Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nickle the new coach at Greenup County
Nickle was hired today in the library of GCHS in front of the basketball players. Didn't have any idea of getting offered. Adkins turned down job and Dunaway offered Nickle the job. I hope the parents and the community will approve on this one. Maybe this will be a better beginning for the Musketeers. Goodluck.
Good luck to the new coach.
who is Nickel????
I thought it was spelled Nickell.
I've heard Nickle, Nickell, Nickles, Nickels. Not for sure.
what's his whole name?
Jeff Nickel is the name and proper spelling. Don't know anymore than that about him or his coaching background.
Congratulations to Jeff. Good luck to Coach Nickel!!!!!!!!

Also to Jim Dunaway, Brad Stultz, and Danny Wright your efforts in this hiring process is much appreciated.
Questionable hire based on his experience. Word at GC is that he was the only candidate left that was willing to accept.
Good Luck to Jeff. Tough situation knowing you were the last choice and only got the job because no one else wanted it. OH WELL, Dunaway should lose his job if this doesnt work out for GC.
Man Rufus u just get right to the bone of the matter dont you. A most desired trait in my eyes.
Where did he come from? HC Experience?
Is it true that GC has not won a game this summer and that some younger players have quit and varsity players are refusing to work out or play??

Sad day in Muskie land.
It's a football school now.
Only a football school if they win. Maybe a band school or cheerleading. Who really knows other than they are in desperate need of leadership.
jakelegg Wrote:Only a football school if they win. Maybe a band school or cheerleading. Who really knows other than they are in desperate need of leadership.
I was just kidding about football school. I think the community seems to be swaying that direction. Personally, I think it would serve the whole bunch right if the basketball kids bailed. Hate to say that, but when has the school not been in desperate need of leadership?
Have you heard that a couple of prominent players are going to schools in Ohio next year?
jakelegg Wrote:Have you heard that a couple of prominent players are going to schools in Ohio next year?
Always hear that Trey will go to Ironton, same rumor, different year.
Greenup is canceling the rest of the summer games due to a lack of participation of the players.
One part of me says why should they put anything into it? Everybody has quit on them and put them in this position. All they have ever heard is negative, negative, negative. No matter how hard they have tried. Then the principal turns around and lets "willy" decide who their new coach is. But they have some very talented kids on that team. Talent that Nickel has no idea how to manage. At this point, nothing short of a miracle will fix this. I for one hope these kids get their miracle and will support them no matter what.
I think it is time for a meeting with the GREAT LEADERS OF GREENUP COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL. This is a good group players that didnt need a lot of fixing. It already shows that this new coach has no control over them. I dont care if they have 5 to 10 players showing up they need to play and practice. Some are still with baseball and some are with football. The coach needs to take control with the ones he has or give it up and let a real coach take over!!!! It has turned into a big joke again at GREENUP COUNTY no wonder the players want to leave.
Maybe the great leaders should have got the boys together and asked them their opinion on who they would like as coach. The adults have done a good job of making a mockery out of the bball program. I say lets let the players have a say. I bet they could get it right!