Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky
Aslan Wrote:That's a weak excuse. Cmon man.

Explain to me how that is an excuse. Your argument has no explanation. Looks to me like that is what's "weak".
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Explain to me how that is an excuse. Your argument has no explanation. Looks to me like that is what's "weak".

LOL.
Bc Cal was not at a traditional power gives him the right to cheat? Cmon bro.
theVILLE Wrote:Actually For some reason every team CAl coaches he leaves them in trouble or some kind of recruiting violation! That is a fact!

Once again... Cal has zero recruiting violations against him solely. Pitino...not so much.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Once again... Cal has zero recruiting violations against him solely. Pitino...not so much.

Cal gets out of town right before all this came out...and he is slick and gets out of alot but for real you going to say that cal has never cheated at getting recruits?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Pitino was an assistant coach in this as well...Oh and cal let family ride free on trips as well and if not mistaken Marcus Camby drove a new vehicle....So the difference is Pitino bought his players a bigmac....get real lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Aslan Wrote:LOL.
Bc Cal was not at a traditional power gives him the right to cheat? Cmon bro.

If you read my whole argument, I said that William Wesley was the cause of the blemishes of Cal's past. Cal hasn't been directly linked in any way to what happened at UMass and Memphis (because frankly he wasn't involved).

You can argue that it happened on Cal's watch, therefore he is ultimately responsible. But in my opinion, he can't control what other people do, meaning he has no blame to take. So, I'm not too worried about Cal illegally doing things at Kentucky.
theVILLE Wrote:Cal gets out of town right before all this came out...and he is slick and gets out of alot but for real you going to say that cal has never cheated at getting recruits?

Not according to the NCAA he hasn't and that is all that matters.
Here's the way I look at Cal's recruiting:

The days of payers going to a University alone and trying to be "the man" are coming to a close. With how long these guys play AAU, more and more of them are becoming great friends, and they're starting to go places together. It's not even so much about who the coach is anymore, but where some of the guys think they can play at and succeed and get ready for the NBA. Calipari just so happens to have an amazing offense which lets players show their talents and NBA scouts can get a good idea of how their game will translate to the NBA by watching the DDMO.
theVILLE Wrote:Pitino was an assistant coach in this as well...Oh and cal let family ride free on trips as well and if not mistaken Marcus Camby drove a new vehicle....So the difference is Pitino bought his players a bigmac....get real lol

This is not a piece of circumstancial evidence you would want to bring up.

During Pitino's tenure at UK there were more than enough stories of his players driving nice vehicles to offset this rumor. In fact, I would say there are some Cardinals right now who have nice rides.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is not a piece of circumstancial evidence you would want to bring up.

During Pitino's tenure at UK there were more than enough stories of his players driving nice vehicles to offset this rumor. In fact, I would say there are some Cardinals right now who have nice rides.

really??? Who would that be...Patterson is driving a big escalade right now as well??? what you say to that lol...This brings up my point! EVERY COACH DOES THIS! SOME GET CAUGHT SOME DONT....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Ive done some research and from what i can find out Cal is associated with WWW and he can get the players with a contract for NIKE and a shoe deal...like Cal got a Marquis brother a contract with nike and promised Marquis one as well...Wes was also sited big with Lebron and got his shoe contract going...Makes perfect since as for why the big time players are coming to cal now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
apparently Cal and Wes have a deal with gilchrist as well
http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2009/03/30/...-wide-wes/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:really??? Who would that be...Patterson is driving a big escalade right now as well??? what you say to that lol...This brings up my point! EVERY COACH DOES THIS! SOME GET CAUGHT SOME DONT....

Tywanna and Buster Patterson are very wealthy my friend.
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=23993
Here is alink saying that Lebron and Cal is connected heavy to Wes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
You ppl just bashing on coach cal cause you know l'ville couldn't buy their way past the first round of the nit and pitino is all washed up and had to take uk's sloppy seconds with him but hey you all got a promising class coming in lmao so keep your chins up
theVILLE Wrote:Ive done some research and from what i can find out Cal is associated with WWW and he can get the players with a contract for NIKE and a shoe deal...like Cal got a Marquis brother a contract with nike and promised Marquis one as well...Wes was also sited big with Lebron and got his shoe contract going...Makes perfect since as for why the big time players are coming to cal now

HAHA ....listening to UL fans lets you hear more conspiracy theories then the JFK shooting.

Do you have one inkling of hard proof showing that Cal himself provided a shoe contract to Teague, his brother, or any other past player of his? For that matter, cite me one article that even directly shows WWW getting these guys a contract.

You think Lebron getting a shoe deal has anything to do with anything besides the fact that LBJ is one of the single most hyped recruits and most marketable players to come in the league since Jordan?

I just find it comical how UL fans are crying foul when there is absolutely no conclusive proof Cal did anything shady:

- They cite his "last minute meeting", yet Teague openly said his father met with UC, UK, UL, and Indiana in the final days and he met WITH NONE OF THE COACHES. The reason for the meeting was for his father to give the news in person to each coach that he had made his decision.

- They say that Lebron called Teague at the last minute... Teague was asked in his press conference to which he said "I wish he would have... that would have been cool".

- They say Cal only appeared at the last minute..Cal has been after Teague for about a year now. As soon as he arrived at UK he pursued Teague and the reason teague postponed his first announcement directly dealt wit Cal becoming the UK Head Coach.

- They say Cal did under the table tactics to get him. PITINO HIRED HIS COACH AS AN ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Pitino was using dirty tactics on the table (in more ways than one..Heeeyyyyooo!)

- Card fans say that his brother convinced him only because he got a shoe deal. Keep in mind...his brother also chose NOT to play for Pitino and instead went to Wake Forest. That tells me that the odds of Pitino (who has NEVER put a PG in the NBA lottery as far as I can remember) getting a glowing endorsement from Jeff Teague...who plays numerous games against Cal prodigies in the NBA.... were not in his favor from the start.

- UL fans claim Teague has been a lock all along and are shocked that he suddenly had a flip-flop at the last second. The fact is he has postponed committing to UL TWICE since Cal came along. Pitino has a great relationship with Teague's father, but it is very clear that Teague chose the school who would best help his chances of getting to the NBA. The late information on Tuesday suggesting Teague to UL came from either UL outlets or from pure rumors. Jerry Meyer from Rivals said throughout he felt Teague was going to UK.

I just feel bad for Teague's old coach on Pitino's staff...he is going to be relegated to being Pitino's bodyguard for his next Porcini's escapade now.
No matter how you look at it, Cal has a shady past and a final four banner taken away from Memphis and UMASS. Will the same happen to UK? I hope not, but there's a chance.
Aslan Wrote:No matter how you look at it, Cal has a shady past and a final four banner taken away from the schools he coached at, Memphis and UMASS. Will the same happen to UK? I hope not, but there's a chance.

Word as it above and I will agree. But, Rick Pitino is no angel and for UL fans to be up in arms is hypocritical at best. Pitino didn't get the nickname "Slick Rick" because of his hair gel.
Nope Pitino is not an angel...I dont trust him at all....Do like him as a coach (yes he is my favorite) do i think he has cheated at recruiting yes i do...Do i think Cal has yes i do...There thats all in the open....But look at all my other post...I said teague would be a cat...And what teenager would turn down a shoe contract, really? I mean it obvius once you take the blue shades off...
WWW is buddie with lebron and cal...Cal uses WWW to use Lebron to get his recruits...Its proven that WWW has been there in the past...Yahoo, World wide wes...Everything on ther eis about Cal!!!! You cant deny that he has had a shady past...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:You ppl just bashing on coach cal cause you know l'ville couldn't buy their way past the first round of the nit and pitino is all washed up and had to take uk's sloppy seconds with him but hey you all got a promising class coming in lmao so keep your chins up

my chin is high??? Coach cal has a shady past....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
outdoorsman43 Wrote:What does Eddie Sutton have to do with John Calipari?

- I can see scandals at Memphis and UMass (those two were absolute no-name schools before Cal got there), but not UK. Cal has everything he needs here to recruit under the strict guidelines of the NCAA.

cough - Eddie Sutton - cough
I dont see how he could come into a team that was in the NIT...Not really had any great sucess in 4 or 5 years and suddenly there getting 4 out of the 5 top recruits with out something going on!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
hope he doesnt get us in trouble
theVILLE Wrote:I dont see how he could come into a team that was in the NIT...Not really had any great sucess in 4 or 5 years and suddenly there getting 4 out of the 5 top recruits with out something going on!

because he is The "great" John Calipari
theVILLE Wrote:I dont see how he could come into a team that was in the NIT...Not really had any great sucess in 4 or 5 years and suddenly there getting 4 out of the 5 top recruits with out something going on!

Because players love his offense! They love that they get to play their games and show the scouts what they can do. And who wouldnt want to come to UK the most decorated basketball program in history, The best fans in the nation! What would stop them from coming here?
Wow is the theVille 14?

I think he believes everything on the internet is truth. First of all WWW funnels players to all kinds of schools. He doesnt go out and try and meet players, they come to him and ask advice because of his history with other players and the respect he is given by coaches and players. When these kids are growing up and getting recruited they have dozens of adults pulling them every which way, due to the reputation WWW has developed over the years as being a guy who looks out for the players best interest, sometimes players or their parents seek him out for advice.

Everyone thinks its a Cal thin but its not, he goes to UNC games, KU games, eats dinner and goes to Duke games. That is why he is called WORLDWIDE Wes, not Kentucky Wes.

Cal has zero recruiting violations. The Rose thing imo is a joke, the fact the NCAA stripped those wins shows their ineptitude to be a fair organization. Why is UCONN still even allowed to play after what went on there a few years ago? USC should not even be able to field a football team for a decade for what has happened there. And will they ever punish UCLA for what went on there in the 60's and 70's? Atleast go back and take away the wins. I dont expect any punishment on their program now. The Camby thing was Camby's doing, if a player wants to go behind the programs back and accept benefits from an agent there's really nothing a school or coach can do.

As for Patterson's new car, his parents bought that, and after it was brought up by a reporter Mrs. Patterson quickly corrected that fool.

Lets face it, Pitino got an asst. coaches wife pregnant and paid for her to have an abortion. Thats gonna hurt him on the recruiting trail.
theVILLE Wrote:plays favorites? really...I think if favorites are played toward anybody Uk and kansas has to be thrown in there with them

Do you even know what im talking about?

When Corey Maggette was a Duke Blue Devil he'd illegally recieved payments and had admitted to doing so.
How the NCAA could determine that Maggette didn't know he was taking money from Piggie is tough to understand, particularly when Maggette had long ago testified under oath that he, you know, took money from Piggie. Hilarious, right? But the key point is how the NCAA basically said Duke wasn't penalized because it did not know and should not have known that Maggette was ineligible. Meanwhile, Duke's 1999 Final Four banner still flies high.

In July 2005, KU released a report stating that they had violated an NCAA extra benefit rule during Williams' tenure. KU opted against self-imposing penalties.However, in 2006, the NCAA, after conducting its own investigation, decided to impose penalties. In reaching its decision, the NCAA noted that two boosters, one since 1988, had provided graduation gifts to outgoing basketball players with the knowledge of Williams. Gene Marsh, chair of the infractions committee, said there was no thought of now penalizing former KU coach Roy Williams for approving small cash gifts to graduating seniors.

Now tell me about Favorites?
we are back and it is awesome His name is Coach Cal and he is AWESOME
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballcrazy Wrote:Things are already going on in Lexington, just has not came out yet, like Eric B. I saw on two other sites that his going pro has something to do with his ACT SCORES,and it would be come ouy very soon.

theVILLE Wrote:heard the same thing about he and bledsoe froma reliable source

If Eric B is bledsoe, who is he????
bigjim4packers Wrote:If Eric B is bledsoe, who is he????

Dodson