• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Jones commits to Washington
Kentucky

--->Washington<----

Kansas

Oklahoma

UCLA

Bad choice...bad loss for uk....o well
so which UK fan wants to be first and say you didn't need him and you think he'll be a flop?
What a joke of an announcement. Kid picks on the spot, I'm glad we didn't get him.
Guess he doesn't want to play for a winning team. Oh I'm sorry I should have said the Winningest Team in College History.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:What a joke of an announcement. Kid picks on the spot, I'm glad we didn't get him.

You're glad you didn't get the #13 player in the nation and the ideal player for Calipari's 4 spot in the DDMO?
already posted a thread dude......
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're glad you didn't get the #13 player in the nation and the ideal player for Calipari's 4 spot in the DDMO?

Did Orton hire an agent or something? Maybe he will come back. I think people freakin' a lil too early.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're glad you didn't get the #13 player in the nation and the ideal player for Calipari's 4 spot in the DDMO?

I guess you could call it a "heat of the moment" statement.

He's going there to be close to home and play with his former high school teammate Terrence Ross. It comes to a point when you have to get over what you would leave behind in order to do what's best for you. You don't forget where you've came from, but you need to do what's best for you. An opportunity to play at Kansas or Kentucky greatly tops Washington with your high school friend in my book.

I wish him well but I know he could have gotten much better out of his decision.
I wish him well and I can relate to him wanting to stay close to friends and family. I think that the Cats will be fine and we still have a fantastic year next year. Go ahead and get some 4 year players like Thronton.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big loss...but life goes on!
That it does. I will be one of the UK fans to say that this is a big loss but we will be fine with the way players develop in Cal's system. If Thornton wants some playing time I think that he may be a little bit of a diamond in the rough. I really wish Terrence Jones the best at Washington and I hope that the Huskies keep UCLA down for years to come.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sometimes as you say you must mommy and the comfort of home base. He will always regret not playing for the big boys. Washington wont ever be on TV and his coach will not have nearly the influence that Coach Cal would have going to the next level.
KSR is saying that Calipari called Jones 15 minutes after the announcement and Jones has not yet signed his LOI to Washington........second thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our lineup is looking a little small at this point. We gotta get a another reliable big man.

PG-Knight
SG-Lamb
SF-Liggins
PF-Miller
C-Kantar

Harrleson
Hood
Stacey Poole Jr.
Polson
-----------

Thats it, at this point. We gotta get some numbers in a hurry, does anyone know if Elisha Justice can still come to UK? The lineup at this point would have him backing up Knight, and playing around 20 min a game.
Overrated Wrote:Did Orton hire an agent or something? Maybe he will come back. I think people freakin' a lil too early.

Orton has not been to class since January. He would need more than not having an agent in order to be back at UK next year.
This stinks! When did Elite college players start wanting to stay close to home? Jones and Leslie REALLY hurt!
ComfortEagle Wrote:KSR is saying that Calipari called Jones 15 minutes after the announcement and Jones has not yet signed his LOI to Washington........second thoughts?

Yeah right. Just like Lamb was not on UK radar. Kid had picked between UConn and WVU. Then, POOF, the kid picks UK.