1B/OF Andrew Brown
OF Kevin Williams
INF J.D. Vanhoose
OF Shane Grimm
1B/DH Kyle Sublett
INF Travis Ison
INF Jonathan Miller
3B/OF Daniel Pugh

That's all the players I can remember who are returning from varsity.
From what I've heard, those not playing basketball are in need of getting themselves in shape and making an effort to show some interest! This is a whole new deal and Paintsville has potential to be right in the mix of things! Who's gonna catch?
I'm going to say the lineup will be based on the NEW coaches experiences with the talent he is familiar with:

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

TongueoliceLig Good Luck Tigers!!
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I'm going to say the lineup will be based on the NEW coaches experiences with the talent he is familiar with:

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

Now that's funny!
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:Now that's funny!
Now whats funny bout that.. for real.. i can tell u one thing.. this tiger team will lay down for no team.. they are young but with the skill of coaching that Tucker and Bob Lyons have brought to the table.. paintsville will have no problem.. i can tell u one thing (jchsrulz and golden eagle) when paintsville plays central.. u better bring ur "A" game.. because they will bring thiers
lol
"jchsrulz" Wrote:I'm going to say the lineup will be based on the NEW coaches experiences with the talent he is familiar with:

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

what about landon slone
"2B6" Wrote:Now whats funny bout that.. for real.. i can tell u one thing.. this tiger team will lay down for no team.. they are young but with the skill of coaching that Tucker and Bob Lyons have brought to the table.. paintsville will have no problem.. i can tell u one thing (jchsrulz and golden eagle) when paintsville plays central.. u better bring ur "A" game.. because they will bring thiers
Well that's good 2B6. I didn't think that they wouldn't to be honest with you. I was just laughing at jchsrulz's post. Let me ask you this 2B6 will Rice be a base coach as well?

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

Nice Post. That is pretty funny and I have to agree with you.
Sorry I struck a nerve! I am just saying that the team is going to be adaptable to any situation. THis lineup has been very good for these coaches to get them to a championship game and SOMETIMES Win!:flame:

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

:lame: Rolleyes
I think that Kevin Williams will be a pretty good player this year. I think that he is being way underestimated.

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

:wtf1: REAL FUNNY!

Well actually, those two and Coach Howard do have STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE!
Tucker Howard was an assistant last season under Charlie Adkins and I'm sure he's real familiar with his returners. JCHS took one off the chin too there bub, lost a lot of talent...hell they returned half the friggin' team or all th position players except for Walters I think and they get beat first round of district....lol, now that's funny
"halfstep" Wrote::wtf1: REAL FUNNY!

Well actually, those two and Coach Howard do have STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE!

As does quite few of the returning varsity players such as Sublett, Grimm and Vanhoose.
"MOJO" Wrote:As does quite few of the returning varsity players such as Sublett, Grimm and Vanhoose.

VERY TRUE!! :beerwez:

1b - S. Rice
2b - C. Sloan
3b - S. Rice
ss - S. Rice
lf - S. Rice
cf - S. Rice
rf - S. Rice
C - S. Rice
P - S. Rice
DH - S. Rice

Now that is funny, considering that Johnson Central will be the team starting 2 or 3 8th graders!!!
Plus they have that one that is like in the 6th grade.:watch:
"The Guru" Wrote:Now that is funny, considering that Johnson Central will be the team starting 2 or 3 8th graders!!!

He won't be playing Varsity! They created a whole new league for him! :lmao:
"halfstep" Wrote:He won't be playing Varsity! They created a whole new league for him! :lmao:

Well, now that is funny because the word was the league was started "for the good of the children of johnson county"............ and world peace:Clap:
There again, this is a Paintsville Baseball '06 thread and I believe that the majority of positions will be covered by players with more than enough ability and only one or two positions up for grabs. I believe Paintsville will be solid defensively and with the bat. Pitching might be the only spot where Paintsville would be needing the work, but by the time "it counts", they should be sound. I'm not gonna try to second guess the coach on starting positions because I know Coach Howard is looking to win & the only way that is possible is to play those with the ability to help make that happen. I do not see us as a rebuilding team this year, there's way too much talent for that to be the case. I look forward to seeing the boys in Blue very soon!
Ouch!!!!, you guys never cease to amaze me with the way you guys constantly go back and forth at each other. The bad part is that you have to make it personal and bring the names of the innocent kids into it. Shame , Shame , Shame....If things have not changed much over the years then the really truely funny thing about Paintsville baseball is all of the expert mommies that sit in the stands and make pure fools out of themselves.:lmao: It's hilarious to watch all the coniving, the complaining and the ploys out of mom . The dads aren't to bad, but oh watch out for mommy. I wouldn't be in Tucker Howards shoes for a million bucks.

I guess that when you all are talking about this state championship experience, that you are not talking about Tucker Howard's days as a player. I assume that the junior league deal is what you are refering to. Some of you people are in for a real rude awaking when you get into the real world of baseball. You will see that Junior and Senior League titles are really not all that big of a deal when you consider that nobody in the state plays in it any more. We have won two junior League state titles ourselves in Lawrence Co. the last 7 or 8 years ourselves. It used to be nice to brag about, but it's not that big of a deal anymore. Junior League and Senior League is about the weakest of all the youth baseball leagues. Most good players dont play in it any more. The really good players are playing on some sort of a traveling team. Junior and senior league teams now are usually only made up of kids that are not good enough to play high school ball or with players not good enough to make a traveling squad. An average traveling team would kill a junior or state league champion 9 games out of 10.

I think Tucker will do a good job at Paintsville, but it will be interesting to see how he handles things with all the nutty moms. Charlie would tell them all to jump in a lake.

And yes Paintsville will be rebuilding this year, just like everyone else in the 57th district. They better find somebody that knows how to throw it off the mound and someone who knows how to catch it behind the plate and throw it back to the mound. They are in the same boat as the rest of us this year. Everybody lost tons of talent.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Ouch!!!!, you guys never cease to amaze me with the way you guys constantly go back and forth at each other. The bad part is that you have to make it personal and bring the names of the innocent kids into it. Shame , Shame , Shame....If things have not changed much over the years then the really truely funny thing about Paintsville baseball is all of the expert mommies that sit in the stands and make pure fools out of themselves.:lmao: It's hilarious to watch all the coniving, the complaining and the ploys out of mom . The dads aren't to bad, but oh watch out for mommy. I wouldn't be in Tucker Howards shoes for a million bucks.

I guess that when you all are talking about this state championship experience, that you are not talking about Tucker Howard's days as a player. I assume that the junior league deal is what you are refering to. Some of you people are in for a real rude awaking when you get into the real world of baseball. You will see that Junior and Senior League titles are really not all that big of a deal when you consider that nobody in the state plays in it any more. We have won two junior League state titles ourselves in Lawrence Co. the last 7 or 8 years ourselves. It used to be nice to brag about, but it's not that big of a deal anymore. Junior League and Senior League is about the weakest of all the youth baseball leagues. Most good players dont play in it any more. The really good players are playing on some sort of a traveling team. Junior and senior league teams now are usually only made up of kids that are not good enough to play high school ball or with players not good enough to make a traveling squad. An average traveling team would kill a junior or state league champion 9 games out of 10.

I think Tucker will do a good job at Paintsville, but it will be interesting to see how he handles things with all the nutty moms. Charlie would tell them all to jump in a lake.

And yes Paintsville will be rebuilding this year, just like everyone else in the 57th district. They better find somebody that knows how to throw it off the mound and someone who knows how to catch it behind the plate and throw it back to the mound. They are in the same boat as the rest of us this year. Everybody lost tons of talent.

You never cease to amaze me either. Not only do you have it out for the adults of Paintsville, you have it out for the kids of Paintsville. No one said oh they are world beaters, they won the state title. I think any time any team on any level wins a state title it is something to be proud of. Let those kids enjoy it instead of always riding them down. Those are the same teams, players and coaches from Paintsville who have been so close or in the championship every year down at state. They fell short a couple of times so the kids keep playing until they finally acheive the goal of state champs. I can't remember of too many teams around this area beating on a Paintsville All-Star team, yes they have lost a few but it's rare they lose before state tournament. So these kids keep on playing, other decide to just focus on playing high school ball. Know what that shows me maybe the kids of Johnson County may have a little grit in their crawl, and aren't going to give up until they acheive their goal. Many of these same kids who play on these All-Star teams play High School baseball. For instance, let's look here Grimm, Vanhoose and Sublett from Paintsville all played on the Senior League all-star team but yet played high school as well seeing significant varsity action. Same thing with Johnson Central they had a few who pulled double duties for All-Stars. Fyffe and Richardson are the two that come to mind. These kids are not scrubs, and even in the real world of baseball. Fyffe is one of the most dominating pitchers in the 15th, has a good bat and a glove in the field and Sublett is considered one of the top power hitters in the 15th and a very good fielder. You know I think traveling leagues are good and yes they would kill any all-star team. Think about it this way, they pull players from various areas to play and they are usually good players. So of course they would dominate most all-star teams. Maybe some kids have other obligations where they can't be on a traveling squad or maybe their family doesn't want to dish out the cash to travel that much or maybe they just want to be close to home where they can relax before they go back to school. It seems to me you got a chip on your shoulder against the folks of Paintsville. YOu can laugh at the mommies, make fun of the daddies and rag on BMR and Tucker Howard all you want but don't bring the kids of Johnson County down. We're proud to have two state champs in the same year, even if it were in hopscotch. Get over it.
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Ouch!!!!, you guys never cease to amaze me with the way you guys constantly go back and forth at each other. The bad part is that you have to make it personal and bring the names of the innocent kids into it. Shame , Shame , Shame....If things have not changed much over the years then the really truely funny thing about Paintsville baseball is all of the expert mommies that sit in the stands and make pure fools out of themselves.:lmao: It's hilarious to watch all the coniving, the complaining and the ploys out of mom . The dads aren't to bad, but oh watch out for mommy. I wouldn't be in Tucker Howards shoes for a million bucks.

Yes, it is a shame when someone brings a kids NAME in, when they are trying to make fun of something.:lame: Takes a mature adult to do something like that!

You assumed wrong because I was talking about his playing days of High School. But, he did also when one as a Jr. League player and as a Jr League Coach. Still not bad! O.K. back to the thread.

By the way MOJO, what are some other names that might see some time on the hump this year?

I know of at least one kid that has played on two State Champ teams, and has played on 4 different travel teams. His State teams were better. Believe it or not! Yes there are some travel teams that are great. We have not had the luxury of having those teams close by. I have seen very good teams playing in the Jr and SR State games. Teams that could challenge for High school Regions! Easily!
"JKWON33" Wrote:Tucker Howard was an assistant last season under Charlie Adkins and I'm sure he's real familiar with his returners. JCHS took one off the chin too there bub, lost a lot of talent...hell they returned half the friggin' team or all th position players except for Walters I think and they get beat first round of district....lol, now that's funny

This is a post on paintsville starters. And if you are talking about that being funny, does that mean that you didn't think that the tigers weren't very good last year?:lmao: Now you are making funny comments.

Any team that had to face Josh Lemaster was going to struggle! And I feel that Paintsville could've went to the final four as JC did. But it has been 15 years since they have even been close to that!!!:flame:
can anyone tell me what grade cory adams is in. i think he is a possibility behind the plate.
"halfstep" Wrote:Yes, it is a shame when someone brings a kids NAME in, when they are trying to make fun of something.:lame: Takes a mature adult to do something like that!

You assumed wrong because I was talking about his playing days of High School. But, he did also when one as a Jr. League player and as a Jr League Coach. Still not bad! O.K. back to the thread.

By the way MOJO, what are some other names that might see some time on the hump this year?

Not real sure, to be honest with you. I'm sure Grimm will pitch quite a bit. J.D. will probably pitch as well that is if his arm is okay to do so. Josh Watkins would pitch if he'd come out. Kevin Williams has been known to be a hurler, but doesn't throw much junk. You may see Kevin behind the plate as well. Not sure after that, the Tigers lost their whole staff pretty much last season. They'll take some lumps early in the season, but I suspect them to be okay down the stretch.

I could be wrong but I think Corey Adams is a freshman this year. I could be wrong if I am he's a sophmore. Adams is a possibility behind the plate, as is Williams, along with Watkins and Cantrell if they come back out to play this season.
"The Guru" Wrote:Now that is funny, considering that Johnson Central will be the team starting 2 or 3 8th graders!!!

You must not follow 15th region sports much do you? Your mighty Tigers started a few 8th graders in basketball a few years ago! I think it was a very smart decision too! When they are seniors, (even sophomores) watch out! I think maybe BOTH Mr. Basketball player played quite a bit at the junior high level. It is a shame for you all that KHSAA won't allow you to do that in football!:welcome:
"baseballforlife" Wrote:can anyone tell me what grade cory adams is in. i think he is a possibility behind the plate.

If Cory Adams starts behind the plate for the Tigers then there will be a lot of stolen bases.