Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Track & Field Results
From my understanding the state games have began in Louisville today. So if any of you have any information or results from the meet, please share.
Dakota Cornet of Letcher Co Central was state runner up in shot put, and 3rd in disc. He will be back next year. Congrats Dakota!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Results:

http://www.khsaa.org/track/2010/index.html
Caleb Watkins placed 9th .06 out of medal contention with a season best 11.38 run in the 100 meter dash. This was only his 6th race ever run. He has signed to play football with EKU this fall.
If Letcher Central can get some runners out next year for boys track, I think we can get our region title back. I know a lot of P-Burg football players ran track, and I wish that we would encourage more football players to come out. We do have a lot coming back, and will be in contention but I think it would get even better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:If Letcher Central can get some runners out next year for boys track, I think we can get our region title back. I know a lot of P-Burg football players ran track, and I wish that we would encourage more football players to come out. We do have a lot coming back, and will be in contention but I think it would get even better.

The players that run track at Prestonsburg are usually your better football players, because they stay in shape during the off-season.

I think track helps football players out tremendously.
Highlands girls team won their 3rd straight team title. They will lose no scorers from this years team and have young talent joining the team next year to make them even stronger. Look for them to 4-peat next year.
A lot of people light bulb doesn't go off when it comes to how other sports helps other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!