Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Jones says he's still committed to Washington
The Oregonian caught up with Terrence Jones today and asked him the question every one is talking about.
He has a big physics final exam coming, so Terrence Jones figures he'll study this weekend. There's a senior project to prepare for as well. And he'll probably call his sister, away at college, because it's what he's always done.

More importantly, what's it gonna be kid?

Right?

That's become the big question to ask the Jefferson High basketball star this week. It won't go away. And it's not the question any of us might have expected after last Friday when Jones sat in a gymnasium at a news conference with six baseball caps on the table in front of him and, after some noticeable stalling, chose the University of Washington.

Jones picked Washington, but didn't sign a letter of intent. Key point. What followed this week was the revelation by those close to Jones that the kid walked into that news conference and chose the Huskies not because he was certain, but because he was tired of being squeezed by the pressure.

"I'm still committed to Washington," Jones said on Wednesday, "but I'm not willing to sign anything at this point."

His word, but not his signature.

He also went on to say Coach Cal did not call him, he called Coach Cal.

Also, there were erroneous news reports about Kentucky coach John Calipari calling Jones in the wake of the announcement, too. Jones insists he called Calipari, not the other way around. (More on Kentucky coach John Calipari.)

"I called all five of the coaches that I didn't pick," he said.

http://www.nationofblue.com/terrence-jon...gton-1064/
Hope he takes his time and makes the right choice for him..<cough> UK <cough>
He also went on to say Coach Cal did not call him, he called Coach Cal.

Also, there were erroneous news reports about Kentucky coach John Calipari calling Jones in the wake of the announcement, too. Jones insists he called Calipari, not the other way around. (More on Kentucky coach John Calipari.)

I hope this makes it clear to the haters.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He also went on to say Coach Cal did not call him, he called Coach Cal.

I hope this makes it clear to the haters.

The haters are gonna hate regardless. But when you see UK getting all the media attention and all the epsn coverage, you know WE ARE BACK on top. Go Big Blue!!!!!!! :rockon:
I do not really think that this is too important in the decision making process for Terrence. I know that this whole time he was technically still commited be things still surfaced that he was looking into other options. Why would a statement that confirms what everyone already knew, change what his decision will be. I think that he announces on the last day of the signing period and I am still a big believer that he will be a Cat. If he has this many second guesses I think that he is thinking too much about the potential to got to UK. I really hope it happens and I want Terrencegate to be over asap.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this kid just likes to play games with the media.