Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
could John Wall do what he did to Demarcus Cousins? tell him he committed to Duke just to see how he would react then tell him he committed to UK.

this is what is says:

"Today was a great day at the Carrier Dome. The media was brought together for what is usually a pointless exercise, the pre-game press conference but today was actually interesting. Because of the format, 30 minute breakout sessions with each player individually, a lot of the guys opened up and were very interesting to talk to. Some highlights:

JOHN WALL:
For my money, John Wall stole the show. The kid was swarmed with media and at one point had Andy Katz, Jeff Goodman, **** Weiss, Rick Reilly and Dan Wetzel all surrounding him. Yet he handled each question well and gave all the right answers. A couple of quotes:

— When asked about trying to suppress his ego when coming to Kentucky. “This whole thing isnt about me. Coach Calipari is a big time Coach. Patrick Patterson was here and is a big time player. Kentucky is a big time program, like an NBA program. I was just trying to fit in, not run the show.”

— When asked about his teammates, he said about Cousins “he doesnt ever stop talking, no matter what we are doing. He is a big goof ball but I love him like a brother.”

— He also told a story about when he committed to Kentucky. After committing to Kentucky, he texted Cousins and told him he was going to Duke. Cousins immediately called back and said, “you have got to be kidding. You are going to Duke?” Wall said he sounded upset and he made him wait before telling him, “nah you know I wouldnt do that.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=48119
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by Strikeout King - 03-27-2010, 10:41 PM