•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Job
OU812 Wrote:Go back to your football school

LOL!:rockon:
KyBlue Wrote:You are correct to say the boys are getting screwed. But the parents are at a loss of what to say and to whom. With a spineless administration calling the shots, what do you do at this point? They (administration) must fear the wrath of the iceman. Good grief, he is only self appointed royalty with a big mouth and ego to match.

Let ole Jakelegg tell you what to do. The parents in MASS have to UNITE and bang the Randy Hughes's door down. He is the one in control. Let him earn his $20 k raise. Wouldnt be a bad idea for the parents to confront the Iceman and his family (son n law) either. Thats what u do with bullies isnt it? Stand up to them.

Come on folks. Im mean its only your kids bball future at stake!!
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:LOL!:rockon:

It's a band school....We won a class "A" State band championship back in the 70's or 80's.
I hear that Adkins is playing the waiting game. To see what Ailster's gonna do. How long will he really hold out?? How long will committee wait to get a coach for these boys?? I think Adkins is the best choice, but enough is enough already!!
Here is the latest. If the job is not hired out today it will be reposted for another 30 days.
Do they think the coaching talent pool will be better 30 days from now? Is Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers coming to GC after the NBA finals. Come on administration and parents! Can we not think about the kids for once?
Jake:

There was once a coach at GCHS that applied for the basketball job several years ago. Both his son and daughter are now in college. I don't know if he would have any interest this late in his career but he would be one that wouldn't take any crap from anyone. Was a winner when he was there.....
I think one of the job requirements is that you will take crap.
If you know who I'm talking about then you know he wouldn't take their crap.....
ahahaha The former baseball coach would fold to the iceman buddy. He is too close to him not too. He WOULD take the crap and ask for seconds.
Too bad old Frosty isn't still alive.....you could give him the job. I can see him now setting there on the bench with his taboggon on and that ledgendary pipe in his mouth.
jakelegg Wrote:Here is the latest. If the job is not hired out today it will be reposted for another 30 days.
Do they think the coaching talent pool will be better 30 days from now? Is Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers coming to GC after the NBA finals. Come on administration and parents! Can we not think about the kids for once?

Can this be possible, that they would re-post the job?
dynasty Wrote:Can this be possible, that they would re-post the job?
They hired Nickel. I suppose they could fire him after 2 days, then repost it. Sure, Greenup has done some whacky things over the years. So, I'd say it's entirely possible.:Thumbs:
Ive been told that K Adkins has had a change of heart and is in route to Greenup as I post. What to do now??
Would not have been a problem last month...... APRIL FOOL!!!
AND THE BEAT GOES ON.....
No joke. Im told the superintendent has told Dunaway to fix this problem
I heard the Super gave The Principal some wrong info on Adkins. So he gave up and hired Nickle. Adkins will end up at GC. This place could screw up a soup sandwich.
I hope you are joking. If this happens GREENUP will be the biggest problem program in the STATE!!!!! The only way they wont is if ADKINS wins 90% of his games the next two years. I wish somebody would make their minds up. These ball player have been through to much and if something is not final by this weekend, players maybe looking to go elsewhere.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
What does bad info mean. And if Im correct the Super should not be involved with hiring?

Hiriing is only done by the Principal. This is the Principals and his committee hire. If it goes bad (and I hope it does not). They have to assume responsibility
After the state takes over Lawrence they should just move down the road and invade Greenp County.
I wish Greenup Co. luck.
I watched them play numerous times this year and Trey is a really good player
I just want this mess to be over.
Its over baby. We got a coach. We got a team. Lets support them!
[quote=jakelegg]Its over baby. We got a coach. We got a team. Lets support them![/QUOTE Who is it ADKINS or NICKELS???? Only at GREENUP get it over with!!! Lets all wait and watch the HEADS TURN......:popcorn:
Update:

GC Head Coach Updated Vote Tally

Coach Votes Voter
Fraley 4 (Bears Boy) (dozerdawg707) (OU812) (Kosar)
Nickel 1 (Dynasty)
Ward 1 (Skinner)
Dodd 1 (Duck 1220)
Kidwell 1 (Jakelegg write in vote)
Smith/Sutton 1 (Fred Sanford write in vote for co-head coaches)

And the winner goes to Nickel with one vote from me, my vote must count a lot in Greenup!!
The big question is.........

Did Mr. Nickel sign a contract yesterday?

Oops I spoke too soon is one thing....
Oops I spoke too soon, after a contract is signed, is something else.
Why would Dunaway offer Nickel the job if he didnt hear from Adkins mouth that he didnt wont the job? WHY RUSH NOW? It doesnt add up, someone will pay for this BIG MIXUP!!!!! Only at GREENUP....
Walleye Wrote:The big question is.........

Did Mr. Nickel sign a contract yesterday?

Oops I spoke too soon is one thing....
Oops I spoke too soon, after a contract is signed, is something else.

I'm lost on this post, what are you talking about?
Walleye is saying that if Dunaway is claiming that "I spoke too soon" - that it may be possible to rescind the offer.

On the other hand, if Dunaway is claiming that "I spoke too soon" and Nickels has signed a contract, then it doesn't matter what other actions occur, the contract would be binding on both parties.
Dynasty:
Go back and re-read posts 223 and 225. My comment reflects these two posts. If a coaching contract has been signed, they may have legal problems if they try to reconsider coach Adkins.... But, then again, maybe not... It would depend on what Mr. Nickel wants to do.:HitWall:
Only at Greenup County, you would think Pelosi, Reid and Obama are running the place.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next