Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Katz Top 25 (2010-2011)
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that they underachieve next year. With UNC coming on the up and up in the ACC, Duke should not be able to post that same kind of ACC record next season. They will still be around 1-2 seed in the tourney. Much like this year no one was really expecting the Devils to win it but once they got their draw it was set up perfectly for a final four and and once there anything can happen. I think they would be about to go under the radar so much next year. Either why, they will be a good team.

PC_You_Know Wrote:When you were saying they overachieved?

I had that one a few posts back. I dont think too many people thought Duke would win it all before the conference tourneys ended.
Theyre is a lot of "If's" right now with UK.

But.....

-If Patterson Comes back-
-Enes Kanter is a beast and loves UK-
-If we get Brandon Knight-
-If we get Lamb or Selby-

We will be pre season top 3.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Theyre is a lot of "If's" right now with UK.

But.....

-If Patterson Comes back-
-Enes Kanter is a beast and loves UK-
-If we get Brandon Knight-
-If we get Lamb or Selby-

We will be pre season top 3.

Woah, woah woah. With what Duke, WVU, and Mich St. return, there is no way UK is top 3 pre-season. Butler may even be among the tops before UK is.
Duke, Butler, and purdue has to be the top 3 regardless i think!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Duke, Butler, and purdue has to be the top 3 regardless i think!
:Thumbs: I agree. WVU should not even be in the discussion. I love UK, but they will never have a better recruiting class than the one that is about to join the NBA, so it is hard to see why they would be in the pre-season top 5. If they have a great recruiting class and find some outside shooters,

UK could be better next season than they were this season, but they will need to prove themselves worthy of a lofty rank on the court. Butler, Duke, and Purdue have plenty of players returning that have already proven themselves in tournament play.
Ah, preseason polls mean nothing. UNC was preseason top 5 this year and they finished runners up in the NIT.
Aslan Wrote:Ah, preseason polls mean nothing. UNC was preseason top 5 this year and they finished runners up in the NIT.

Bingo. Great point.