Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Cal's secret message on twitter was...
To have a JV team. He just talked about on twitter. If we would have decoded it correct the other day it would have said "having a varsity team plus aJV team"
I think that it would be pretty cool to see this. I guess it would allow for a lot more Kentucky kids to experience it.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We use to have a JV football team at UK didn't we?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:We use to have a JV football team at UK didn't we?

Yes, we did. I believe, it was Mumme that implemented that or am I mistaken?
cougarpride08 Wrote:We use to have a JV football team at UK didn't we?

Kentucky still plays one JV football game a year.
I dont completly understand....JV players wouldnt be on scholarship...so what would get them to UK?

Would players just be walk-on? It would be hard to get an entire team to Walk -on...instead of attending somewhere like Morehead state.
JV teams ended 10 years ago. Schools do not fund them anymore. I'd be curious to know who they would play. There is still some schools that have a JV baseball team, but those teams rarely play more than 5-8 games per year. I have a player that I coached that is a Freshman at Bluffton and he said his JV team has played the equivalent of 12 innings since the season started.

Not sure what you would accomplish in a JV Basketball team. In Basketball, the games used to be played the night before the regular season game. That would mean instead of arriving the evening before a game, you would have to arrive in the early afternoon. That would require another missed day of school. I don't see that happening with the number of games that are played now.