Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
It was more a lock of offense than poor defense in my opinion and just a bad day.
I do question why keep shooting so many threes when they aren't going in? Late in game they probably had to trying to come back but couple times then they may have been better going for a quick two.
4-32 on 3s and 16-29 on free throws is where we lost. I never dreamed West Virginia would be 10-23 on 3s.
.I knew with Bledsoe with 4 fouls early in 2nd half and Cousins 3 and 10 points behind we were in trouble because West Virginia was just playing so well.
.I certainly can't fault Cal because he is a great coach and they had a great year.
.I wonder why he didn't feed it into post more. Was it to protect players and keep from fouling out?
.But we're not the only good team gone. Look. A 5 or a 6 seed will be in finals. West Virginia will play a higher seed in semifinals either 1 seed Duke or 3 seed Baylor. 5 seed Butler plays either 5 seed Michigan State or 6 seed Tennessee. I never dreamed Tennessee would be in Final Four and we'd be home after we beat them 30 points but they are.
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by bulldog149 - 03-28-2010, 12:51 AM