Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari shows interest in a Mountain Kid
Kentucky Mr. Basketball Elisha Justice believed he'd settled his athletic future in October when he committed to Louisville. Then UK Coach John Calipari called Thursday night.
"I didn't really expect that," Justice said Friday of Calipari's 11th-hour expression of interest.
The UK coach did not offer a scholarship to Justice, who led Shelby Valley High to the state championship last month. Then again, Calipari did not rule out a scholarship offer either.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/02/12083...z0k0Ic8N2F
As much as I'd love for this to happen i just don't see it happening. He would be a much better fit at Louisville but we can hope lol
UK may just be doing it to still him from the CARDS
Wont play very much but I would still like to see him in blue.
"The only way Elisha would be willing to go to Kentucky, I'd say, is if it's on a full four-year scholarship," Booher said.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/02/12083...z0k3E5ZfiA

THere is no such thing as a four year guarentee. All scholarships are for one year. That's a deceiving quote.
Id love to see Elijah go to UK. I always felt the only reason Pitino was going after him was to regain some support for UL in the mountains. Dont get me wrong Im not saying Elijah cant play. I really think he can compete at the next level. All Im saying is I dont trust "Slick Rick" and his motives. If Pitinos intentions are true and he feels Elijah can play against Big East competition then he can surely play against SEC competition.
Im first to agree with you on not trusting slick rick, but do you really trust calapari?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I dont see this happening...I think EJ goes to louisville...Can you really blame him though??I mean UL will be down next season and they have a few guards but they play 5 or 6 guards...which would ensure him PT!!! Which i think is a main concern for EJ! Whatever he does i wish him the best...He must remember all that hate that he got from UK fans and how he was overrated and would sit on the bench all the time...Id love to see him prove all you wrong and one day start for the cards...But the cards arent going to be down his entire career! Next season yes they will but the next they will have a big time recruiting class
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Man I wish the best for this kid but he isn't going to get any playing time on either team. So I would him rather go to UK. First, because I hate Louisville and Second, because I hate Louisville.
Justice knows he will get PT at UofL. He wont at UK.
Im proud of Elisha's decision to go to stick with UL. Kind of shows what kind of personality he has. I would have been happy as I could be if he went to my school but to think about the kind of hits that he would take from backing out of a commitment and then going to a rival school.... He does not deserve something like that. Elisha will be my favorite Card ever which is not saying much but I will always support him and what he does at UL. That does not mean I have to like UL more or anything but I now have an interest to see if a outstanding young man who went to my high school can do well and fit in. I will always be cheering for UL to lose but Elisha to score 20 points in every game that he gets to play....except UK.
W0w
I really fill like he is better off at Lville as well.. But aint Louisville bout to sign another point guard?
NYY10 Wrote:I really fill like he is better off at Lville as well.. But aint Louisville bout to sign another point guard?

Im sure Elisha knows that bigger and more gifted stars will come through. Teague may still end up at UK.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I always felt the only reason Pitino was going after him was to regain some support for UL in the mountains.
Pitino has infinitely more things to worry about than Louisville's support in the mountains.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks Justice can contribute to the program.
agree. If I was Pitino, I wouldn't worry bout the fans. I would worry about my team and players!!
NYY10 Wrote:agree. If I was Pitino, I wouldn't worry bout the fans. I would worry about my team and players!!

Correct!
lochocinco Wrote:Pitino has infinitely more things to worry about than Louisville's support in the mountains.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks Justice can contribute to the program.

Correct! Pitino thinks he will...I mean how many lville fans are they in the mountain
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I hope that he is able to contribute for Pitino and the Cards. I will be really disapointed if Elisha does not get the chance to play and be a contributing factor. His work ethic should get him the attention and I can not wait to see him come back with his degree and coach.
Anyone notice him in the derby classic???he had about 15 points and about 5 assists! played great D and really played great in this game, among some of the greats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
EJ is a Card!

I dont see him swithching it up no matter what. The one thing that would pull his intrest else where would be a full ride. If i were Ricky Pitino i would fork one up soon.
I don't see him changing either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]