Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler 52 - Michigan State 50 (NCAA - Final Four)
good come back Bulter
Congrats to Butler. now if WVU can pull out a win over Duke.
A 33-year old coach in the National Title game!

I hate to be the one to say it but Duke is a team that should be able to counter-act Butler's shooting.
Butler shot under 31% tonight and won with its defense. I think Butler's defense and coaching is what has gotten it this far. Duke had the easiest path to the finals but there is no disputing that Duke is extremely well coached. Butler is the first team to hold all of its opponents to 50 points or less on its way to the finals. (Or at least the first since the field expanded to 64 teams.)

If Butler can control the tempo against Duke, then they will have a great shot at winning the title. If the refs call a tight game and send Duke to the free throw line 20 times more than Butler, then the Bulldogs will have no chance. Butler does not look like a physical team but it is.

Butler has now beaten a 1, 2, and 5 seed, so the element of surprise is gone if anybody ever doubted that they were a legit contender.

Hopefully, with the game in Indy, the refs will not get too whistle happy.
I watched a part of a show on Final Four on ESPN Friday where they said don't be at all surprised to see Butler win it all-they are capable of it.
.But after watching Duke I think they will certainly have their hands full but getting to the national championship game is a tremendous accomplishment for a small school and I'm sure they will give it a good shot.
..I didn't agree with referees giving Michigan State .3 back at end of game but it didn't matter. The clock didn't start until it was touched. The only question would be when it was supposed to stop. I don't think the coach had called timeout. I think refs stopped it themselves when Michigan State's coach was compalining about clock. So it seems it should have stopped when referee signaled for it and as far I know it had.