Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Letcher Co Central Track Team
Just wanted to say congrats to Letcher Central for doing a awesome job in track. I will post each region and region runner up. Girls team was overall region champ, and boys placed 3rd. Have a lot of people returning next year. Good Luck in the state and here was the winners and runners up in both boys and girls.

Nicole Banks won 100 200 and 400 meter dash. If I am not mistaken she won it also last year as a freshman.

Kelsey Mullins regional runner up in the 800 and 1600 meter run.
Freddi Adams regional runner up in the 3200 meter run.
Ashley Johnson regional runner up in the 100 meter hurdles.
Haley Whitaker regional runner up in the 300 meter hurdles.
LCC Team region runner up in 4x200 meter relay.
LCC Team won 4x400 meter relay.
Lyndey Kincer won the High Jump
Caitlin Collier regional runner up in shot put.
Shannon Bays won the disc throw.

All together 6 individual regional titles, and 6 regional runners up.

James Gose won 400 meter dash
Letcher Central team won 4x400 relay.
Letcher Central team regional runner up in the 4x800 meter relay.
Dakota Cornet won both the shot put and disc regional title.

All together 4 regional titles and 1 regional runner up.

That is a grand total of 10 individual regional titles and 7 regional runner up. Not bad for a team that doesn't even have a track field. Coach Sally Hubbard does a awesome job, and so does her teams. Again Good Luck at State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Agree Cougar Pride congratulations to the teams. They had an awesome year. I also agree that Sally Hubbard is a great coach and I have never heard any of the athletes utter a bad word about her. She seems to get the best out of them all and shows no favortism what so ever. What a coach and what a team. And like you said not even a track to practice on. Just think what if they had that I am sure Coach Hubbard would have several state champions to boast about. Letcher Central has built a dynamic football field, baseball field and basketball arena. Where is the track??????? Taking back burners to everything else as always. And the sad part about it is the fact that most track athletes are truly your best overall athletes. NO DOUBT!!!!!!!
The track program are the most successful program at the school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Volleyball is unparalleled at LCC.
UKisN1 Wrote:Volleyball is unparalleled at LCC.

I agree 100%
Competition in volleyball in the 14th region compare to regional track is totally different.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I have watched both. Not going to slight anyone on their accomplishments.
Me personally I have to give the edge to the track to team due to where they started to where they are now. The volleyball team is always expected to win region, but it wasn't always the case for the track team. They don't have a field to run on so there is no way to honor there seniors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

What you are saying is not necessarily the most successful, but the most improved(under adverse circumstances)
No what I am saying is with competition, the track team faces better competition than the volleyball team does. The 14th region in volleyball is weak, and the strength of schedule is lower that what the track team does. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we win every year in volleyball, but I just feel that what the track team has accomplished in two years outdoes everything the volleyball team has done in 5 years. Don't forget how close we came to a state champ in track this year, and how close we are going to get next year if not get it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Well, I think it is difficult to make comparisons of a team sport with an individual sport as in track they compete in classes. Track is also down in this area as the times of many events are slower then what they were in the eighties.
Agreed.
They are both great programs and congratulations to both volleyball and track. And let me say volleyball does not get the publisity it deserves either. Again one of the best if not the best programs at LCC is taking seats behind some of the less successful programs.
tcb Wrote:They are both great programs and congratulations to both volleyball and track. And let me say volleyball does not get the publisity it deserves either. Again one of the best if not the best programs at LCC is taking seats behind some of the less successful programs.

You are 100% correct. This is an excellent statement that is absolutely on target.
tcb Wrote:They are both great programs and congratulations to both volleyball and track. And let me say volleyball does not get the publisity it deserves either. Again one of the best if not the best programs at LCC is taking seats behind some of the less successful programs.

Track doesn't get the attention either, but I think that it is cool that we can agree to disagree with this. Regional champ is regional champ no matter what. Some schools don't get that far. We are just blessed to have great kids who work hard, and we will be even better of a program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!