Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jesus Christ! what is wrong with you people.

If a team wins a championship, Who gets the credit? The star player!

Why is it this is cals fault.
Cal is on record as saying that they do not spend time in practice teaching free throw shooting. The Cats were a very young team. Was their three-point shooting or free throw shooting better at the end of the season than at the beginning of the season or was the problem there the entire season?

If you are a poor three point shooting team but have the talent to dominate inside, then you do not need to be taking 31 three point shots in a game.

With its starting point guard out for the season, and with Kentucky having two of most talented guards in the country, West Virginia committed only 12 turnovers and Kentucky turned the ball over 16 times.

Kentucky began and ended the season as the most talented team in the country. Kentucky ended the season looking like a talented young team without much experience. That is a reflection of coaching.

I have enjoyed watching Kentucky this season more than I have for quite a few years but I wonder how likely it is that a freshman dominated team like this one will ever win a title. I hope that Calipari is able to build teams with a little better blend of raw talent and experience in the future.

The team that wins the title this season will have far less talent than the Wildcats and that is a shame. I hope that some of this years NBA bound players decide to return for UK next season and pick up some more experience.
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by Hoot Gibson - 03-27-2010, 10:36 PM