•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Job
I heard that Adkins is getting pressure from his wife to take this job.... I guess she has family here?? Anybody know if this is true??
duck1220 Wrote:An NAIA Hall of Fame coach, Dodd. If Greenup would love to beat Russell 3 times a year for the next 10-15 years, it's time for the best coach availiable. That is, if he's still interested.:flame::devilflam
Heck, I'm from Greenup, and know that Russell has some really skilled kids coming soon. Greenup's window is now.
I also know that Duck doesn't know where Dodd ends and he begins, but he may be right, Dodd may be the best available coach left. Not like Dodd has a plethora of schools knocking down his door. Doesn't matter what hall he's in.
duck1220 Wrote:An NAIA Hall of Fame coach, Dodd. If Greenup would love to beat Russell 3 times a year for the next 10-15 years, it's time for the best coach availiable. That is, if he's still interested.:flame::devilflam

Dodd couldnt beat Greenup when Russell was the better team. I dont think the Doddster can beat Coach Kidwell's team when the Kid has the better players. Now that might not be this year but after this year Russell will be the more talented team.

Kidwell twice the coach as Dodd. Kidwell is also welcome at all the local swimming pools to.

Maybe Greenup should make a call to Merle and see it he is interested.
GC Head Coach Updated Vote Tally

Nickel 1 (Dynasty)
Ward 1 (Skinner)
Dodd 1 (Duck 1220)
Fraley 1 (Bears Boy)
Adkins 1 (Kosar with a write in vote, since Adkins was considered to be out of
the running)
Kidwell 1 (Jakelegg with a write in vote for The Merle)

No consensus even among the ones talking the most about this position!!
Who will get a second vote?
I will throw in a vote for Fraley
Coach Votes Voter
Fraley 2 (Bears Boy) (dozerdawg707)
Nickel 1 (Dynasty)
Ward 1 (Skinner)
Dodd 1 (Duck 1220)
Adkins 1 (Kosar write in vote)
Kidwell 1 (Jakelegg write in vote)
Fraley for me as well.

Coach Votes Voter
Fraley 3 (Bears Boy) (dozerdawg707) (OU812)
Nickel 1 (Dynasty)
Ward 1 (Skinner)
Dodd 1 (Duck 1220)
I vote Smith/Sutton co-head coaches on an interim basis.

Coach Votes Voter
Fraley 3 (Bears Boy) (dozerdawg707) (OU812)
Nickel 1 (Dynasty)
Ward 1 (Skinner)
Dodd 1 (Duck 1220)
Smith/Sutton 1 (Fred Sanford write in vote for co-head coaches)
Fred Sanford Wrote:I vote Smith/Sutton co-head coaches on an interim basis.
Sutton should run away from GC as fast as he can. He's been hosed how many times now?
What about Shayne Carey that was mentioned in the beginning? Is he out of the running?? This seems to be a circus!
This is getting comical:biggrin:Not as if GC needed any more help at being the laughing stock of the state when it comes to hiring a basketball coach.:lmao:
Rufus Wrote:This is getting comical:biggrin:Not as if GC needed any more help at being the laughing stock of the state when it comes to hiring a basketball coach.:lmao:

A laughing stock that should have never been. The answer is simple, if GC wants a winning basketball program they know who they need to get, but I really believe they don't want it. So GCHS Basketball will go on and win the occasional district, but I guarantee they'll never make it past the regional. It takes a big game coach to make your way to Rupp, and GC hasn't had that in 10 years.
I think some people believe that it was easy to win at GC, because Ward did it so often. Rex Cooksey stepped in with the best talent in the 16th Region in 2001 and couldn't get it done. Hicks, had his time and won his one district title, but nothing more (Granted he had adversity, but Ward survived 20 years of that). Leach, no comment needed. Fraley, who I thought would put GC in a great position is in a mess that I don't completely understand. Look at the track record of the others post Ward (2 District Titles, 0 Region Titles, 0 Region Finals).
GC will languish in mediocrity and the people who complain the loudest seem to never speak up when it matters, speak up people if you want the program to return to what it should be.
Its not the hiring of a coach that makes us the laughing stock. Its the way we treat r coaches and of course the strange things that happen that make r coaches disappear (dismissal/resignation)
The delay in hiring is only hurting the players and their summer program. Does anyone not care about this?
I am hearing that Adkins and more importantly Adkins wife want him to take the job. They are just working out the details.
Kosar u r correct. Mrs Adkins wants to come back close to her family. Mr Adkins has been advised by a close friend to stay as far away from the job as possible. Unless he wants to be selling used cars in a few years Smile Could be a family struggle with Mr Adkins having to sleep on the couch and do without for a few days LOL
I hear that Adkins really wants the job, and is looking forward to the opportunity to make his mark in GC. I know that he has been asking about the boys that will be playing next year, and says that he loves college, but with two small kids he wants to be able to spend more time with them...... I also heard that Ailster is looking to take a different position so that AD job may be available very very soon...... TO BE CONTINUED??...........
Just heard that they had just offered the job to a guy on staff they call Ferg, who ever that is. Details to be worked out at Frogtown over lunch....
Just heard they offered the job to a guy on staff they call Ferg, who ever that is. Details to be worked out at Frogtown over lunch....
I heard some guy the called Johnny Ballgame will take over. Dunaway has him at Dairy Queen right now!!! Gonna work for buster bar blizzards and slushies
Wait wait I just saw a Jordans Ice truck go past my house and into the school parking lot. Were saved were saved the Iceman has came out of retirement. I heard him say as he drove past the Caliparty will be callin bout my grandson soon baby.
Nevermind...
The "Ballgame" is in demand. I also heard that Ferg was demanding endless cheeseburgers, Miller Lite and carton of Camels.
I just saw Coach Dodd walk into the Mcdonalds in Greenup with Mr Dunaway. Im being serious now. Im trying to get a pic loaded up from my phone.
Duck:

When I think about what Sam does at Russell as A.D. , it is, if done right, a full time job. And, you best have a wife like Cynthia that understands and supports as she does. As a team they do a great job. I didn't always agree with Sam's position along with Swift at Ashland against Rose Hill ( since they both benefited so much from the Hill) but, thats ancient history.

Getting back to the main point, it would be difficult for coach Adkins to make ends meet with what they would pay. Head BB and AD combined maybe 35 to 45 thou range. I also heard that they are trying to find a position for his wife. That would help....
Thats what Coach Adkins would make if he were just a teacher. At the AD position he will make close to $70k. That will endear him to the teaching staff hahaha He will be much talked about and loved Smile
Scratch that on Dodd at Mcdonalds. After a closer look that was just some Dodd look alike in a big felt pimp hat.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next