Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Who will be the) New Coach at Lawrence Co.
Tom Holbrook resigned last week after taking the Lady Dawgs to the Regional Semis for the first time since 1983. Wonder who will be his replacement??
yeah! does anyone know who it will be, I have heard alot of rumors about it. So I am curious to see who it is.
Heard rumors of my own... some would make people happy, others not so much.
I think Tommy is a great coach and he will find a job somewhere if that is what he wants.
word is he's staying in the district... just wants to spend more time with his family.
I wrote a article on this. Tom is a great guy and just decided it was time for him to start spending more time with family, he felt he couldn't dedicate enough time to LC basketball anymore. He will remain soccer head coach. He has a wife who works in Carter County and his two boys go to Boyd County and they are at the age where they need him more.
Good luck to Tommy he is a great friend.
So he works in Lawrence Co. Wife works in Carter Co system and 2 boys go to Boyd Co system. Durn that would take some figgurin out????
is anyone looking at the job, and what are some names of people you have heard that might take it?
Hate to hear that coach Holbrook hung it up. Very class act and did a great job at Lawerence Co. Is he going somewhere else? Or just giving up coaching?
kcc73 Wrote:Hate to hear that coach Holbrook hung it up. Very class act and did a great job at Lawerence Co. Is he going somewhere else? Or just giving up coaching?

Just giving up coaching... although after talking to him, I don't see it as being permanent. His kids are still young and his family is all spread out... wants more time with them.
I think Sarah Elliott would be a good choice as she is good young coach and has plenty of basketball experience. I know that Bath County has contacted her about the open position there but Lawrence County has a much better program but if they were looking at someone than Sarah would be the right person:popcorn:
07-08152 (Thomas Holbrook) Accept Agreed Order admonishing Respondent for his inappropriate remarks. The Board reminds Respondent that he has a duty to take reasonable measures to preserve the health, safety, and emotional well-being of students and to maintain the dignity and integrity of the teaching profession. For future reference, the Board reiterates that school personnel should always conduct themselves in an appropriate and professional manner. The Board will not tolerate any further incidents of such conduct from Respondent. This settlement agreement is expressly conditioned upon Respondent providing written proof to the Board that he has completed a professional development/training course in culture competency and twelve (12) hours of professional development/training in the area of professional ethics, as approved by the Board, by June 1, 2011. Any expense required for said training shall be paid by Respondent. Should Respondent fail to satisfy this condition, his certificate shall be automatically suspended until he completes the required training and provides the appropriate written proof to the Board.
Vote: Unanimous (Ms. Webb, recused)
Maybe that's why he resigned. Information can be found on Kentucky Professional Standars Board under January board meeting.
Ouch! So something went on with his ethics? Can't see that about him. Anyone have any info on what in the world this would be about?
Yeah some people try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes but the truth eventually comes out. Not the saint everyone thought.:devilflam
I have known Tommy pretty good over the last 17 years and can only say he is a stand up guy. I know their was an issue last year with a girl and her parents, that from what I gather tried to get him in trouble becuase he was too strict! My guess is that Jagger is someone affiliated with that person. Coach is a great guy and a good upstanding Christian. I think this thread should be pulled and I think Jagger is a first rate tool for bringing it up. I know he had planned on resigning for several months and was just waiting for the season to wrap up. Best of luck Tommy with whatever you choose to do in your future and ignore the people like this.
The point is i'm just stating public information. It's listed on the kentucky professional standards board website. I highly doubt they admonish anyone without probable cause. They don't just punish on hearsay either, so there had to be evidence. Sorry to rain on your parade but not the standup guy you and everyone like you thought. The skeletons are just starting to fall out of the closet.
Sarah Elliott is supposedly visiting with LC on Tuesday or Wednesday...
Anyone know how the Sarah Elliott meetings went?
She only met with the AD and Superintendent... No one has met with the search committee yet.
I dont think there will be a search committee, I think the Super is going to be doing the hiring of both since the whole ordeal with the state coming in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
From what I have heard Elliott turned the job down so the search continues.
I have heard that as well
I hate to hear she turned down the job because she would have made a fine coach for you guys. She is a very hard worker, on a side note i guess that means she is still on the SC staff.. Good luck to you LC in your coaching hunt.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I hate to hear she turned down the job because she would have made a fine coach for you guys. She is a very hard worker, on a side note i guess that means she is still on the SC staff.. Good luck to you LC in your coaching hunt.
Well hear she was wanting to go somewhere to play ball.. Not sure though if that was the reason.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Sarah may still be in the running from what I am hearing.
Elliott is a big mistake for LC. She did not do a good job with the middle school team she coached she is not ready for High School at the varsity level. She needs a few more years as an assistant. Needs to tone down all the yelling and learn to coach
For LC to even be in the running for a person of Ms. Elliotts stature is unbelievable.
what about the NEWSOME girl can't remember her first name
baseline Jumper Wrote:Elliott is a big mistake for LC. She did not do a good job with the middle school team she coached she is not ready for High School at the varsity level. She needs a few more years as an assistant. Needs to tone down all the yelling and learn to coach

Pretty tough jump to go from 12-14 year olds to 17-19