular season don't matter, then why play it? If your record is not good enough in the regular season, then there will be no post season for that team. Sometimes the best team hits a slump, or a decent team gets hot, or even injures can destroy the best team chances.

This is a wow post.
World of Warcraft? lol jk
Aslan Wrote:World of Warcraft? lol jk

WOW... Aslan really.. Between Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Pokemon, and now world of war craft.. geee... What's next Magic the Gathering?
:thatsfunn
Ballers Wrote:75%... "PC Don't Know" obviously bleeds the wrong blue.

Lol, I know, my team wins here lately, and it doesn't take top recruiting classes to do it.

But, let's get this back on topic.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Lol, I know, my team wins here lately, and it doesn't take top recruiting classes to do it.

Yup, -- it takes coach K, Duke players, & ESPN analyst on their knees.
And back at the topic, Lebron loses, Kobe's in the finals. What more is there to say?
You said that record does not describe how good a team is. I was simpley saying that yes it does.
Ballers Wrote:WOW... Aslan really.. Between Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Pokemon, and now world of war craft.. geee... What's next Magic the Gathering?
:thatsfunn

Why not? lol. Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:And back at the topic, Lebron loses, Kobe's in the finals. What more is there to say?

:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Id like for Kmac, Wildcat or someone to tell me someting besides RINGS as for why kobe is better than Lebron or Dwade? I just dont see anything he is as good or better at, besides CLUTCH! He is clutch...Thats it, his #'s are not as good (points, assists, rebounds, FG%, 3pt%) He has more rings, which in my opinion is because he had a YOUNG SHAQ! And now he has a young gasol...Take Gasol off the team he wins nothing, take Shaq off the lakers and he wins nothing...Trade shaq for gasol and put gasol on the cavs and the cavs are there!

It's hard to win a championship without help :wink:
This Kobe/Lebron argument is a waste of my time. I myself have as many points as Lebron does in the finals this year - 0! I also have as many wins - 0! So I simply do not care about this argument. Kobe is still there proving why he is the best. Magic Johnson and thousands of others in the world agree. Nothing left to talk about.
K_Mac Wrote:This Kobe/Lebron argument is a waste of my time. I myself have as many points as Lebron does in the finals this year - 0! I also have as many wins - 0! So I simply do not care about this argument. Kobe is still there proving why he is the best. Magic Johnson and thousands of others in the world agree. Nothing left to talk about.

^ hahahahaha great post mate.
Ballers Wrote:^ hahahahaha great post mate.

Thank ya pal
Jarons Wrote:Jordan would have won without Pippen. Pippen was the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. He rode Jordan's coattails all the way to the HOF. What did Pippen do without Jordan? Absolutely nothing.

I don't think Pippen is a top 50 player, but Pippen also was on the all defensive team when he played. He was the second leading scorer on the team. I don't even Know what he ranked in rebounds and assist. 2nd or 3rd ??? Doe's anyone know of a #2 player with the stats he has??? Maybe Jordan ( who is the greatest player to ever lace his shoes) would have won without Pippen, But he didn't. Pippen wasn't the man, he helped the man. What kind of team would LeBron or Kobe have if they had a player complement them the way Pippen did Jordan??? Where would Durant be with a player like that. There is no team that wouldn't want him playing next to their star.
Didnt Pippen average like 25ppg when jordan retired the first time?
^ He actually had a decent Tony Kukoc at the time that allowed him to be MJ to Kukoc's Pippen role. Then Scottie got ticked about Kukoc being the go to guy in Phil Jacksons game winning shot play against the Knicks in the playoffs and that ruined the chemestry of all three (Pippen, Kukoc, Jackson).
PC_You_Know Wrote:Exactly, if Lebron ever had half the team's Kobe has had, he'd have 1 or two rings. Regular season records don't matter and I don't know why people keep bringing them up.

Remember the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the Super Bowl. Your regular season record isn't that definitive of a descriptor for how good your team is.

If the regular season don't matter than LA would have already lost to the Celtics. Having the better regular season record and home court over Boston has turned out to be huge. The Lakers might come back and win the series due to games 6 and 7 being at the Staples Center. I agree with most of your opinions but your wrong on this one. :Thumbs:
K_Mac Wrote:This Kobe/Lebron argument is a waste of my time. I myself have as many points as Lebron does in the finals this year - 0! I also have as many wins - 0! So I simply do not care about this argument. Kobe is still there proving why he is the best. Magic Johnson and thousands of others in the world agree. Nothing left to talk about.

Kobe is proving why he has the better team!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
bigjim4packers Wrote:I don't think Pippen is a top 50 player, but Pippen also was on the all defensive team when he played. He was the second leading scorer on the team. I don't even Know what he ranked in rebounds and assist. 2nd or 3rd ??? Doe's anyone know of a #2 player with the stats he has??? Maybe Jordan ( who is the greatest player to ever lace his shoes) would have won without Pippen, But he didn't. Pippen wasn't the man, he helped the man. What kind of team would LeBron or Kobe have if they had a player complement them the way Pippen did Jordan??? Where would Durant be with a player like that. There is no team that wouldn't want him playing next to their star.

Pippen had the finals record for the most 3's in a game until ray ray about a week ago....Pippen helped the man??? Pippen won without jordan, does that make pippen the man? And you have Kobe/gasol who is a great combo, Gasol is possible the best Offensive big man in the game, then he had Kobe/shaq, which shaq at that time was BEAST! Thats all there is to that my friend! Kobe has to have the best of big men to help him! Who had Lebron had to compliment him? Thats right he had shaq, and 86 year old that is eat up with arthritis and cant play 20 minutes a game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Aslan Wrote:Bynum is a solid player. He's like Odom, sometimes he makes an impact, sometimes it's like he's not even there. Fisher is on the downside of his career. Artest is a good defender but contributes little on the offensive end. Gasol is a really good player. I think the Lakers were better with Areza than Artest.

I HATE atrest
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"