Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Power Hitter in the 15th Region
"schs_catcher#3" Wrote:What?!??! I would love to see someone hit double digit homeruns, if shes as good as you say I'll give her about 7 or so homeruns, but around here I don't think anyone is gonna hit double digit homeruns...sorry I'm not trying to be mean, but I just can't see that happening. Good Luck Though!

I think she will hit in the double digits this season, shes to good not to!!!
Jesikah Russell of Paintsville had 5 Homeruns last year as a Freshman and hit the ball well against Bentley...Paintsville didn't play East Ridge or Belfry though...But I think Russell is a Pretty good Power Hitter...And I did not say she was the best...I just said she is good for her age...I think Softball is most Definitely her ticket to College, that is if she don't start workin on her Basketball skills...But this thread is about Softball so that's all IMO...Good Luck To ALL 15th Region Players This Year!!!
[quote author=BUNDY link=topic=16268.msg134631#msg134631 date=1136216114]
She hit one at Paintsville, 2 in one game vs Betsy Layne, 2 in one game vs South Floyd and one in the regional tournament vs belfry.  She is one of the top players in the 15th region.
[/quote]

WOW...all are powerhouses in the 15th!  How many "hits", just hits,  did she have against the East Ridge, Pikeville, Shelby Valley?  If she hits a homerun off of any of the "Big Three" let me know.  Until then, I will view these HR's as nothing more than pre-game batting practice or soft toss.  I saw the HR against Belfry...it was impressive, but it did not come against one of the regions elite pitchers.
[quote author=Diamond Lady link=topic=16268.msg211106#msg211106 date=1142351344]
[quote author=BUNDY link=topic=16268.msg134631#msg134631 date=1136216114]
She hit one at Paintsville, 2 in one game vs Betsy Layne, 2 in one game vs South Floyd and one in the regional tournament vs belfry.  She is one of the top players in the 15th region.
[/quote]

WOW...all are powerhouses in the 15th!  How many "hits", just hits,  did she have against the East Ridge, Pikeville, Shelby Valley?  If she hits a homerun off of any of the "Big Three" let me know.  Until then, I will view these HR's as nothing more than pre-game batting practice or soft toss.  I saw the HR against Belfry...it was impressive, but it did not come against one of the regions elite pitchers.
[/quote]

Great point...everyone needs to watch the Border War Tournament at East Ridge.  There you will see excellent pitching from KY & VA teams and maybe a dinger.  No offense, but the pitching just isn't in the rest of the 15th region.  The truly good teams have it and play the bunt and hope for a timely hit, not the home run.  Good pitching stops good hitting.  Big difference in bp fastballs and ER, SV, & Pikeville pitching.

in  my opinion, i think a homerun is a homerun no matter who the pitcher is or who the team is.
        i think it is pretty good if you can just get a homerun. if you can then u are a pretty good player.
        she in my opinion is an all around athlete.
Boss Hogg Wrote:That's why I'll take Chapman...hit all three well last year. Two ground rule doubles off Bentley in regional. Colvin is an excellent player, is Pikeville's catcher back? Bentley is a very good all round player. I also like the 3b from SV, the catcher from Phelps, JC 2b...nice gloves & the way Pikeville's pitcher keeps the ball down.

Outstanding ballplayer here. ALL-Around athlete... she played little league baseball with a group of boys who were rough and she held her own.... Erica B. from Phelps is a wonderful kid who doesn't let her abilities go to her head either. She is good and from my understanding, she had a HR at Phelps field... that was a SHOT!!!! Smile
gonna agree with Jessikah Russell