Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Strickland DUI, UK Statement
The University of Kentucky Athletics Department released a statement Monday regarding the DUI arrest of UK assistant basketball coach Rod Strickland.

According to police reports, they arrested Strickland just before 3 a.m. Sunday at Tates Creek and New Circle Road. The report says an officer saw Strickland run a red light at the intersection, nearly striking another vehicle. Investigators say he failed a field sobriety test, including standing on one leg, walking and turning, and reciting ABCs. Strickland refused a breathalizer and had the smell of alcohol on his breath.

A statement from DeWayne Peevy of UK Media Relations on Monday morning read, "This is a legal matter and we are still gathering information about the alleged incident. We take such allegations seriously and will handle appropriately once the facts are known."

Strickland, a former NBA star, has three previous DUI arrests, according to ABC News. The last was a 2001 incident in Virginia. According to the ABC news report, Strickland was convicted in 1998 for the same charge, and complete a year probation and 30 hours of community service. In 1999, he was acquitted of charges relating to driving drunk in Washington.
It's okay, UK fans are used to their coaches having DUI records Big Grin
Kind of a touchy situation, I would say that a lot of people would call for Strickland to be let go, but I think that under a no tolerance policy Cal can still lay down the law but be remorseful.
IMO Strickland will be let go by UK.
lwc Wrote:It's okay, UK fans are used to their coaches having DUI records Big Grin

:lmao: That was funny.
Strickland was my second ALL Time NBA player behind Eddie Jones. I hate this!
I'm sick and tired of DUI's be our coaches. Sutton, Billy G, now Strickland. Cal, let him go for the sake of the program.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO Strickland will be let go by UK.

He should be.
I wonder if Cal will release a statement or anything.
All or atleast nearly all coaches drink! But you should drink and drive
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:All or atleast nearly all coaches drink! But you should drink and drive

I agree!! Wait, good to drink and drive maybe if you are CBC. Just kidding dude.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree!! Wait, good to drink and drive maybe if you are CBC. Just kidding dude.

haha! i meant shouldnt drink and drive
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"