Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
Westside Wrote:Congrats to WVU on the win. They were the better team tonight. IMO I don't see how anyone can blame the refs for this loss. UK shot horrible and lost plain and simple. WVU played better. Now I hope WVU wins it all.

Great post. We knew this was going to be a physical game, and we knew that any Bob Huggins team ALWAYS gets a game that the refs allow play. I'm ticked that our gameplan didn't plan for the 1-3-1 defense. Cal and the players were completely lost for 30 minutes of this game. Our defense couldn't defend the Three? We continue to shoot threes even when we are 0-20? C'mon, where is the coach changing the gameplan! This team played plane and simple like a FRESHMAN team. Wall could have got to the lane ANYTIME he wanted, but he decided he didn't want to. Don't give me this crap that WVU was lucky, they won and they won playing their gameplan. UK lost because they never played the gameplan that they have played all year long, and that was because of the opposition!

As a Blue and White fan, I completely disagree with those who felt like this was a disappointing season. Knowing where this program was, I love where we got to. UK plane and simple just began a season that will become the next DYNASTY. UK is back, and trips deep into the tournament will be the "Rule" and no longer the "Exception" Congrats to the Cats, and Welcome back to the Dance!
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by Stardust - 03-28-2010, 09:46 AM