Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second thoughts for Terrence Jones?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Until he signs his letter of intent then there is still nothing more than a verbal commitment which is not binding in any way.

My bad got confused and didn't realize you were talking about Ross.:Thumbs:
Latest is that he apparently has given a slient verbal to the Cats as according to: http://twitter.com/coachblevins

I am not getting excited until I here something concrete!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jones gives verbal to uk according to brett blevins
Wow this a shocker...I just dont see cal going much longer with a violation
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Wow this a shocker...I just dont see cal going much longer with a violation

The LOI was not signed, that warrants no penalty. Cal was told by Jones, he was coming and he is having his regrets, and told coach why. How is that a penalty.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The LOI was not signed, that warrants no penalty. Cal was told by Jones, he was coming and he is having his regrets, and told coach why. How is that a penalty.

Show me a link to where jones called cal! Most coaches will not talk to a player that has verballed...Im just saying you think that cal sit back and didnt call jones all week!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Here ya go bud.
http://www.nationofblue.com/terrence-jones-update-1023/

Im sure Cal called him through out the week. Im sure that is how he got work that Jones was coming.
[SIZE="4"]
Jefferson AD Says Jones Will Stay With Washington

http://www.nationofblue.com/jefferson-ad...gton-1027/
^ Saw that. However, I think that it was just opinion and not really backed by a fact.
[SIZE="4"]
im confused. so where is he going play at next year. i would like to see him at Kentucky but i wish he would make up his mind.
I dont think that the kid even knows. I hope something leaks out here pretty soon.
[SIZE="4"]
I told you guys once and I will say it again. Jones wants to be at UK. Jones was going to pick UK, but guys like Terrence Ross convinced him at the last second to choose Washington. He does not want to go to Washington which is why he is backing out.

Now, I'm not going to say he will end up at UK (which in my heart I think he will), but fact is, he wants to be at Kentucky, but is now in a situation to where he has to face the people of the Northwest and is afraid of the reaction the fans may show towards him if he chooses the Cats.

I'm still going to say that in the end, he will choose UK.

And to theVille, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. You would be better off just keeping quiet and keeping a close eye on which other recruit Pitino is going to lose to Calipari. Jones called Cal, like all recruits do when they pick a different school just to tell that coach they picked someone else, and Cal was wondering what had happened. Jones, imo, had given UK the thumbs up this past week thus the reason Leslie picked NC State so sudden. Once Jones announced for Washington and called Cal, Cal is now questioning what happened and why he isn't coming to UK like he signaled he was going to. And if you think that Pitino, Crean, or anyone else isn't still calling Teague to persuade him, you are badly mistaken. It happens all the time. So quit trying to make your adulterer/pro-choice coach out to be a saint.
BCF4L Wrote:I told you guys once and I will say it again. Jones wants to be at UK. Jones was going to pick UK, but guys like Terrence Ross convinced him at the last second to choose Washington. He does not want to go to Washington which is why he is backing out.

Now, I'm not going to say he will end up at UK (which in my heart I think he will), but fact is, he wants to be at Kentucky, but is now in a situation to where he has to face the people of the Northwest and is afraid of the reaction the fans may show towards him if he chooses the Cats.

And to theVille, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. You would be better off just keeping quiet and keeping a close eye on which other recruit Pitino is going to lose to Calipari. Jones called Cal, like all recruits do when they pick a different school just to tell that coach they picked someone else, and Cal was wondering what had happened. Jones, imo, had given UK the thumbs up this past week thus the reason Leslie picked NC State so sudden. Once Jones announced for Washington and called Cal, Cal is now questioning what happened and why he isn't coming to UK like he signaled he was going to. And if you think that Pitino, Crean, or anyone else isn't still calling Teague to persuade him, you are badly mistaken. It happens all the time. So quit trying to make your adulterer/pro-choice coach out to be a saint.

:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:violations

Ofcorse, I think you want these "violations to happen" so your Cards might win another title before you turn into a old man.
BCF4L Wrote:I told you guys once and I will say it again. Jones wants to be at UK. Jones was going to pick UK, but guys like Terrence Ross convinced him at the last second to choose Washington. He does not want to go to Washington which is why he is backing out.

I love the truth, every word of it. Especially about the Ville not knowing what he is talking about.:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Magic shoe contract offers or something

theVILLE Wrote:violations

theVILLE Wrote:If this is true than somethingis fishy...

theVILLE Wrote:Wow this a shocker...I just dont see cal going much longer with a violation

Do you think that if you say it enough times, then it might actually happen? :biggrin:

Face it, you are grasping at straws here, as you hope against hope that something will happen with UK. There's nothing "fishy" going on here, as all the national news media agree that it is simply a case of a kid having second thoughts.

Then again, maybe Pitino could have had a shot at Jones if he had improved upon his earlier offer of a lifetime supply of linguine. :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More Cowbell Wrote:Do you think that if you say it enough times, then it might actually happen? :biggrin:

Face it, you are grasping at straws here, as you hope against hope that something will happen with UK. There's nothing "fishy" going on here, as all the national news media agree that it is simply a case of a kid having second thoughts.

Then again, maybe Pitino could have had a shot at Jones if he had improved upon his earlier offer of a lifetime supply of linguine. :Thumbs:

I think he is jealous of the fact that his school doesn't have 7 National Championships,or over 2000 wins,or 43 Conference Championships.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I think he is jealous of the fact that his school doesn't have 7 National Championships,or over 2000 wins,or 43 Conference Championships.
Or a coach with integrity. Louisville fans always harp on Cal for his lack of integrity, yet welcome Rick with open arms. Interesting....
WALL2WALL Wrote:I think he is jealous of the fact that his school doesn't have 7 National Championships,or over 2000 wins,or 43 Conference Championships.

That is nice and i do wish that my team had that...UK has the best tradition of anybody, i am not ashamed of that....Am i jealous of calapari...NOPE, not at all...I think he is slimy, cheater! He does get the recuits, i wont post how i think he does...as long as he doesnt get caught it ok i guess lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
BCF4L Wrote:Or a coach with integrity. Louisville fans always harp on Cal for his lack of integrity, yet welcome Rick with open arms. Interesting....

Integrity???He is a low down slimy cheater in my book...He is as good person that interact with the media and fans though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you think that if you say it enough times, then it might actually happen? :biggrin:

maybe pitino would had a chance if he used lebron or WWW to get recruits...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
WALL2WALL Wrote:Ofcorse, I think you want these "violations to happen" so your Cards might win another title before you turn into a old man.

What??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I read a newspaper report that Cal called him after he had committed to Washington.
I have to say whether it is a violation or not I don't think it is right. I wouldn't call somebody who had already committed. Now if the player called the coach and said I am opening recuiting back up, I'm not sure anymore then talk to them.
.And the report indicated Cal called him on the day he committed after he committed.
Excuse me. I was mistaken on who called who. The other thread shows a Seattle reporter jumped on Cal for him talking to Jones when Jones called him. If I were Cal at that point I would have just said Congradulations, I hope you enjoy it there. I wouldn't have made any indication I was interested in him coming to UK if he didn't indicate himself he wasn't committed to Washington and he had just publicly committed.
But I didnt' hear the conversation so I don't know what was said.
theVILLE Wrote:Integrity???He is a low down slimy cheater in my book...He is as good person that interact with the media and fans though...
Then why do you like Pitino? Last time I checked, Pitino has 2 NCAA Violations, Calipari has zero. And don't get me started with "cheating" as the only one cheating is Pitino on Pan Seared Halibut night at Porcini's.
theVILLE Wrote:maybe pitino would had a chance if he used lebron or WWW to get recruits...
And again, brings me to my next point, maybe Pitino should get out and make some contacts instead of chasing women around paying for abortions. You can blame Cal, WWW, and LeBron all you want, but WWW and LeBron have nothing to do with the recruiting Cal is doing. All I heard was the relationship between Wall and LeBron, yet Wall signs with a competitor agency firm. For them to be so "tight", he sure stabbed LeBron and WWW in the back, huh?