Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
Amun-Ra Wrote:It wasn't the call going against UK, it was the non-calls. If those picks and screens WVU kept setting were legal then I will give everyone on this site $100. On several of them Mazzoula would bend completely over and almost undercut the guy he was screening. He did it almost every trip down the court, right in front of the refs and they never called it but they sure as **** called a hold on the UK player who was trying to get around them.

I have to agree with this. There were countless times that I screamed at the top of my lungs because of those screens (most of them being by mazzoula). He would squat, connect his fists in the middle of his chest and jut his elbows out into every one of UK's players. That is ILLEGAL. He should have been fouled out in the first half because of this. You can't do that. Obviously that changes the outcome of the game. Nevertheless, the Cats just didn't have it tonight, missing 20 straight 3's and playing careless defense down the stretch lost them the game. It's unfortunate that they had to play their worst game in the last game.
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 - 03-28-2010, 12:43 AM