Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top incoming 8th grade teams
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I guess you got a good point there. Considering Harlan Co. does combine there 7th and 8th grade team to ensure they get the best of both grades on the field together. As for Corbin they play seperate games and 7th strictly stays with 7th. Gives both 7th and 8th a chance to be good and compete in the state tournament, but takes away the possibility to field the best team possible. But there are teams like Harlan and others who strictly focus on winning at the 8th grade level and combine 7th and 8th. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides.
some teams dont have the numbers to play 7th and 8th apart.i dont think harlan co is one of them though.harlan co has no middle school so they take kids from several schools to make a squad.
Well Shelby Valley plays Greenup county at there shelby valley bowl. Greenup has been the #1 team in the state of tennesee 2 years running, if shelby valley happen to win this i think it should put them in the mix. Just saying....any thoughts?
All i do is win Wrote:Well Shelby Valley plays Greenup county at there shelby valley bowl. Greenup has been the #1 team in the state of tennesee 2 years running, if shelby valley happen to win this i think it should put them in the mix. Just saying....any thoughts?

LOL...????? Greenup Co. is in Ky....Duh, and have a very good team.
ballfan87 Wrote:The Louisa Middle School (Lawrence Co) 8th grade has to be one of the best out there. They are very well coached. Run same offense and defense as high school and will be a force in the future. ..
Greenup took it to them last night.
You guys need to give Mason Co. some talk. Hello they're 3-0
Ohh im sorry lol i mustve miss understood when someone told me this.
Well i think if valley can pull it off they should deffinatly be in the mix.
All i do is win Wrote:Ohh im sorry lol i mustve miss understood when someone told me this.
Well i think if valley can pull it off they should deffinatly be in the mix.
No problem, Valley will have theyre work cut out for them. GC is very good. Went to the Final 4 in the state last season as 7th graders.
Kosar Wrote:No problem, Valley will have theyre work cut out for them. GC is very good. Went to the Final 4 in the state last season as 7th graders.
Yes Valley will...I know three of the teams that went to state last year in the final 4 i belive they were GC of course, Bowling Green, Corbin and i can't remember the other. Yes valley is pretty young this year as well except for a few 8th grade holdbacks i think they have 4 8th graders that start this year. Shelby Valley's 5th and 6th grade last year went to a state tourn. in owensboro i think it was and got beat in the championship to corbin by 6. Should be an intersesting game.
The 4th team in the 7th division was Meade County i think.
Steelermatt Wrote:The 4th team in the 7th division was Meade County i think.

Lone Oak 7th was the 4th team. They lost to Corbin in the finals of 7th grade state
You are so right Freeagent, I have seen Bell Co. play and Corbin Play and Corbin could not match up with them, Bell Co is so Physical and they also have some speed. They talk about all these top 5 teams, The best three teams in these parts are Bell Co, Knox Co and Harlan Co. with out a doubt.
Henry county middle school is by far one of the best middle school teams i have ever seen. 6-0 with a average winning margin of about 40 points. incredible.
BackAt0 Wrote:Henry county middle school is by far one of the best middle school teams i have ever seen. 6-0 with a average winning margin of about 40 points. incredible.

I do seem to remember an "incredible" running back from Henry Co. that no one seems to ever mention that even as a 7th grader last year he would have started on just about every 8th grade team in the state. Very very hard to bring down.
All i do is win Wrote:Yes Valley will...I know three of the teams that went to state last year in the final 4 i belive they were GC of course, Bowling Green, Corbin and i can't remember the other. Yes valley is pretty young this year as well except for a few 8th grade holdbacks i think they have 4 8th graders that start this year. Shelby Valley's 5th and 6th grade last year went to a state tourn. in owensboro i think it was and got beat in the championship to corbin by 6. Should be an intersesting game.

Bowling Green won the 8th grade championship last year. However, their 7th grade team was eliminated very early in the state tournament. I believe the 4 semifinalist in the 7th grade were Lone Oak, Greenup, Corbin, and Anderson Co.(which I might be mistaken on the Anderson Co.) Corbin doesn't have a 5th and 6th grade team that I know of, so I'm not sure what state tournament you are talking about on that level. As far as I know most schools around the Knox,Whitley,Laurel county area have little league programs that run through the 6th grade.
CatBlue Wrote:You are so right Freeagent, I have seen Bell Co. play and Corbin Play and Corbin could not match up with them, Bell Co is so Physical and they also have some speed. They talk about all these top 5 teams, The best three teams in these parts are Bell Co, Knox Co and Harlan Co. with out a doubt.

I believe the last time Corbin played against Bell in a middle school game it ended in a 44-0 victory for corbin. And an arrest to a Bell parent/volunteer coach of Bell Co. for punching an official. However I do agree that Knox Central and Harlan Co. will contend for a state championship. But, I'm not sold that Bell is on the same level as either of those two teams.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Bowling Green won the 8th grade championship last year. However, their 7th grade team was eliminated very early in the state tournament. I believe the 4 semifinalist in the 7th grade were Lone Oak, Greenup, Corbin, and Anderson Co.(which I might be mistaken on the Anderson Co.) Corbin doesn't have a 5th and 6th grade team that I know of, so I'm not sure what state tournament you are talking about on that level. As far as I know most schools around the Knox,Whitley,Laurel county area have little league programs that run through the 6th grade.
The other 7th grade team was Meade Co. not Anderson Co. Meade played Lone Oak in the semi finals.
Greenup's 8th grade beat Ashland last night, and are still undefeated.
Kosar Wrote:Greenup's 8th grade beat Ashland last night, and are still undefeated.

what was score of the Greenup Co. Verity game?
I didn't get to attend the game, being out of town this week, but i called my son last night and he said they won 12-0. Said it was 6-0 at half. With Greenup Co. being a ball control team and knowing both teams have good defenses, this is about what i figured. Greenup Co. as 7th graders won in the playoffs last year over Verity 8-0 after losing to them at Ashland in the regular season. These teams match up well.
First of all, you can't judge Bell County Middle's team by a parents actions. As far as the 7th grade score that is probably correct. That was the 7th grade team that was made up of 6th graders...no holdbacks at all. However, I think if you can remember the 7th grade score that year you should have no problem remembering the 8th grade score the same year...I think it may have also been a skunk, but in favor of Bell Co.

Bell Co will be playing Knox again and will also be playing Harlan. Unfortunately Corbin refuses to play Bell Co, so therefore we will never know the outcome.
Thankyou FreeAgent, I couldnt say it better myself. It looks like Corbin will have no choice but to play Bell Co. in High School with the Realignment, So maybe they will play them again in Middle School since they were the ones who kicked Bell out of the conference.
itll b interesting to c these boys when there in highschool
Johnson County is GOOD, 5-0, beat Greenup last year as 7th graders AND added a great RB in Daymion Belcher, to compliment Dalton Adkins. Should be a great game this saturday.
Yea it should GC is a little bigger this year it'll be a good game to watch.
New harlan hosts knox thursday evening .will knox avenge a sweep from last year. and elimination from state playoffs. should be a great game . GO PATS !!!!!:runtouchd
From what I saw tonight from Middlesboro. I think Corbin better not take that game lightly.
With the 3 divisions of football this year, the games should be a blast to follow, anyone can win at any time.
Kosar Wrote:Greenup's 8th grade beat Ashland last night, and are still undefeated.

I can see GC playing in the Conference Championship game this year. Verity is looking for a rematch.
What is the top 5 in each division?
Division 1 Large school:
Division 2 Medium school:
Division 3 Small school:
I can only speak for the west teams so here are my top teams in the west.

1.) Lone Oak
2.) Caldwell Co.
3.) Moss
4.) Paducah
5.) Bowling Green