Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past Jenkins High School Sports
For all those Alumni of Jenkins High School I found a website with a little info on the past sports of Jenkins. As a alumni I still would like to see that school do good. Still am having a time finding info on the 1970's girls basketball team that was coached by Reeda and Henry Wright that won numerous regional titles, and a semi finalist in the state tournament. Don't know what year that was, but am trying to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Ga...JK/D*.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Check out the history of the track team's history.
Unbelievable track program they had in the 70's under Coach Dixon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I am thinking the year was 1976 for the girls basketball team that you are thinking of.
I am wondering who all we beat in the tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LuvofMoney'9 Wrote:I am thinking the year was 1976 for the girls basketball team that you are thinking of.

You are correct 1976 was the year!
Who did they loose to? I was also wanting to know how many times Jenkins went to the state tournament in the 70's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The Jenkins High School girl's basketball team went to the State Tournament in 1975 and 1976.
I am thinking we won a game against Owensboro and then lost in the next round to Barren County (1st runner up in the tourney) in 1976.
In 1975, I think we lost to Mason County in the first round.
Thanks for the info. I graduated there in 95, and forgot. Any time I wanted to know, I could look at the trophies. They wasn't nearly as successful as the track team under Charles Dixon. I believe we had several state qualifiers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They have that picture on the wall!!