Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock 2010 96 team bracket
Here's how a 2010 version of a 96-team bracket may have looked like:
What do you all think about it?

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...eContainer

I think this is a done deal for next year!!
It is all about the money and CBS wants more of it. This is what we have to looked for too. Man I wish ESPN and ABC would buy out the tourney and leave CBS out in the mud.
Horrible, absolutely horrible. I think that it will cut down attendance in the beginning rounds for even the biggest schools like UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke. If they do this then they need to make it to where the top 4 seeds get the first round off.
I agree man, too many games. I checked out how many teams from the ACC was in and I counted 7..... 7, thats almost the whole ACC. I think this will be a bad decision.

They have match ups between Acme St and Smallville College, how are we post to know who would win between the 2, I've never herd of either 1 lol
Then if you look at Kansas and Duke's first matchup, it would be more likely Duke playing UCONN and Kansas playing North Carolina.... ouch.. possible a 1st 16 seed ever beating a 1 seed.. But If they do it this way I think they need to re-format it!!
NO! Keep the talking heads out of it or they are going to screw up the only post season worth watching. CBS is going to ruin what is special about March.
What would this do to the NIT, would they still have it?
I would say the NIT would be history.
NYY10 Wrote:What would this do to the NIT, would they still have it?

I thought this year was the last year of it.
Amun-Ra Wrote:NO! Keep the talking heads out of it or they are going to screw up the only post season worth watching. CBS is going to ruin what is special about March.

:Thumbs:
NYY10 Wrote:I agree man, too many games. I checked out how many teams from the ACC was in and I counted 7..... 7, thats almost the whole ACC. I think this will be a bad decision.

They have match ups between Acme St and Smallville College, how are we post to know who would win between the 2, I've never herd of either 1 lol

Yeah man. This is bullcrap. I hate the money first aspect of i all.
I have been fine with the small changes throughout the years, but this is too much, too soon.

I would be fine with gradually moving to 9 teams, but the NCAA wants to add 31 teams to the tourney!

What importance will the Mid-Major tournaments have if this goes final? No longer will only one team from most of these small conferences get in.
lwc Wrote:I have been fine with the small changes throughout the years, but this is too much, too soon.

I would be fine with gradually moving to 9 teams, but the NCAA wants to add 31 teams to the tourney!

What importance will the Mid-Major tournaments have if this goes final? No longer will only one team from most of these small conferences get in.

I really want to see how it works next year. I mean they have to realize how insignificant this makes the regular season for seeding purposes.
I would like it if the looser of the play in game could go to the NIT that way they could still play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I have no problem with this, This gives a lot of opportunity to alot of small schools...Just think of all the Cinderella teams.
This is a joke, it would make a mockery of the regular season and confrence tourney games.

If you want in the big dance, dont lose to mid majors left and right in December.