Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 81 Lou. Seneca 71
Bad news for all you Paintsville haters and bashers, they just beat Seneca to make it to the finals. JD Vanhoose and Landon Slone led the way for the Tigers.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Bad news for all you Paintsville haters and bashers, they just beat Seneca to make it to the finals. JD Vanhoose and Landon Slone led the way for the Tigers.

Typical post by a Paintsville supporter.

Your real good about telling everybody about something when you do good, but dont have the guts to publicly admit it when you get your cans kicked.

Still yet to see that score from Georgia. You must be really ashamed!!!!!!
Congrats Tigers....
Congrats Paintsville!
The Tigers played awesome today. If they continue to play like this the rest of the season, they've won the 15th Region Championship.
Congrats to both teams for an awesome game!
Landon started out slow, but finished fine. Grimm played good also. 3's were coming from the Tigers almost everytime they ran down the floor.
-I'm from P'burg.. I would NEVER say this if it wasn't true. Keep your heads on Tigers, don't get ahead of yourself.
I would like to hear someones elses opinion of this game that is a non-bias opinion. This is just hard to believe that this Paintsville team beat this Seneca team...
Rosco, I'm no biased at all. I'm a PBurg fan through thick and thin. my Blackcats are my life (especially one, lol) I would love to see the Blackcats win region this year and I really think they can if they just keep their heads and play with all they have.. but anyway, i was at the game at this morning and let me tell ya - they beat them. fair and square. it got really close at the end. at the half Seneca fought really hard to get the score back up and they tied it at 37. It was a good and for the most part clean ball game. the cleanest I've seen all year. Paintsville IS the real deal if they can just keep it all together.
I think that this proves that paintsville is for real.Alot of people have had their dobts but they should be gone now.
The past two days they've been playing good team ball, and it shows not only on the scoreboard but also by the play of others. CW, why don't you just do what your name says and chill, if I can find a score somewhere I'll be sure to post it, I myself would also like to find out how bad they got beat down there those two games. My sister-in-law said they were beat like 24 one game and 18 or 19 the second. She didn't go so don't have an exact score for them, but her parents went to watch her brother and said they couldn't buy a basket and still played selfish. I haven't seen that these past two days, but I really do like the starting line-up they have going now and should've been playing that way the whole time. 1 Jr. and 4 Soph's, with another Soph coming off the bench as well as the lone senior Williams. Seneca's problem this game was they tried too hard keeping the ball away from the Tigers, but when pressure was applied they turned it over allowing things to get out of hand, and in the 4th I believe they only scored 6 points, that is how the Tigers beat this big team. They out hustled, out rebounded, and out played the Redhawks. Pretty good showing, coming off a big win last night, then not even 12 hours later playing another strong team. Good job guys, hopefully you all will keep up hard work tonight. Pugh is starting to show his form after the layoff last season.
"JKWON33" Wrote:The past two days they've been playing good team ball, and it shows not only on the scoreboard but also by the play of others. CW, why don't you just do what your name says and chill, if I can find a score somewhere I'll be sure to post it, I myself would also like to find out how bad they got beat down there those two games. My sister-in-law said they were beat like 24 one game and 18 or 19 the second. She didn't go so don't have an exact score for them, but her parents went to watch her brother and said they couldn't buy a basket and still played selfish. I haven't seen that these past two days, but I really do like the starting line-up they have going now and should've been playing that way the whole time. 1 Jr. and 4 Soph's, with another Soph coming off the bench as well as the lone senior Williams. Seneca's problem this game was they tried too hard keeping the ball away from the Tigers, but when pressure was applied they turned it over allowing things to get out of hand, and in the 4th I believe they only scored 6 points, that is how the Tigers beat this big team. They out hustled, out rebounded, and out played the Redhawks. Pretty good showing, coming off a big win last night, then not even 12 hours later playing another strong team. Good job guys, hopefully you all will keep up hard work tonight. Pugh is starting to show his form after the layoff last season.
At least tell it like it is ,they got beat by 32 in the second game there JKWON33. The third game must be even worse to not even bring it up.

Somebody has to keep you guys honest.:Thumbs:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Typical post by a Paintsville supporter.

Your real good about telling everybody about something when you do good, but dont have the guts to publicly admit it when you get your cans kicked.

Paintsville got beat twice in Georgia, we all know that, why would we be ashamed to admit when the two teams that beat them would beat ANY other team in the 15th also, I'm not a bit ashamed of admitting it, the Tigers also won a game in Georgia. I believe all that spotwhiz was saying or at least trying to say was that when Paintsville plays like they are capable of playing then they are for real. Not only that, all of the Paintsville "Haters" and "Bashers" weren't giving the Tigers a chance.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:At least tell it like it is ,they got beat by 32 in the second game there JKWON33. The third game must be even worse to not even bring it up.

Somebody has to keep you guys honest.:Thumbs:

Hell son I just told you who I heard it from, you guys have to start worrying about your own teams and instead of how bad Paintsville got beat by a 5A team from Florida, and read again I gave you what she told me so I did mention it there hoss. I haven't seen the girl, so I don't know. I'll speak it how it is, Paintsville won their tourney tonight, first time ever in its history. Give them props for representing the region well. There were a couple of good teams in the tourney, knocked off a traditional power Appolo tonight that beat Oak Ridge and their Florida State signee this morning. Beating three physical, quick teams in less than 24 hours, with an average age of the starters being barely 16 and height of 6'0. Congrats on that, congrats to Coach Runyon, and congrats to you for being so torn about trying to find out how bad Paintsville was beat their last game in GA to get off.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Paintsville got beat twice in Georgia, we all know that, why would we be ashamed to admit when the two teams that beat them would beat ANY other team in the 15th also, I'm not a bit ashamed of admitting it, the Tigers also won a game in Georgia. I believe all that spotwhiz was saying or at least trying to say was that when Paintsville plays like they are capable of playing then they are for real. Not only that, all of the Paintsville "Haters" and "Bashers" weren't giving the Tigers a chance.

Welcome to BGR PC 98..
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Paintsville got beat twice in Georgia, we all know that, why would we be ashamed to admit when the two teams that beat them would beat ANY other team in the 15th also, I'm not a bit ashamed of admitting it, the Tigers also won a game in Georgia. I believe all that spotwhiz was saying or at least trying to say was that when Paintsville plays like they are capable of playing then they are for real. Not only that, all of the Paintsville "Haters" and "Bashers" weren't giving the Tigers a chance.
Then how about a score from Georgia?
Keep playing that old song of yours, Chilly.Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02: Big Grinrums02:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Typical post by a Paintsville supporter.

"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Then how about a score from Georgia?
99-40 and 123-10 :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Who cares??? Does it really matter? They got beat by 34 and 38 is what I heard.

About what PHS will do the next time they play LCHS:AngelPray :AngelPray :AngelPray
Paintsville beat Owensboro Apollo in the finals last night. PHS really looked good except for their mental mistakes. When they stop making mental turnovers, they'll be 15-20 points better.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:99-40 and 123-10 :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Who cares??? Does it really matter? They got beat by 34 and 38 is what I heard.

About what PHS will do the next time they play LCHS:AngelPray :AngelPray :AngelPray
They got beat by 32 the 2nd game, Are you saying that they got beat by 38 the 3rd game?

Love how when Paintsville plays badly that it's really not an important game (and nobody has the guts to make game results public), but when they win one they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and are ready to take on the Lakers.

You guys really crack me up with these HUGE EGOS .
Good win Paintsville
I don't really like bread all that much Willy.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:They got beat by 32 the 2nd game, Are you saying that they got beat by 38 the 3rd game?

Love how when Paintsville plays badly that it's really not an important game (and nobody has the guts to make game results public), but when they win one they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and are ready to take on the Lakers.

You guys really crack me up with these HUGE EGOS .

It takes gutless people like you to hide behind a name and talk bad about the entire community of Paintsville. They got beat so what? Are they going to ever play those teams again? Are they from our state? Are they in our District? No, I don't, they learned a lot from getting beat, hopefully most teams do. No one said they could play the Lakers, but they can play with anyone in the 15th, no doubt about it.
well this is a real mature thread:baby:
This one is getting out of hand. Ridiculous, I mean seriously. I don't know the score and if I did I'd post it here and call the KHSAA hotline to report it so that everyone's panties can get out of a bunch. Paintsville got beat, 32 the second according to Chilly Willy. Maybe they did get beat 38 the third game, not real sure. I'm assuming like most of us Chilly, you have a job or wait are you too young to be on a work force?? So assuming you have a job or a family to tend to during the holiday season you weren't down there in Georgia with the team, so how would you really know how much the Tigers got beat by?? There were probably a group of 5 mothers that went to GA, with the team the rest of the parents had to stay here and work, get prepared for the holidays. If you think BMR is concerned about losing to a 5A State Championship caliber team from Florida you're dead wrong. BMR takes his teams to these tournaments, for one pure enjoyment, two to get his team bonded away from everyone at home including parents (maybe you should try that Chilly?) and thirdly as a learning experience. So more or less it is time for a vacation, leisure time, and enjoyment for the Tigers while they learn in more than one aspect of the game. Paintsville lost whoopty shit, it's not a big deal. They came back home and took care of business in their own tournament, granted yeah everyone thinks they got home cookin' but obviously a few of the blackcat fans are open enough to see how good Paintsville could be. Paintsville left out the 21 or 22 came back on Christmas eve, spent time with their families, had practice Monday and went to work on their tournament Tuesday. Seems to me that if anything due to fatigue the Tigers would have an excuse to not play well, but that didn't happen either. No I'm not saying by any means that Paintsville is world beaters, but their first 6 players are starting to jell as a team where as everyone was concerned about Paintsville losing and not having enough balls to go around. Looks like BMR and his troops has that problem ironed out. Congrats to the Tigers and Good Luck the rest of the season. Obviously you still have a lot to prove, continue to do so.
Yada, Yada, Yada. Rattle on boys!! Rattle on!!

What was the score guys?

I assume it is JR VanHooses's job to report this stuff? Is he not the stat man?

Again I say you are real big on doing the bragging on the good stuff, but play osterich with your heads in the sand when you get pounded (you know...I didn't see it so it didn't happen).

Comeon , have the guts to make the score public.

I know that one of you guys can make a phone call and find out what the deal was , if you had the guts to put it on this board. So far, I'm not seeing that.

Just where is all that TIGER PRIDE!!!!!!!! All I see is a bunch of TIGER EGO!!!!
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Yada, Yada, Yada. Rattle on boys!! Rattle on!!

What was the score guys?

I assume it is JR VanHooses's job to report this stuff? Is he not the stat man?

Again I say you are real big on doing the bragging on the good stuff, but play osterich with your heads in the sand when you get pounded (you know...I didn't see it so it didn't happen).

Comeon , have the guts to make the score public.

I know that one of you guys can make a phone call and find out what the deal was , if you had the guts to put it on this board. So far, I'm not seeing that.

Just where is all that TIGER PRIDE!!!!!!!! All I see is a bunch of TIGER EGO!!!!

Buddy just give it a rest... they didn't play till 10:00 p.m. on the night they were scheduled to leave, then had an 8 eight hour drive home... by the time they get home it's Christmas Eve... do you think anyone CARED to REMEMBER what the score was... I mean I went to the game Thursday at the Hoops Classic, came home and was asking people what the score was because I had forgot already... this issue has been beaten to death and I'm sure if anyone knew the score they would have posted to shut you up... and their you ago ASSuming... if you have been to any of our games you would have noticed J.R. sits on the bench and coaches and doesn't keep the books anymore...
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:Buddy just give it a rest... they didn't play till 10:00 p.m. on the night they were scheduled to leave, then had an 8 eight hour drive home... by the time they get home it's Christmas Eve... do you think anyone CARED to REMEMBER what the score was... I mean I went to the game Thursday at the Hoops Classic, came home and was asking people what the score was because I had forgot already... this issue has been beaten to death and I'm sure if anyone knew the score they would have posted to shut you up... and their you ago ASSuming... if you have been to any of our games you would have noticed J.R. sits on the bench and coaches and doesn't keep the books anymore...
That is just my point. Nobody cares to remember because that's one you cant spout off and brag about.

I thought that JR was the expert on Paintsville Basketball history. Even if he is not the stat guy this year, it seems like he would know the score. Did anybody try asking him. You have 2 coaches for every player sitting on the bench, I have a hard time believing that not one single person knows anything about that game.

It just seems that you care enough to post the first game of the tournament which was a win......Skip the two that you got your brains beat in..............and then post the next 4 that you win.

Pure Bush League.
Clean this thread up or it will be closed.
Look on khsaa for scores. They end up there eventually. Their first loss was by 32 and the second was by 13.
So by the first post i found out that P'ville beat Seneca.. Good job guys

After that i have read nothing worth reading.

Who cares that they lost a couple games in GA?? I mean seriously.. I haven't seen on here anywhere where P'ville people think they are world beaters.. No more than anyone else that thinks their team has a chance of winning...

I've said it before the 15th is the weakest region in the state.. So i could just imagine taking one of the stronger teams from the region to a place where some schools really know how to play ball, is a learning exp..

Give it a rest.. .Every team loses from time to time.. You learn from your mistakes and keep on goin.. and that's what Paintsville seems to be doin..