Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Reds stop the bleeding.
On a 5 game losing streak, the crippled Redlegs come back home for a three game series with the dodgers and then a three game series with the Padres. How do you all see the series' matching up?
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope they lose every game so the management may finally see the need to get rid of Baker. He's a joke and should have never been hired in the first place. Here's to hoping they lose every game from now until they fire Dusty.
i think they need all new everything, front office, coaches, players. they can't go into an offseason and sign veterans, they do have some good prospects though
The only major change that needs to happen is Baker. I think that the establishment is set for a great team. Young talent in Bruce, Stubbs, Votto, Francisco, Chapman, Cueto, Volquez, Leak. They are just hitting the bumbs in an early career, hopefully Votto will come out of it soon but Bruce and Stubbs, really need to ramp it up to prove that they are even worthy of the spot on the team.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Reds win an offensive explosion. I think that they could have had a better pitching performance from Homer. I hope that they can continue that offense burst.
[SIZE="4"]
It doesn't look good at the moment.
A disappointing 14-6 loss tonight to Dodgers.
And disappointing Harang is 0-3 pitching 5 2/3 innings giving up 6 runs.
Hopefully it straightens out soon. Volquez may be around for second half of the season.
Not sure how long it will be before Chapman is ready to come up.
But we need offense too.
bulldog149 Wrote:It doesn't look good at the moment.
A disappointing 14-6 loss tonight to Dodgers.
And disappointing Harang is 0-3 pitching 5 2/3 innings giving up 6 runs.
Hopefully it straightens out soon. Volquez may be around for second half of the season.
Not sure how long it will be before Chapman is ready to come up.
But we need offense too.

....... it was a horrible night for the pitching staff. Harang has lost his stuff and really is a L everytime he goes out there. I think that the offense is getting it cranking a little bit but without the (suppose to be strong) pitching staff getting it straightened out then the Reds season is already over.
[SIZE="4"]
Well the Reds pull one out of their collective butts on Sunday, meaning they split a 6-game homestand with the Dodgers and Padres at 3-3. I was hoping for 4-2, but as bad as they are playing right now they're lucky it wasn't worse.

Considering how poorly the Reds are doing everything right now (pitching, hitting, defense), I'm amazed they are only 8-11. They are very fortunate to be where they are.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Well the Reds pull one out of their collective butts on Sunday, meaning they split a 6-game homestand with the Dodgers and Padres at 3-3. I was hoping for 4-2, but as bad as they are playing right now they're lucky it wasn't worse.

Considering how poorly the Reds are doing everything right now (pitching, hitting, defense), I'm amazed they are only 8-11. They are very fortunate to be where they are.

I have to think that the Reds will start hitting a little better. I know that their defense has been decent and the pitching can not win these kind of games when the score is 5-1 it goes to the offense to bring a few runs over to make the game respectable. I think that if they can get Stubbs out of this funk and Votto starts batting the same way that he did last year, then they can turn it around. I saw that Stubbs has been 3-35 in the past little bit...... Bruce is starting to hit a little better, he had 3 hits in 4 at bats yesterday.
[SIZE="4"]
Bring back D.Gullett as pitching coach and bring the kid up from Triple A and could we please get a regular everyday lineup and stay with it for a week!!
they played a strong game tonight. Little bit of small ball to get some runs over and then a few big innings from Harang. Hope they can continue it.
[SIZE="4"]
Really still plenty of time. Only St. Louis is separating themselves from the rest of the division. They have a 3 1/2 game lead over 2nd place Chicago. Now Reds and Milwaulkee are tied for 3rd at 4 games back. Houston is 4 1/2 games back and Pittsburg 5 back.
..Good to see Harang pitch a good game last night and get a win.
bulldog149 Wrote:Really still plenty of time. Only St. Louis is separating themselves from the rest of the division. They have a 3 1/2 game lead over 2nd place Chicago. Now Reds and Milwaulkee are tied for 3rd at 4 games back. Houston is 4 1/2 games back and Pittsburg 5 back.
..Good to see Harang pitch a good game last night and get a win.

We need Harang to pitch like that each time out. However, I know that he will be wildly inconsistent so I think it is a big ? when he goes out there. Good to see Bruce coming out of his funk and hopefully Stubbs can pick it up here really soon. This team is sooooooo young but very talented.
[SIZE="4"]