Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Leslie to NC State
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Definitely..Im not talking about all UK fans. Not at all. You know which ones Im talking about, lol..the ones that expect 37-0 national championship seasons every year..

Obviously, that's rediculous. However, with 6 potential first round picks, UK should of won it last year. No excuses about it.
To me this is a big let down...now we do have some great recruits coming no doubt about it but this was a player we needed badly IMO...no we have to put all our focus on getting Jones or IMO we could watch a double digit losing season...GO CATS!!!
Crazy Horse Wrote:To me this is a big let down...now we do have some great recruits coming no doubt about it but this was a player we needed badly IMO...no we have to put all our focus on getting Jones or IMO we could watch a double digit losing season...GO CATS!!!

maybe know some of them will stay a little longer and maybe win it all..
Aslan Wrote:Obviously, that's rediculous. However, with 6 potential first round picks, UK should of won it last year. No excuses about it.

This statement might be true if some, not just one, of those draft picks were upperclassmen. Everyone still has to remember that they were young men-Teenagers! EXPECTING them to when a national championship in their first year as teammates is unfair to them. If they all came back for another season, with the addition of maybe one or two decent recruits, (especially a shooter) then I would have almost guaranteed a title to anyone I talked to.
Aslan Wrote:Obviously, that's rediculous. However, with 6 potential first round picks, UK should of won it last year. No excuses about it.

It's 6 first round pick based entirely on "Potential", not maturity level. Let's not confuse the fact that the Freshman WERE Freshman. You have to look at the teams that play in the Championship game every year have an excellent balance between Youth and experience. The Fab Five was a one and only instance. Name me another time when a TEAM of freshman made it as far? So, I disgaree with you that this team should have won because of 6 First Rounders.

Lebron would have been a first rounder when he was a Sophomore in High School, it does not mean that he was mature enough to lead a team to a championship. He would have been a First rounder based on potential, so let's not say that Potential is enough to win Championships.
Aslan Wrote:UNC was preseason top 5, with two returning seniors and a top 5 recruiting class. So I don't think it's as far fetched as you believe. Talent wise, UNC was more talented than almost everybody they played, but they just didn't play well together + injuries. If this new team don't mesh well together and has a few bad breaks, UK could very well be in the NIT.

I dont know about all that now.. We wont go that far..

--As far as CJ leslie going to NC State, what a waste... Coulda been on a good team like UK and blows it.. NC State won't be doing anything special this season unless it's Leslie packing them on his back.
I really do hope that NC St gives Duke and Carolina a good run for that ACC crown next year. I know that they have a lot of talent on there now.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]