Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell County hires Aric Russell
CAMPBELL COUNTY SCHOOLS – A new coach will take to the hardwood for Campbell County High School for the 2010-11 school year. Aric Russell of Alexandria has accepted the position as head varsity coach of the Camels.

Russell comes to CCHS after spending the last 9 years working as a teacher and the head basketball coach for Newport High School. Last season he led the Newport team to win the 9th region All A Championship.

“I’m excited to have the opportunity to come to Campbell County and I hope we can do well as a team,” said Russell who will teach social studies in addition to coaching.

Russell is no stranger to Campbell County Schools. A 1989 CCHS graduate, he has coached several basketball teams in the CCS youth basketball program in which his children played.

“I’m excited to bring Coach Russell back to Campbell County Schools. I remember watching him play and I’ve watched him coach. He’s going to bring an incredible will to win to CCHS,” said CCHS Principal Renée Boots. “He’s a quality teacher, coach and individual. He will be an enhancement to our classroom and our athletics.”

Russell was selected as the new coach by a committee made up of parents, teachers and administrators many of whom have coaching backgrounds. He will hold his first meeting with his players on Tuesday, June 1.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/0...s-russell/