Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 10 - Belfry 0 (15th Region Championship)
Congrats to the Panthers. Ended this one in 6. Jacob Hamilton picks up the W.

Good luck at State! Nice season Belfry
Congrats to Pikeville on the win. I'm sure they will represent the 15th very well at state.
Congrats Panthers!
A shout out to the Pikeville Panthers on this great win!! Take State & good luck . Make this region proud!!
Congrats to the Panthers, and to the Pirates on a great season.
Great job panthers. You deserve it. Good luck at state!!!
I think this just proves that Pikeville was the best team in the region. It was no fluke they beat LC. They have the pitching and they have the lineup to play at state this year, and I think they will definetely win their first game and they have a great matchup with west jessamine, and I think they have a great shot at winning that game as well. Good luck and I'll most definetely be there supporting the Panthers and the rest of Eastern Kentucky at Applebees
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think this just proves that Pikeville was the best team in the region. It was no fluke they beat LC. They have the pitching and they have the lineup to play at state this year, and I think they will definetely win their first game and they have a great matchup with west jessamine, and I think they have a great shot at winning that game as well. Good luck and I'll most definetely be there supporting the Panthers and the rest of Eastern Kentucky at Applebees

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Pikeville had played the best in the regional and they won. As I watched I had no idea Hamilton was only an 8th grader. He had a great tournment. Congrats to him and the Panthers. The best to you in the state.
You know I really hate this for Belfry, they have made it to the Regional Finals 2 out of the past 3 years and both games have been 10-0 6th inning mercy rule. Something tells me they need to start developing a 3rd pitcher a little more during the regular season?
First off I want to congratulate the boys from Pikeville.... Awesome job and I'll be behind you and hoping for a great showing @ state!!

Secondly, Hamilton did an awesome job on the mound. It's good to know that Pikeville doesn't have to rely on just Cecil. I do know however that a couple of the boys CAN pitch for Pikeville if given the chance. I have seen them pitch and they do rather well.

Now, for the part on Belfry. Putting it straight out there.... Pikeville wanted it way more than Belfry. As far as pitching, I can name you 3 sophomores, 2 juniors, and 2 seniors that CAN pitch. The only pitcher we were without was Williams. Belfry's problem is they came into the game dead.... No enthusiam what so ever and they acted as if they had never seen a baseball or bat. Again, I am NOT taking anything away from Pikeville as they earned what they are going and I am fully going to support those boys. I do think the BEST 2 teams were in the finals but only 1 of them showed up to play!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I think Pikeville really is the best team in the 15th. Defense is solid and next year they only lose 1 impact player. Look for this thread to be carried over in 2011
I knew our boys could do It all season. LC is just simply not a better team.
Id like to see at least 1 win up at state. West Jessamine? Not a problem!
[quote=phs1986]First off I want to congratulate the boys from Pikeville.... Awesome job and I'll be behind you and hoping for a great showing @ state!!

Secondly, Hamilton did an awesome job on the mound. It's good to know that Pikeville doesn't have to rely on just Cecil. I do know however that a couple of the boys CAN pitch for Pikeville if given the chance. I have seen them pitch and they do rather well.

Now, for the part on Belfry. Putting it straight out there.... Pikeville wanted it way more than Belfry. As far as pitching, I can name you 3 sophomores, 2 juniors, and 2 seniors that CAN pitch. The only pitcher we were without was Williams. Belfry's problem is they came into the game dead.... No enthusiam what so ever and they acted as if they had never seen a baseball or bat. Again, I am NOT taking anything away from Pikeville as they earned what they are going and I am fully going to support those boys. I do think the BEST 2 teams were in the finals but only 1 of them showed up to play![/QUOTE]

I agree with this, I expected a close game. Dont know what happened but it happens all the time in sports.

Cecil and Hamilton both pitched great games, but lets not forget the defense behind each of them. I sometimes think this gets overlooked by some folks. The infield has been phenominal this entire season as well as catcher and the outfield. Pitching is extremely important but defense is just as important. A team needs both to excel, not one or the other. Also doesnt hurt when you are pitching with a lead as Pikeville had this entire tournament.

Congrats boys and go to state and play just the way you have all season! I am proud of you all.
Commanche Wrote:[quote=phs1986]

QUOTE]

I agree with this, I expected a close game. Dont know what happened but it happens all the time in sports.

Cecil and Hamilton both pitched great games, but lets not forget the defense behind each of them. I sometimes think this gets overlooked by some folks. The infield has been phenominal this entire season as well as catcher and the outfield. Pitching is extremely important but defense is just as important. A team needs both to excel, not one or the other. Also doesnt hurt when you are pitching with a lead as Pikeville had this entire tournament.

Congrats boys and go to state and play just the way you have all season! I am proud of you all.

I agree 100%! You (the pitcher) can throw it in all day long and get stikes OR let em' hit.... You gotta have that defense in place to make plays to keep everything balanced.... Keep us posted on dates and times of games if ya don't care... We may be makin the trip to Applebees ourselves.... After all..... some of those kiddo's are my buddies!! Smile

GO PANTHERS!!!! Bring a STATE TITLE BACK HOME!!!!!
What a rip off Scott McDonald the only kid in 15th region history with 3hrs in tournament history and not MVP Who picked this?
fred taylor Wrote:What a rip off Scott McDonald the only kid in 15th region history with 3hrs in tournament history and not MVP Who picked this?

It is sad, but the coach of each team picks his or her own players. Not the best system, but it is what it is. Should be vote for the other players.
Commanche Wrote:It is sad, but the coach of each team picks his or her own players. Not the best system, but it is what it is. Should be vote for the other players.

Agree! Why couldn't the coaches from Lawrence, Pike Central, and Belfry chosen who made it from Pikeville. To me, this would have been the fair way to do it considering that is who they played!

Having the coaches from the teams you play against in the tourney pick the All-tourney team and MVP would be the most honest way to doing it... BUT, that's just my opinion and who am I.... LOLOL:popcorn:

Looks to me like the Head Coach and Assistant Coach (MVP'S Dad) got caught up in the moment and lost there minds for a minute and picked the MVP. Whay point are they trying to make? does anyone have stats from the regional tournament because there was about 6 other players that deserved that award.
fred taylor Wrote:Looks to me like the Head Coach and Assistant Coach (MVP'S Dad) got caught up in the moment and lost there minds for a minute and picked the MVP. Whay point are they trying to make? does anyone have stats from the regional tournament because there was about 6 other players that deserved that award.

True, it is not the best system.If i had to choose, i would choose the whole team ---- top to bottom ---- . we can't let this be a distraction. This team has got to remain focused, because its not going to get any easier from here on out.
Big Five-0- Wrote:True, it is not the best system.If i had to choose, i would choose the whole team ---- top to bottom ---- . we can't let this be a distraction. This team has got to remain focused, because its not going to get any easier from here on out.
Thank You! For it to be a distraction at this point is ridiculous.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thank You! For it to be a distraction at this point is ridiculous.

I agree Thunder, too much at stake to let this be anything other than Over with.
my brother played for pikevill he was good at baseball:bball:
Anybody know how the panthers will look this year??